SJW - What would be a good literal name for them?

Page 7 of 9 [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2018, 2:46 am

know it alls
thought bullies

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2018, 6:19 am

Considering that the term "social justice warrior" was concocted by racists, xenophobes, and misogynists as an epithet to denigrate anyone who opposes their bigotry, I'm quite happy to be an SJW, and greatly prefer being an SJW to the alternative.
I'd love to have it in big letters on a T-shirt, but only if it comes in 'Antifa' colors! :)

Origin of far-right insult; "social justice warrior"

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2018, 10:33 am

> SJW - What Would Be A Good Literal Name For Them?

I always thought "Marxist memebot" had a certain ring to it, although "Maoist memebot" might be more accurate. :D

There Are Four Lights!

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2018, 2:12 am

AspE wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Scum ?

S = Social
C = Cultural
U = Universal
M = Marxists

Because it's politically incorrect to use the term "international Jew" these days.

If the SJWs were Jewish they wouldn't side with the Muslims. Jews and Muslims don't exactly get along.

Come to think of it, when have the Jews ever embraced Marxism? They were against the communization of Russia. The Soviets weren't kind to them either. If they were running the show they wouldn't have been so cruel to themselves.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2018, 2:14 am

What ever name will give them it will quickly will quickly lose its specific meaning and turn into a generic insult meaning "anyone who disagrees with me".

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2018, 9:17 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
Drake wrote:
Yes. But also thinking about the really egregious stuff they do. Doctored or outright false statistics, labelling people all kinds of things to get them out of the way, vicious dogpiling when they have the numbers, attacking free speech itself, getting power and abusing it.

These are all-too-common behaviors of political propagandists of all kinds, especially the more fanatical ones, both left and right.

Quote:
The identity politics,

Like it or not, "identity politics" is now, has always been, and always will be a fact of life in politics. What does change is WHICH identities are most prominently in play. For example, Protestants vs. Catholics used to be a big big deal; not so much anymore. Here in NYC, there used to be a lot of identity politics involving the Irish. (Our annual St. Patrick's Day parade is a relic of that time.)

Quote:
the groupthink, the absolutes, the dogma,

Nothing new here either, and again they pertain to political fanatics of all kinds on both the left and the right. Just call them "groupthink", "absolutes", and "dogma". If you feel a need to subsume all these behaviors under one label, perhaps "fanaticism" will suffice?

Anyhow, although identity politics per se is nothing new, and neither is fanaticism, some things ARE new, including:

(1) We all can bump into political ideologues more easily and directly, thanks to the Internet. (Previously, for most people at least, the mainstream mass media acted as gateways.)

(2) Here in the U.S.A., thanks in part to the above, both the Republican and Democratic parties have become more polarized. The increasing polarization is also due in part to a century-plus-long realignment that has finally run its course. (150 years ago, the Republicans were the left-wingers and the Democrats were the right-wingers, rather than vice versa as they are today.)

Quote:
the corruption of the new generation in academia

Yes, overbearing "political correctness" in academia can indeed be a real problem insofar as it creates a climate of fear on at least some campuses and in at least a few other places. I happen to agree with many of the social changes that the campus left-wingers are calling for; they just need to happen in a way that encourages, rather than discourages, critical thinking and freedom of thought.

They are indeed, SJW identifies the ideology as well as behaviour all in one neat package, but it can be used for other groups as well if their behaviour is the same if you identify the group (eg. alt-right SJWs)

The thing is, I don't think of these things as identity politics. You're not WRONG, but these are simply single groups trying to elevate themselves above others. And yes, that will probably go on until the end of time. With the SJW identity politics, they take lots and lots of groups and rank them, the "progressive stack". They want to effect change across all aspects of society.

Fanaticism doesn't do it for me, because SJWs are just different even if there is significant overlap. When I was dealing with SJWs before I had a name for them, after a while I was strongly reminded of Islamic fanatics. Knowing about fanatics doesn't help you deal with SJWs. You need to know about SJWs to be able to deal with them effectively, and so you need a name for them.

It also helps the radicals gather and organise.

I guess you'd need to elaborate on the changes you're thinking of, but if change occurs organically, that's usually fine. Legalisation of gay marriage for instance was an organic change, campaigners got the masses broadly onside and got what they wanted with the support of the people. The SJWs though are forcing it through.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2018, 9:23 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
Am I an SJW? :(

Your username doesn't hold any meaning for me, you haven't left an impression on me yet. But while I've seen the occasional post on here that has got my SJW alarm bells ringing, there is no one on this site that I think is an SJW.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2018, 9:47 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
What ever name will give them it will quickly will quickly lose its specific meaning and turn into a generic insult meaning "anyone who disagrees with me".

So it's up to the rest of us to use it properly. Along with the rest of the words that have been stripped of their meaning.

magnetowasright
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Oct 2018, 11:54 am

This may be a little off-topic, but I need to share my personal experience:

Last year, when I was homeless, a piece of sh!t on FB decided to berate me about my "privilege". Knowing full well that I was unemployed, homeless, and struggling with mental illness; he took it upon himself to inform me that because I happen to be a straight white male, that means none of my struggles are legitimate and that any troubles I am experiencing are my own fault for being lazy because I have all the advantages.

