Page 19 of 20 [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2010, 4:24 pm

Friskeygirl wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Friskeygirl wrote:
Hitler had syphilis infecting his brain, he was stark raving mad, if anything he was a narcissist of the worst type, his Mein Kampf or My Struggle is nothing but the delusional ravings of a rabid psychopath who destroyed all that he touched. Narcissists are not Aspies

Can you provide documentation to the effect that Hitler was suffering tertiary syphilis?

ruveyn

No not me, do you? :roll:

Transmitted unease topic

Apparently there has been a nasty rumour that hitler was infected by a Jewish? :roll: prostitute. (Does not specify the gender of said ho.)

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2010, 11:07 pm

Steve K asks :

COME ON! WHO would ask such a thing? Hitler did not do ANYTHING autistic.

Um a troll perhaps?

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2010, 12:35 am

sartresue wrote:
Friskeygirl wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Friskeygirl wrote:
Hitler had syphilis infecting his brain, he was stark raving mad, if anything he was a narcissist of the worst type, his Mein Kampf or My Struggle is nothing but the delusional ravings of a rabid psychopath who destroyed all that he touched. Narcissists are not Aspies

Can you provide documentation to the effect that Hitler was suffering tertiary syphilis?

ruveyn

Transmitted unease topic

Apparently there has been a nasty rumour that hitler was infected by a Jewish? :roll: prostitute. (Does not specify the gender of said ho.)

:lol:

flipflopjenkins
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Feb 2010, 6:31 pm

Friskeygirl wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Friskeygirl wrote:

ruveyn

I'm not sure why you're rolling your eyes. It was a fair question.
I suppose an obvious second question is -- have you read Mein Kampf?

ChrisVulcan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Mar 2010, 3:21 pm

Hitler might have been a sociopath, but he strikes me as being more of an egomaniac. He obviously was social enough to be able to manipulate an enormous number of people into following him. He did this through body language, tone, and carefully nuanced language and rhetoric; something an autistic Hitler would have found nearly impossible to do, if he even was motivated.
I also get the sense that Hitler gauged power as being the ability to control other people; carefully manipulating people's emotions as he attempted to rally his way into world domination. This is something I don't think an autistic person would be motivated, willing, or able to do.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2010, 11:02 pm

I can’t see where there’s any definitive evidence at all that Hitler was autistic.
It does seem like maybe (and only maybe) Heinrich Himmler (Reichsfuhrer of the SS) may have had Asperger’s, though, if you read enough accounts and descriptions of his personality.
We'll never know for sure and I doubt it matters.

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2010, 11:22 pm

flipflopjenkins wrote:
Friskeygirl wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Friskeygirl wrote:

ruveyn

I'm not sure why you're rolling your eyes. It was a fair question.
I suppose an obvious second question is -- have you read Mein Kampf?

No never read mein struggle, I also never read a harletquin romance novel in easy to read words
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2010, 6:57 am

I just came across an article in a Swedish publication, by a psychiatrist from Karolinska University Hospital, giving evidence for Hitler having Asperger's. I really, really, really hope it isn't true.

guineapigirl
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Dec 2010, 3:36 pm

I don't think he was autistic. Hitler was very charismatic and comfortable in front of people and had no problems communicating his ideas. I also read somewhere that Aspies usually have strict, unchanging morals against lying, manipulation, and murder.

Banned_Magnus
Raven
Raven

11 Dec 2010, 8:36 pm

He is more on the schizophrenic side of the spectrum. Austistics and schizophrenics used to be classified as the same thing.

Quote:
Swiss psychiatrist Eugen Bleuler first introduced the term autism in 1911. Autism and autistic stem from the Greek word "autos," meaning self. The term autism originally referred to a basic disturbance in schizophrenia, in short, an extreme withdrawal of oneself from the fabric of social life, but not excluding oneself.

Bleuler also coined the term ambivalence to designate one of the major symptoms of schizophrenia, the others being autism, disturbances of effect (emotion) and association (thought disorders). Ambivalence is a coexistence of two opposing drives, desires, feelings or emotions toward the same person, object or goal. The ambivalent person may be unaware of either of the opposing wishes. Bleuler felt that there were normal instances of ambivalence--such as the feeling, after performing an action, that it would have been better to have done the opposite; but the normal person, unlike the schizophrenic, is not prevented by these opposing impulses from deciding and then acting. Bleuler's schizophrenia differs in terms from the Freudian theories, in which ambivalence was described as feelings of love and hate toward the same person. (E.L. Horwitz, "Madness, Magic, and Medicine: The Treatment and Mistreatment of the Mentally Ill." [Lippincott, 1977])
http://www.pediatricservices.com/prof/prof-26.htm

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2010, 9:00 pm

guineapigirl wrote:
I don't think he was autistic. Hitler was very charismatic and comfortable in front of people and had no problems communicating his ideas. I also read somewhere that Aspies usually have strict, unchanging morals against lying, manipulation, and murder.
An Aspie can be manipulative and selfish as they want to. It's a personality thing. Most people in general aren't complete as*holes, so say only 10% of the NT population are as*holes. 10% of people with AS being as*holes would seem even rarer if you don't take the proportion into account. Less than 1% is rare enough for AS, 10% of 1% is a needle in a haystack lol.

As for hitler being autistic, I don't think so. He could've been socially awkward or w/e, but not to the extent of AS. Like people were saying in his paintings the people's posture and such in the pictures looked unnatural, so it hints to his perception. And speeches and conversation are two different things. Speeches are memorized and routine, whereas conversation is spontaneous and improvised.

Dalton_Man321
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Dec 2010, 12:59 am

No one will ever know. He's been dead for 65+ years now and his body has been destroyed.

I will say, however, that he was a delusional and bad man, Autism or not (I personally believe "not").

ddrapayo
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Dec 2010, 2:39 pm

Absolutely Not. He was one of the most charismatic speakers of all time. Strike 1. He had to have amazing people skills to be able to convince everyone in Germany that the Jews were evil and should be killed. Strike 2. If you watch his speeches, he makes great use of body language, emotion, etc. Strike 3. You're out. Those are the exact opposite of what autistic individuals are like. How many Autistics do you know who are as charismatic as Hitler was? Well seeing as he was one of the most charismatic speakers of all time, possibly even close to Martin Luther King, you probably don't know many NT's like that either. I'm not trying to support what he was saying by any means, but he did a very effective job of communicating it.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2010, 2:47 pm

It's pretty well nigh-impossible to retroactively diagnose someone with Asperger's. One of the only cases I think we can say with any degree of confidence is Glenn Gould (and even then, there's a half-decent chance it could be something else). I would like to comment, though, that I don't really buy a lot of the charisma arguments - being able to speak at people persuasively in a very choreographed setting isn't neccessarily contradictory to having AS.

Banned_Magnus
Raven
Raven

12 Dec 2010, 2:49 pm

Hypermentalists on the spectrum are very charismatic.

justicedave
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Sep 2012, 1:43 pm

Absolutely, Hitler was autistic because I've met people who're autistic and can still hold a job for their autistic tendencies are not as severe as other people. I believe Hitler consist of being narcisses for it's also one of many symptoms with people who're autistic. He'd get angry at his generals if they disobeyed a single order. Hitler's name was always being brought up for losing much of it's battles.