Page 3 of 7 [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 5:14 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Fugu wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
The Washington Post is drivel, a garbage biased irrelevant paper.

Chapter 11 is part of business, it is a way to reorganize and renegotiate debt in an unprofitable venture in a way that keeps the business running instead of shutting the doors completely. Atlantic City went bust, gambling isn't a novelty in this country anymore and they don't have to go that far to find it, there wasn't anything you could do but Trump was smart enough to see the writing on the wall and divested from the area completely before it finally sank like the Titanic.

Like I said, I see nothing in Trump's record that doesn't suggest that he is an incredible businessman who took a lot of chances and risked his fortune to pursue something bigger. Trump was also a major figure in the USFL which was a football league in the 80s that tried to challenge the NFL when he was owner, the league didn't succeed it made it's make on sport's history and I can't knock someone for trying to compete and to try to compete with the NFL takes major cajones and probably a few screws loose. A big part of the reason these football players have what they have now is because of USFL and Trump because with a viable alternative the players who for so long were treated like cattle finally had some bargaining power and these guys are the ones sacrificing their bodies not the owner's so there were a lot of people making of money off football before they realized they actually had to pay and take care of these guys. I respect a guy that takes risks and is his own man instead the cowardly money hoarder which apparently you guys seem to prefer.
I see a lot of words but nothing that refutes what I've indicated.

why would a good businessman make a deal that results in his near destitution?

Because he didn't want to be completely broke? What is hard to understand?
what's hard to understand is how you can reconcile 'good business strategy' with 'goes bankrupt 4 times in 18 years'

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

23 Feb 2016, 6:55 pm

Fugu wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Fugu wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
The Washington Post is drivel, a garbage biased irrelevant paper.

Chapter 11 is part of business, it is a way to reorganize and renegotiate debt in an unprofitable venture in a way that keeps the business running instead of shutting the doors completely. Atlantic City went bust, gambling isn't a novelty in this country anymore and they don't have to go that far to find it, there wasn't anything you could do but Trump was smart enough to see the writing on the wall and divested from the area completely before it finally sank like the Titanic.

Like I said, I see nothing in Trump's record that doesn't suggest that he is an incredible businessman who took a lot of chances and risked his fortune to pursue something bigger. Trump was also a major figure in the USFL which was a football league in the 80s that tried to challenge the NFL when he was owner, the league didn't succeed it made it's make on sport's history and I can't knock someone for trying to compete and to try to compete with the NFL takes major cajones and probably a few screws loose. A big part of the reason these football players have what they have now is because of USFL and Trump because with a viable alternative the players who for so long were treated like cattle finally had some bargaining power and these guys are the ones sacrificing their bodies not the owner's so there were a lot of people making of money off football before they realized they actually had to pay and take care of these guys. I respect a guy that takes risks and is his own man instead the cowardly money hoarder which apparently you guys seem to prefer.
I see a lot of words but nothing that refutes what I've indicated.

why would a good businessman make a deal that results in his near destitution?

Because he didn't want to be completely broke? What is hard to understand?
what's hard to understand is how you can reconcile 'good business strategy' with 'goes bankrupt 4 times in 18 years'

It's pretty easy to I reconcile it since he's worth $10 billion, him getting off the mat and making a new fortune is a good thing. If I were illiterate at how business works then maybe I'd hold those chapter 11s against him but I do and I know it's a completely nonsense criticism and one that will get laughed at on a national stage if the democrats are stupid enough to go that route. Trump is a billionaire, he has created jobs and employs tens of thousands of people, and he did it buy building things and taking chances not by hoarding it and manipulating the market or like the politicians when they retire who sit on all these boards where they get paid back for doing the bidding of they dif for their corporate masters all their years in office.

Hillary Clinton is a very rich person and hasn't created a job in her life besides of those that have been hired to investigate her corruption and questionable ethics, I guess she did turn like a $1000 investment into $100,000 in 10 months back in the 70s on "cattle futures" if you believe that when she had never made a trade in her life hahahaha. Quid pro quo, the Clinton Foundation is being investigated by the FBI too for public corruption since it seems very likely that foreign entities paid for access to Hillary as Secretary of State. Huge huge conflicts of interest, makes no sense. Why would you want somebody who should be in prison to be president of the United States?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 7:13 pm

and still nothing comes to mind.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 7:15 pm

Yigeren wrote:
Because Hillary is even worse.

:roll: That is what Bernie Sanders is for, we don't need a trump.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 7:26 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Yigeren wrote:
Because Hillary is even worse.

:roll: That is what Bernie Sanders is for, we don't need a trump.

Bernie Sanders literally can't win, it is impossible. It would take the entire Democratic establishment to go against Hillary when they are universally behind her and have already given her a quarter of the delegates she needs to clinch the nomination. The race is very likely to be over after Super Tuesday, Bernie could stay in the collect delegates and leverage the party platform and prime speaking spot at the convention but he will not be the Democratic nominee even if he could beat Hillary at the ballotbox. If Hillary for some reason has to drop out then the nomination still isn't going to Bernie, Joe Biden is the back up plan and Michael Bloomberg is lurking in the shadows too. The whole process is rigged, rigged even more than the RNC rigged it when they buried Ron Paul's candidacy.

