Obama might veto bill allowing 9/11 families to sue foriegn

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2016, 7:10 am

9/11 bill breezes through Senate over Obama veto threat

The Senate UNANIMOUSLY passed the bill which is aimed at Saudi Arabia which is suspected of involment in the attacks. The House is more uncertain as Speaker Paul Ryan is reported to have concerns. The Saudis are threatining to sell off US assets if the bill passes.

The problem was apperant back in 2001 with The Bush Family and the Bin Ladin having a 30 year business relationship and then whisking out of hundreds of Bin Ladin family members residing in America without nearly the vetting one would expect after the deadliest attack on mainland America in history. Obama has no personal business relationship with the Saudis I know about, another company too big to fail I guess.

We got to face up to the fact that we are a client state of Saudi Arabia not the other way around, we got to face up to the reality that America and Israel have fundamental conflicting national interests when it comes to Saudi Arabia. As a Jew who is much more pro Israeli the pro Palistinian not a comfortable thing for me to say at all but I have not chosen to move to Israel which I could have done and still can do so, so be it.

If I were president on day 1 I would order the Saudi Royal family and thier partners in crime taken out. There would be painful consequences expected, not expected, and unintended from such an action. Such is the case when you delay a needed action for 15 years.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

19 May 2016, 8:19 am

How can Obama veto something that was passed unanimously? Couldn't it be over rided? Obama taking cover for the Saudis, he's obviously not the only one. The Saudis are the true enemy of America and the head of the snake when it comes to terrorism.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2016, 8:53 am

Jacoby wrote:
How can Obama veto something that was passed unanimously? Couldn't it be over rided? Obama taking cover for the Saudis, he's obviously not the only one. The Saudis are the true enemy of America and the head of the snake when it comes to terrorism.

Even if the House votes unanamously for the bill Obama can veto it but the veto will be overidden. If the House votes for the bill with less then a 2/3 majority the veto will be sustained.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman