Page 1 of 20 [ 309 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2007, 5:24 am

I think it might have be sarcastic because I was mentioning Hilter in the VT post

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2007, 6:32 am

I doubt it.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2007, 9:36 am

No. Politics demands a certain level of knowledge about people. I don't believe he, or any other politician, at least at the highest levels, could be autistic.

PatrickG
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Apr 2007, 10:10 am

Autistics can train.

I'd wager that it's certainly possible for an Aspie to get elected president in the U.S. However I doubt they'd serve for two terms.

Carter and Bush Sr. strike me as fairly policy-minded presidents. Two termers seem to market their personalities more.

Actually, I'd argue that Richard Nixon is the most major politician who was most likely to be an Aspie; however, if he was, he probably had psychological conditions which allowed him to function as a politician.

An Aspie who is also bipolar and possibly a bit schizoptypal might have a better shot at politics than a garden variety Aspie.

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2007, 1:06 pm

I think it's pretty widely believed that he was sociopathic or psychopathic. I've heard many things about him but never that he was Autistic or even AS.

He could have even been Schizophrenic considering how paranoid he was, however Schizophrenics rarely reach such high levels of society.

jenda
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Apr 2007, 2:28 pm

I really like Stanislav Grof's models of deeper levels of consciousness.
Hitler was under BPM3 influance.
Grof would say: give him some LSD and may be he would be OK.
:lol:

Diamonddavej
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2007, 4:40 pm

The psychology of Hitler was the subject of extensive research by the Office of Strategic Services (predecessor of the CIA) during the Second World War. The OSS published a 1721 page report on the psychology of Hitler after the war. I believe he was an Psychopath, who exhibited some features of Asperger's.

Link:Hitler's Mind

Rauschning stated, "anyone who has seen this man face to face, has met his uncertain glance, without depth or warmth, from eyes that seem hard and remote, and has seen his gaze grow ridged, certainly has experienced the uncanny feeling that: this man is not normal."

Langer said, "His manner of speech soon looses any conversational qualities it might have had and takes on all the characteristics of a lecture that might easily develop into a tirade. He simply forgets his companions and behaves as though he were addressing a multitude, repeating the same stories over and over again in exactly the same form, almost as though he had memorised them."

Strasser stated that, "something otherworldly about him... a lack of knowledge in human beings and with a lack of sound judgements in them.... he lived without any bonds to another human being".

WildMan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Apr 2007, 5:07 pm

What about Rohm? I hear he was even more nuts.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2007, 5:10 pm

I have an idea: let's go around picking the worst examples of humanity and then try to associate them with Autism because that is a sure-fire way to get people to accept differences, isn't it?

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2007, 5:45 pm

Hitler was a violent, intolerant, manipulative loon.

That's it, that's all.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2007, 6:07 pm

dexkaden wrote:
I have an idea: let's go around picking the worst examples of humanity and then try to associate them with Autism because that is a sure-fire way to get people to accept differences, isn't it?

Sounds like fun to me.

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2007, 8:58 pm

Hitler was not autistic, and he did not have Asperger's syndrome. He was odd but he was capable of somewhat normal social interactive, and could actually be rather kind in person to certain people (children, his secretaries). His was, however, more unusual and less controlled then then, say, Lenin, Stalin, or any of the Soviet leaders. He was certainly the most disturbing individual ever to legally, in national elections, attain such a position as Chancellor of Germany.

Mao Tse-Tung was probably a colder person on an emotional level, and may have been the closest thing to an absolute sociopath to run a country in modern times (with the possible exception of Pol Pot).

To be clear, I am not arguing whether any of these individuals was a better or worse person or dictator. Each committed such horrible crimes on such a vast scale that I would I would I would feel it inappropriate to make such a judgment. However, each person does have distinct personalities that can be commented on.

Phaidros
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Apr 2007, 3:39 am

Its a fascinating topic, that deserves a look. some experts have discribed Hitler with Aspie features. heres just a few to consider:

1. his painting rarely featured people.
2. His lack of normal close relationships.
3. theres film footage of him pacing back and forth, an autistic feature. (long before parkinson's)
4. Obsessive interests.
5. a systematic personality.
6. His choice of the swatika as a symbol and its different versions look eerily autistic.
7. overly strong view of self
8. A dictitorial personality could have autistic tendencies
9. He loved animals, autistic people can have trouble with adult relationships

There are others but these are just a few. His socio-psychopathic nature was probably the result of severe psyical abuse from his father. Asperger's didnt create the tyrant it merely gave him the personality. Most criminal behavior is the result of child abuse not mental illness.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2007, 6:06 am

Phaidros wrote:
Its a fascinating topic, that deserves a look. some experts have discribed Hitler with Aspie features.

WHAT "experts"? They were IDIOTS!

Phaidros wrote:
heres just a few to consider:

1. his painting rarely featured people.

WOW, I guess a LOT of people are aspies!

Phaidros wrote:
2. His lack of normal close relationships.

He was a MANIAC, but he actually didn't have that much of a lack.

Phaidros wrote:
3. theres film footage of him pacing back and forth, an autistic feature. (long before parkinson's)

WOW, I guess EVERYONE is autistic! Heck, that is almost EXPECTED of people trying to ponder problems.

Phaidros wrote:
4. Obsessive interests.

He was a MANIAC!

Phaidros wrote:
5. a systematic personality.

How do you figure?

Phaidros wrote:
6. His choice of the swatika as a symbol and its different versions look eerily autistic.

HUH? So indians are all autistic, huh?

Phaidros wrote:
7. overly strong view of self

FUNNY, MOST, including myself, peg him with an INFERIORITY COMPLEX!

Phaidros wrote:
8. A dictitorial personality could have autistic tendencies

WOW, I guess everyone else is AS and I'm not. HOW DO YOU FIGURE?!?!?!?!?

Phaidros wrote:
9. He loved animals, autistic people can have trouble with adult relationships

Frankly, I never saw that! STILL, animal lover doesn't mean AS or autie!

Phaidros wrote:
There are others but these are just a few. His socio-psychopathic nature was probably the result of severe psyical abuse from his father. Asperger's didnt create the tyrant it merely gave him the personality. Most criminal behavior is the result of child abuse not mental illness.

Give me a break. I could list ******LOTS****** of reasons why he WASN'T autistic.

1. Domineering.
2. The constant harangues
3. loving to be near people.
4. As for being AS he made a lot of STUPID mistakes, and insisted on making that a big deal. He actually helped WIN WWII!! ! I credit him with being the SINGLE biggest reason for the end of WWII! GRANTED, the Atomic bomb played a good part, but hitler helped to keep germany and japan out of the way, etc.... It also lowered the Allied deaths!

BTW the idea of using a simple PATENTED(in a foreign country yet) "encryption" device isn't very smart. I wonder if hitler did THAT also!

Face it! He was just some stupid megalomaniac that had an inferiority complex and lucked nto meeting a lot of nationalists. Hitler was DEAD SET AGAINST the jewish people that were outsiders. That made him PERFECT for the NAZIs!

Steve

BigT
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Apr 2007, 8:50 am

My instinct tells me no he wasn't.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2007, 11:34 am

Hitler had parkinsons, other than that he was just an out-of-control sociopath. He was way too charismatic and good with NT people to be an Aspergian.