It is more than likely the choice this November will be Donald Trump vs Hillary Clinton, maybe with Michael Bloomberg as a third party candidate. I wouldn't put it past the establishment Republicans to run a candidate of their own to try to stop any one candidate from reaching 270, then the Paul Ryan led House gets to decide who becomes president.

It is pretty funny, the GOP in their attempt to kill off their grassroots candidates like Ron Paul have basically ensured Trump the nomination with their rule changes, they made the early states much more important and bound more of the delegates to the winning candidate on the first ballot.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 7:32 pm

I've never seen Trump's worth estimated above $5 billion, Jacoby. Where did you come up with $10 billion?

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 7:39 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
I've never seen Trump's worth estimated above $5 billion, Jacoby. Where did you come up with $10 billion?

from the horse's mouth

Trump puts a lot of value in his brand which is criminally undervalued by places like Forbes who put it at a mere $125 million when it is probably closer to the $3 billion that Trump claims, the proof is in the pudding considering Trump is the front runner for the presidency thanks to it. A lot of Trump's business is licensing and the use of his name and image, he created his brand from the ground up and has become someone that transcends politics and popular culture. Like I said, the Trump Organization has a 50% profit margin and Trump made $650 million last year which speaks for itself.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 7:40 pm

No matter how much the man is worth, even if he's worth $100 Billion, he's still not suitable for the Presidency.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 7:46 pm

but he is less evil than cruz the ooze.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 7:55 pm

Ah, OK. In other words, no credible source.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

wowiexist
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 8:23 pm

Even if he is the greatest businessman ever that doesn't mean he would be a good president. Ben Carson was a genius when it came to neurosurgery, but that doesn't mean he would be a good president either. Donald Trump doesn't have a good knowledge of any of the issues. If you watch any of the debates you would know that.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 8:36 pm

wowiexist wrote:
Even if he is the greatest businessman ever that doesn't mean he would be a good president. Ben Carson was a genius when it came to neurosurgery, but that doesn't mean he would be a good president either. Donald Trump doesn't have a good knowledge of any of the issues. If you watch any of the debates you would know that.

Yet he's the only one that is semi-sane when it comes to foreign policy, everyone else wants to restart the Cold War with Russia and want to bog us down in another middle eastern war. They don't think Obama has gone far enough, these psychopaths want blood. It's nonsense that he doesn't have knowledge of the issues, he has spoken more in depth than probably any other candidate. Airhead Rubio hasn't said anything of substance his entire time in the US Senate.

bb400guy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Feb 2016, 10:24 pm

Reasons to vote for Trump? That's easy - when there's a systemic problem, in order for positive change to occur, the majority of people have to uniformly agree that there's indeed such a problem and then change for the better will/must occur.

Once Trump becomes president (and he will) and brings down the U.S. to a never before seen low-point, then no one will deny that changes have to be made to the U.S. political system to ensure nobody like him can ever hold any kind of office in government.

Basically, Trump's going to drive the U.S. into a head-on-collision with fundamental change and not in a good way - It's time for all of you to put your seat belts and helmets on! GL 8O

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 11:02 pm

bb400guy wrote:
Reasons to vote for Trump? That's easy - when there's a systemic problem, in order for positive change to occur, the majority of people have to uniformly agree that there's indeed such a problem and then change for the better will/must occur. Once Trump becomes president (and he will) and brings down the U.S. to a never before seen low-point, then no one will deny that changes have to be made to the U.S. political system to ensure nobody like him can ever hold any kind of office in government. Basically, Trump's going to drive the U.S. into a head-on-collision with fundamental change and not in a good way - It's time for all of you to put your seat belts and helmets on! GL 8O

ok, when we hit our nadir, which direction do you think we'll go from there- hard right [tyrannical megalomaniac corporatist like Mussolini] or hard left [somebody like Lenin]? or somebody like Mustapha Mond?

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 11:14 pm

Jacoby wrote:
wowiexist wrote:

Yet he's the only one that is semi-sane when it comes to foreign policy, everyone else wants to restart the Cold War with Russia and want to bog us down in another middle eastern war. They don't think Obama has gone far enough, these psychopaths want blood. It's nonsense that he doesn't have knowledge of the issues, he has spoken more in depth than probably any other candidate. Airhead Rubio hasn't said anything of substance his entire time in the US Senate.
semi-sane? are you trying to be funny? the guy wants to build a wall across the mexican border

wowiexist
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 11:23 pm

Fugu wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
wowiexist wrote:

semi-sane? are you trying to be funny? the guy wants to build a wall across the mexican border

Building the wall isn't even the craziest thing he wants to do. He wants to force Mexico to pay us for the wall, he wants to have a mass deportation of 11 million people, he wants to ban Muslims, he wants to make Bill Gates shut down the internet, and I am sure there are more things. Plus I think he does want to go to war in the Middle East since when he was talking about ISIS he said "we are going to bomb the s**t out of them" on live tv.