Veteran

28 Jun 2016, 3:50 pm

Hurrah, it's a Brexit Victory.

All we need now is a new P.M.. :lol:

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2016, 5:03 pm

...I did see the comment/speculation made that Johnson may have seen a Leave vote as more " a tool to get concessions out of the EU/a more favo(u)rable set of conditions for Britain " than to actually leave...Be careful what you ask for , you may get it........... 8)

Empathy wrote:
Hurrah, it's a Brexit Victory.

All we need now is a new P.M.. :lol:

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2016, 7:37 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I knew these days would come. I thought that Britain and Germany were helping Europe out of a bad economy.

I wouldn't expect one worker ant to feed a whole colony, so I don't know why it should be Britain's or Germany's responsibility to bail everyone out.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 9:43 am

People have savoured this vote for a long time, and now it is here.
I'm pretty sure Brexit is the start of something new and hopeful for everyone.
The negativity we've had from some people, reflect the countries uncertain response to what our so called m.p's are going to do for us next. If it's in the countries favour though, we might secure good trade deals, if it isn't? what is the worst that could happen.

Now the majority of people in my country want to see change,and the chance of industry and services prosper once more.
There might have been tons of protester 'kids' outside Westminster yesterday, but that was nothing compared to Thatcher's Britain where coal miners set out on strike every day not to get their factories shut down.
The steel workers may have acted the same if it weren't for Brussels intervening yet again.

If Boris Johnson, Theresa May or Stephen Crabb from Wales want office, let them take it up with one another.
As long as they aren't late in stamping their votes in favour of wininng..

A stronger country, a better unity, democracy, safer borders and fairer equity without minor damage to the economy is the way forwards to implement the change.

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 4:15 pm

Empathy wrote:
what is the worst that could happen.

We lose free access to a market of 500 million people.We have to prepare and pay for Customs documents and
tariffs on exports as well as pay for Duties on imports.Instead of dealing with Europe which is up to 7 days transit by surface,we instead look to world markets,which are up to 30-40 days transit by sea away in the case of India,China and Australia.We are already exporting to these countries so unless we can magically manufacture other products, provided we can sell them cheaply enough,we will be struggling to increase trade.
If we want to avoid losing access to the free market we have to accept the free movement of labour,thus defeating
the purpose of many peoples' Leave vote.
London loses its place as the financial capital of Europe to Frankfurt,Paris or Dublin.
Apart from that,what hope have we of ever got of winning the Eurovision Song Contest again :)

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2016, 4:36 am

I’m satisfied that civil understandings are rectified and proceedings can begin in earnest.

The new line up in as follows. Michael Gove, Theresa May, Stephen Crabb, Nicky Morgan and two others. Boris had to go, seeing as the old lion heart has steeped down for this important role.
What’s needed is probably a Braveheart to ignore the creeping sadism that has crept up on unsuspecting M.P;s, and also the remain protestors are extremely childish to carry on their sad ways they are depleting the point that we don’t choose this option now, and I think its sad for any leader to be pelted with stones or abuse just because they have either lost the vote of confidence, or worry about their upcoming sanity whilst child-minding a city of further torries and hypocrites.
Once the crowds have slowed down their animalistic behaviours of so called academic uprising, then we can all live to prosper in a new democratic climate that is fairer for the beneift of all E.U nationals and British people.

Image Theresa May

Image Stephen Crabb

Image Michael Gove

I've picked two of Michael Gove as I was trying to pick out the best mug shots I could find.

All in all, these are the best three main candidates I think for the party. Nothing can be worse than Corbyn's leadership at the moment.

More write up to follow on from, comments and suggestions from the party. :wink:

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 6:20 pm

Has anyone been watching the reshuffle on the cabinet?

We've just landed a fresh island perspective and brand new identity

'So long, Osbourne, you creep!'

Hopefully, Boris can do a better job as finance minister, now that he's come back. :P

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2016, 12:28 am

Boris is foreign minister supposedly, one would presumably need to count to ten to do finance. Now all he has to do is deal with everyone he's offended in the past. And possibly not fall from a zipwire. Tories are really becoming akin to Republicans... laughing stock.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 3:59 pm

Mootoo wrote:
Boris is foreign minister supposedly, one would presumably need to count to ten to do finance. ..

