Why would a Sanders supporter vote Trump? I don't get it.

Page 3 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2016, 6:06 pm

Quote:
This is kind of ironic. Because I believe that Trump's business was a scam and you don't, means that I'm the one with too much faith in business.

To put it another way, I believe I'm being scammed in some way almost every time I exchange cash for something. So in that sense, yes, Trump College is a scam. But not any more of a scam than other businesses and products.

Example: I buy my kids drinks that are supposedly 100% juice. It says 100% juice all over the packaging. If you read the label, though, (and this is true for multiple brands) it says the drink contains juice and "natural flavors". That's not 100% juice, and the government doesn't require companies to divulge what these "natural flavors" are. Also, the word "natural" has no legal definition when it comes to food. In other words, ANYTHING could be in there.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2016, 6:19 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
Quote:
This is kind of ironic. Because I believe that Trump's business was a scam and you don't, means that I'm the one with too much faith in business.

To put it another way, I believe I'm being scammed in some way almost every time I exchange cash for something. So in that sense, yes, Trump College is a scam. But not any more of a scam than other businesses and products.

Example: I buy my kids drinks that are supposedly 100% juice. It says 100% juice all over the packaging. If you read the label, though, (and this is true for multiple brands) it says the drink contains juice and "natural flavors". That's not 100% juice, and the government doesn't require companies to divulge what these "natural flavors" are. Also, the word "natural" has no legal definition when it comes to food. In other words, ANYTHING could be in there.

There is actually a huge difference in those examples. If we stick to the juice analogy it would be like saying that the drink is made using 100 percent juice when I reality it's all artificial flavoring. One is just shady but common advertising techniques the other is a bold faced lie. There are different degrees of shadiness and Trump falls on the dark side of that line.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2016, 6:30 pm

Just an afterthought YippySkippy, I'm with you on those food label issues. I'm vegan so I've read a lot of ingredient lists and there is a lot of room for improvement.

I remember hearing one of the reasons companies didn't want to add the amount of added sugar to the label is because it would be to expensive to change the labels. It's ridiculous, when gluten free became more widespread companies rushed to put the words gluten free on things.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2016, 6:51 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
Quote:

Solution: don't buy anything.

yelekam
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 12:33 am

Both candidates have trade positions which lean in a more protectionist/ pro-American production state

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 2:25 am

Many Sanders supporters feel like Clinton won the nomination through underhanded means, so voting Trump is a way of punishing her for that.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 5:55 am

That would be a most asinine way of exacting revenge, in my opinion.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

09 Jun 2016, 10:23 am

Trump opposes globalist free trade including NAFTA and TPP

He opposes the reckless, pointless, and uncompensated use of our military

He is not a member of the political class, he is not beholden to the interests of Wall Street or any foreign interest group nor is he beholden to the leadership of the Republican party.

Hillary is quite literally a criminal, she is owned by the special interests and is a continuation and doubling down of all the worst aspects of Dubya and Obama's disastrous foreign policies. Hillary winning is a win for the status quo, nothing will ever change for the better with her in office. Voting for Trump will overthrow the current political order, it will change politics in this country forever.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 10:26 am

Jacoby wrote:
Trump opposes globalist free trade including NAFTA and TPP

He opposes the reckless, pointless, and uncompensated use of our military

He is not a member of the political class, he is not beholden to the interests of Wall Street or any foreign interest group nor is he beholden to the leadership of the Republican party.

Hillary is quite literally a criminal, she is owned by the special interests and is a continuation and doubling down of all the worst aspects of Dubya and Obama's disastrous foreign policies. Hillary winning is a win for the status quo, nothing will ever change for the better with her in office. Voting for Trump will overthrow the current political order, it will change politics in this country forever.

So what was she convicted of?

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 3:18 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
Out of 100 senators Hillary was the 11th most progressive. And since the only viable options are Trump and Clinton, any pragmatic progressive should vote for Clinton.

No way can that be true (don't bother with links, I don't believe the lies the corporate media spins about Hillary, so it wouldn't matter anyway). Hillary doesn't have a progressive bone in her body. She only swung that direction because of Sanders.

Nothing about Hillary falls into a progressive ideal. Hillary is center right while a true progressive is far left of her.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 3:20 pm

RoadRatt wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:
Out of 100 senators Hillary was the 11th most progressive. And since the only viable options are Trump and Clinton, any pragmatic progressive should vote for Clinton.

No way can that be true (don't bother with links, I don't believe the lies the corporate media spins about Hillary, so it wouldn't matter anyway). Hillary doesn't have a progressive bone in her body. She only swung that direction because of Sanders.

Nothing about Hillary falls into a progressive ideal. Hillary is center right while a true progressive is far left of her.

So what are you basing your opinion on then? Not everything is spin.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 3:39 pm

imho
Hillary supports and represents Hillary. She likes money and power and prestige, and she likes doing or saying whatever gets her those things. I don't think she gives a rat's arse about America or the American people.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 3:47 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
imho
Hillary supports and represents Hillary. She likes money and power and prestige, and she likes doing or saying whatever gets her those things. I don't think she gives a rat's arse about America or the American people.

I disagree, though I'm sure she has a more than healthy ego, as anyone running for president has. But I have not gotten that impression from what I've seen from her. Besides that, there is no way you can tell me that she has a bigger ego than Trump.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 4:03 pm

Quote:
Besides that, there is no way you can tell me that she has a bigger ego than Trump.

No, I will not be making that argument. :lol:

You must admit, though, that Trump's political views seem to be genuinely held (even if some of them are stupid or dangerous or naïve). Hillary seems, to me, to say whatever she thinks others want her to say.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 4:06 pm

Truthfully, Trump sometimes seems as if he takes up varying viewpoints at the rate of about one per minute.

It's all crap, really.

I'll vote for the person who will benefit me, my family, and my friends most.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 4:36 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
Quote:
Besides that, there is no way you can tell me that she has a bigger ego than Trump.

No, I will not be making that argument. :lol:

You must admit, though, that Trump's political views seem to be genuinely held (even if some of them are stupid or dangerous or naïve). Hillary seems, to me, to say whatever she thinks others want her to say.

No I won't admit that. Trump says he's American first yet his ties are made in china, he said Hillary would make a great president and Bill was a great president. He's featured in Trump U ads flat out lying. I can't tell what that guy believes. Even CNN labeled him a liar and major news sites almost never use that word.

Hillary has changed positions over the years but the core of her philosophy hasn't really changed. She fought for a more progressive health care plan than The Affordable care act in the nineties. And I don't think it's a bad thing that she has changed a few position over the years. We all have shifts in our thinking from time to time and politicians are no different. The thing that has encouraged me is that as time went on she seems to have adopted some positions that are more in line with Sander's supporters.