This type of scum couldn't care less about the plights of minorities; to them, the social justice platform is just a means to bolster their narcissistic egos. Their strategy is to target unfortunate and struggling individuals, who do not fall into any of the minority categories they acknowledge according to narrow criteria of their choosing. They bully these individuals by proclaiming them unworthy of sympathy due to their "privileged status" in order to trigger them, so they can accuse them of racism/misogyny/homophobia/etc whenever they speak to defend their positions, and then dogpile them with like-minded @$$holes. All so that they, in the end, can pat themselves on the back and congratulate themselves for being such great ****ing heroes. It's deplorable!

I recall that just a few short weeks prior to this incident, the same worthless piece of trash posted a meme that was a faux dictionary entry for the word "liberal", championing himself as some kind of champion of the downtrodden. No calls to action. Nothing that spreads awareness of any important social or political issues. No subtlety whatsoever. Just pure narcissistic virtue signaling. Look at what a great ****ing hero I am!

Also of note: this @$$wipe was my roommate for a year in college. He had ample opportunities to talk his sh!t to my face. But of course he never did then. It was years later, once he was in another state thousands of miles away, that he became bold on social media. You see, that another fact about these scumbags: they never will attack unless they're certain they're in a position which makes them perfectly safe from any retaliation. They only employ their bigotry in online forums and social media, where they can remain safely miles away from their victims and/or hidden behind the anonymity of a screenname; or only in public forums in which they can guarantee their control and superior numbers. They will never allow their opponents to face them on an equal ground. Based on this, I'd like to purpose my suggestion for the thread's titular request: F***ing Cowards!

Perhaps the worst damage of all is suffered by all the true social activists in the world: the waste of the vast amounts of time, energy, and resources they now have to spend simply to convince their audiences that their messages are not just more of the same SJW bullsh!t everyone is fed the **** up with.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2018, 11:16 pm

magnetowasright wrote:
This may be a little off-topic, but I need to share my personal experience:

Last year, when I was homeless, a piece of sh!t on FB decided to berate me about my "privilege". Knowing full well that I was unemployed, homeless, and struggling with mental illness; he took it upon himself to inform me that because I happen to be a straight white male, that means none of my struggles are legitimate and that any troubles I am experiencing are my own fault for being lazy because I have all the advantages.

The strange thing is, I think whites vs minorities has replaced upper class vs lower class.

It should be obvious that the wealthy are privileged above the poor. Many of the disadvantages that minorities are more likely to face could be due to poverty. For example if you have a town in which most of the black people are poor and most of the poor people are black, that would mean that most of the black people can't afford to go to college. It would also mean that 100% of the poor people can't afford to go college.

So let's say that people observe that blacks are underrepresented in the town college, because most of them can't afford to go. So they give scholarships to all the black kids. This would only solve part of the problem, if a small fraction of the town's poor are white and a small fraction of the town's rich are black.

It would mean that Cletus the white trash yokel wouldn't qualify even though he's poor and it would mean that Jaden Smith would qualify even though he's from a family of millionaires.

On the other hand, if you gave people financial assistance based on their wealth (or lack thereof), it would solve the problem more thoroughly.

I think that the largest and most marginalised group in the world are poor people. Not only do they suffer from poverty but they also get blamed for everything. It's socially acceptable to blame economic problems on the poor (even though it would be more sensible to blame economic problems on the people controlling the money).

I notice that intersectional feminists, who talk about marginalised people on the intersection of being black, female, gay, trans, muslim, etc seldom bring the lower class as a marginalised group that might be on the intersection of these other groups. They usually bring up poverty as a symptom of problems rather than a cause of problems.

I'm not blaming the lower class for being poor, I'm saying they need help just as much as any other marginalised group.

And SJWs have failed. When they talk about the number of professional women vs professional men who get promoted to CEO, that's of no interest to a woman living in poverty. If they made 50% of women CEOs, that wouldn't help the woman who mops the floors. If a male doctor gets $300,000 per year while a female doctor gets $200,000 per year, that's of no interest to the lady who mops their floors for $15,000 per year.

I'm not saying that it's fair for male doctors to get paid more, I'm saying that helping the cleaning lady who has to feed her kids on instant noodles should have a higher priority than helping the two doctors who both have six digit salaries.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2018, 4:08 pm

The Alt-Left.

Last edited by CockneyRebel on 29 Oct 2018, 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2018, 4:12 pm

domineekee wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:
Am I an SJW? :(

Definitly not

That's a relief. :)

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2018, 9:10 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
The Alt-Left.

Perfect!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 2:04 am

Virtue signallers...
Simples... :wink:

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 10:01 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
AspE wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Scum ?

S = Social
C = Cultural
U = Universal
M = Marxists

Because it's politically incorrect to use the term "international Jew" these days.

If the SJWs were Jewish they wouldn't side with the Muslims. Jews and Muslims don't exactly get along.

Come to think of it, when have the Jews ever embraced Marxism? They were against the communization of Russia. The Soviets weren't kind to them either. If they were running the show they wouldn't have been so cruel to themselves.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll make it fit. It's not like you are beholden to reason or facts or anything. The Nazis also called Jews the agents of Communism and used that meme to attack them.

History.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 2:37 pm

Piobaire wrote:
I'm quite happy to be an SJW, and greatly prefer being an SJW to the alternative.

But you agree there isn't just one alternative?
It is not "binary"...