Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 5:06 am

Please indicate with whom among particular RACE (exluding you own RACE) you respect the most.
Please stad you race on the TOP, and than pick you personal favor, you can give maximum 3 pics per race

NO RACIST SLUR IS ALLOWED, any such think i will report to ADMIN.

I'm White my Personal Favor is

Black:
Neil Degrasse Tyson
Morgan Free Man
Martin Luther King jr.
Arab:
King Darius
Suleiman the Great
Saint Nicholas of Myra AKA Santa Claus :D
Asian:
Michio Kaku
Mahatma Gandhi
Genghis Khan :D

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 5:22 am

I don't see the point in this. What's the point?

Besides, East Asians, southeast Asians, and South Asians aren't closely related to one another at all. South Asians aren't all one race. They are in an area where multiple races meet.

TudorGothicSerpent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 May 2016, 5:25 am

Yeah...I really don't get the point of this thread. Also, Persian is its own ethnicity, not Arabic.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 5:30 am

Arab is not a race, they are majority Caucasian, just with a slightly olive skin.

Saint Nicholas came from Greek Anatolia. You are assuming he was Arab, but only becuase he was in what is modern day Turkey. Turks aren't really Arab as in from Arabia. The Turks weren't even dominant in the region at the time.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 5:35 am

Actually, Klingons are one of my favorite races. I like elves, too. Wookiees aren't bad, but they are pretty hairy. Ewoks are cute, but slightly annoying. Dwarves are always badass, except for the ones from Snow White. Hobbits are boring to me.

Hmm...

Out of the Klingons, although an obvious choice, Worf is my favorite.

I'll have to do a bit of thinking for the others.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 5:39 am

I know maybe a little bad I composed this question :oops:

But it was me who in the midst of a different culture or ethnic origin enjoy the most are often too prejudiced to introduce other cultures so for a change we will focus on something positive :D

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 5:43 am

Yigeren wrote:
Actually, Klingons are one of my favorite races. I like elves, too. Wookiees aren't bad, but they are pretty hairy. Ewoks are cute, but slightly annoying. Dwarves are always badass, except for the ones from Snow White. Hobbits are boring to me.

Dwarfism is developmental/genetic

:wink:

My favourite Ole Warwick Davis.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 5:44 am

I like lots of other cultures. Anthropology is a special interest of mine.

I just don't think it should be broken down into race; perhaps ethnicity or culture is better. Race is a broad and inexact category, and it really doesn't have much to do with culture.

I especially like reading and learning about cultures that aren't very well-known here. For instance, I like Mongolian traditional music.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 5:48 am

Yigeren wrote:
I especially like reading and learning about cultures that aren't very well-known here. For instance, I like Mongolian traditional music.

Like Tuvan Throat singing?

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 5:50 am

^ Yes, I know. I was referring to the imaginary race, though. I like Warwick Davis; he's so talented. I think Danny Woodburn is my favorite, though. He's in practically everything.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 5:52 am

I do like throat singing. It is really similar to Tuvan throat singing, but there are some differences from what I've noticed. I don't speak either of the Mongolian languages, so I don't usually know what they are saying.

Simargl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 May 2016, 5:54 am

Yigeren wrote:
^ Yes, I know. I was referring to the imaginary race, though.

Talking about imaginary races:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE1bmpwJ4cg

:P :lol:

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 6:05 am

^^^ Watching that made me feel like I was on a rollercoaster. I actually felt dizzy and nauseated, lol.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 7:16 am

Racism is against all races. Your being racist by not including white people in " Your RACIST personal favor? :-)" I'm Countersueing you for fraud. (Joking)

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 7:28 am

Pieplup wrote:
Racism is against all races. Your being racist by not including white people in " Your RACIST personal favor? :-)" I'm Countersueing you for fraud. (Joking)

I'm just asked to put you favorite representative of all races (exuding you own) because we all biased :D

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 8:49 am

You're venturing into sensitive territory, and you're giving us instructions in broken English risking misunderstandings. A dangerous combination. This thread could be headed to the dumpster.

I think you're asking this: name your favorite person in each race/ethnic group.

Darius was Persian (not actually "Arab")
Sulieman the Great was Turkish (also not Arab).

Saint Nick was from what is now Turkey but lived there before the ethnic Turks had invaded from Central Asia in the later middle ages (though St. Nick may have had a similiar racial look to modern Turks in modern Turkey).