I believe he speaks over 50 different languages and is quite bright, when he's not squatting down with paper and pen at number 10!
He has shown concern now over 'the people of Gibraltar's vote'. I mean, if it wasn't for Wales we would have most likely have stayed in the Euro zone, because Belfast and their sh***y commentators can't even begin to speak Brexit.
I want to see hope and change for our economy, and flag upon flag of our nations fathers would be a good omen to see.

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2016, 6:55 am

Empathy wrote:
Mootoo wrote:
Boris is foreign minister supposedly, one would presumably need to count to ten to do finance. ..

I believe he speaks over 50 different languages and is quite bright, when he's not squatting down with paper and pen at number 10!
He has shown concern now over 'the people of Gibraltar's vote'. I mean, if it wasn't for Wales we would have most likely have stayed in the Euro zone, because Belfast and their sh***y commentators can't even begin to speak Brexit.
I want to see hope and change for our economy, and flag upon flag of our nations fathers would be a good omen to see.

Wales has less than 5 % of the UK population.England's 80% was always going to decide the outcome. I don't know
how many languages Boris speaks but I do know he speaks gibberish.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2016, 11:21 am

pluto wrote:

Wales has less than 5 % of the UK population. England's 80% was always going to decide the outcome...

I don't know where this is quoted from, but 80% of newcomers vs's foreign shipment does normally decides the outcome. Northern Island have the smallest number.. and Gibraltar and Scotland are in it together..

Another fact worth deciding, is the difference in poll locality, so Edinburgh has 500,00, Aberdeen, 235,000 approx,
600,000 in Glasgow and about 344,000 in Belfast.

Even if the vote was shared at a million votes, Britain and Wales combined won the overall share in the Brexit walkout.

pluto wrote:
I don't know how many languages Boris speaks but I do know he speaks gibberish.

Maybe Boris doesn't look the part and has a lot to learn, but one thing he is not, is a pompous looking fat cat, called Michael Gove.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2016, 9:26 pm

...I've ment to start a new post but ~ Does it seem like , to you supporters of Leave , that the mainstream is trying to " ease " it ?
" Not really " leave ?
Do you think that they are proceeding fast enough ?
I saw this talk of Britain having " freedom of movement " in some partial membership (I am rushing this out) ~ Do you Brits who voted for " Leave " see it as that or 100% leaving (even if it took time) , guarded borders and all ?

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2016, 2:01 am

I don't think all people who voted leave or otherwise were voting for a single issue. The UK can choose if outside but inside the single market there has always been the requirement for free movement, and Norway's the only other country with a sizable population that is out of the EU but in the single market and even then it accepts that and also has no say in any policy decisions. If the UK is no longer part of the single market then that is when businesses start on their exodus...

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2016, 4:27 am

Boris was shafted by Gove, who is pompous and undemocratic as well as uncharismatic.
The complete opposite of Boris. People need to wake up and smell the sulphur before they start their name calling childlike protests, on top of a pathetic petetition which serves little or no purpose and, cuts the mandate by half on any re-elections.
The process can be better managed by someone like Theresa May who stands in power for not just the country but the people who are fed up of it all.
The ones who needed to be chucked out have gone, pending their sly behaviour on the backs of others, and the ones wielding the knife can be sure their instincts to pursue power are better matched.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2016, 4:53 am

Mootoo wrote:
The UK can choose if outside but inside the single market there has always been the requirement for free movement,. If the UK is no longer part of the single market then that is when businesses start on their exodus...

Why then don't you start a new exodus and let Brits cope with our own mess? That goes for all non-thread comments from U.S members who are 'getting bored'. Focus on your own U.N elections before you land your own nationals with the same choices that we've had to make. A small island faces tougher sanctions over immigration even when it's out there fighting for a voice to claim back our island status, which is not free.

I think that there used to be a power grab over what free movement that trade can supply, but when you look at the types of agencies out there, it means more investment into digging out the linguistics of such an important matter that as yet seems to be ignored. I'd like to know what free movement does for hiring translators who have just come off migrant boats and pretend that they have these qualifications that, obviously don't show their language speech impediments that we can all hear.
I live next door to migrants, went to adult classes with them, and they single you out almost automatically.
The free class solution has stopped now, pending valid visa entry and whilst they can no longer be exploited for being in the single market, E.U foreign nationals still had the right to vote whilst they had the chance, as well as get a British passport.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2016, 10:26 am

Mootoo is from the UK.