Why is it so hard being conservative anywhere?

Page 3 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,753
Location: Netherlands

14 Jun 2016, 10:08 am

K_Kelly wrote:
I can't accept this anymore and I feel like I have no recourse. I'm sick about hearing and suffering through all the destruction liberals have done to America. Maybe I should go die in a hole because I can't get along with anybody with a different political view.


One could always find an online group with political view similar to yours.

Quote:
I really feel dispirited. Conservatives are only defined by what they are against. Even conservatives in other parts of the world are more centrist than America is.


Being a conservative was long considered an insult here in the Netherlands. But that has changed since Fortuyn, a homosexual who was against gay-marriage (if I remember correctly he considered it fake emancipation) and brought certain issues in to the mainstream political debate.



chessboxer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 4 Dec 2014
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 42

14 Jun 2016, 4:23 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Drake wrote:
wilburforce wrote:
You might as well ask "why is it so hard being on the wrong side of history?"

The question answers itself.

Ah you SJWs and your wrong side of history... such arrogance.


Conservatives have opposed civil rights for blacks and other ethnic minorities, opposed civil rights for gays, are obsessed with where trans people go to the toilet, push the teaching of pseudoscience in lieu of evolution, opposed the expansion of the social safety net, etc. That's definitely being on the wrong side of history.


The approximately one million people killed by the South Asian Thuggee cult were also on the wrong side of history. Then later the Thuggee cult itself got on the wrong side of history by being wiped out.

That's because history is just what people do. People who talk about being 'on the right side of history' in order to justify their beliefs are basically admitting they have no principles, and therefore they deserve zero respect.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,545
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

14 Jun 2016, 5:00 pm

Shrapnel wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Conservatives have opposed civil rights for blacks and other ethnic minorities, opposed civil rights for gays, are obsessed with where trans people go to the toilet, push the teaching of pseudoscience in lieu of evolution, opposed the expansion of the social safety net, etc. That's definitely being on the wrong side of history.


By using such a broad brush to categorize an entire group of people, you exemplify the OP’s premise.


Are you going to tell me that conservatives haven't been on the wrong side of history on those issues I named?


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,545
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

14 Jun 2016, 5:03 pm

chessboxer wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Drake wrote:
wilburforce wrote:
You might as well ask "why is it so hard being on the wrong side of history?"

The question answers itself.

Ah you SJWs and your wrong side of history... such arrogance.


Conservatives have opposed civil rights for blacks and other ethnic minorities, opposed civil rights for gays, are obsessed with where trans people go to the toilet, push the teaching of pseudoscience in lieu of evolution, opposed the expansion of the social safety net, etc. That's definitely being on the wrong side of history.


The approximately one million people killed by the South Asian Thuggee cult were also on the wrong side of history. Then later the Thuggee cult itself got on the wrong side of history by being wiped out.

That's because history is just what people do. People who talk about being 'on the right side of history' in order to justify their beliefs are basically admitting they have no principles, and therefore they deserve zero respect.


Right is right, and wrong is wrong. The murders of the Thuggee cult was wrong, and so was the American right's support of segregation. Being on the right side of history doesn't just mean you're on the winning side.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,545
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

14 Jun 2016, 5:04 pm

jkrane wrote:
Being conservative, means that I am pro freedom.

So that means I am...

1. Pro-LGBT (because what you do in the privacy of your home or a bathroom stall is no one's business but your own.
2. Pro-Drug (put whatever the hell you want in your body - it's not my problem.
3. Pro-Abortion (people make mistakes, why should an unwanted child have to pay the price?)


You might consider yourself a conservative, but members of the conservative movement would tell you that you aren't.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,671
Location: Seattle

14 Jun 2016, 5:09 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
You might consider yourself a conservative, but members of the conservative movement would tell you that you aren't.


Funny, I have those exact same beliefs, and people accuse me of being conservative all the time...


_________________
Murum Aries Attigit


Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

14 Jun 2016, 5:13 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
You might consider yourself a conservative, but members of the conservative movement would tell you that you aren't.


Funny, I have those exact same beliefs, and people accuse me of being conservative all the time...


People consider you a conservative because you typically take the more conservative side of an issue. Also you created thread about being conservative on WP.



chessboxer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 4 Dec 2014
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 42

14 Jun 2016, 5:39 pm

Modern liberalism is dressed up as a political ideology, but it is really just a tool used by non-Whites (and one non-White group in particular) to attack White societies. Joe Blow White liberals and Joe Blow White conservatives are too dopey to understand this.

Joe Blow White liberals join in the attack and feel like winners. Joe Blow White conservatives try to defend against an attack whose nature they don't understand, and they wonder why they keep losing. Ask a Joe Blow conservative what they're trying to conserve and why and they don't even know - the answer changes every five years or so.

However, over time even Joe Blow White liberals are going to find that having the "right opinions" isn't enough to save them.

Image



friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,539

14 Jun 2016, 5:41 pm

Fiscal conservatism, by definition, must favor smaller govt.

Bigger govt is forever fixing Bastiat's window, like the corporatist version of Munchhausen by proxy.

It's the help you don't need or want.



Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,671
Location: Seattle

14 Jun 2016, 6:04 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
People consider you a conservative because you typically take the more conservative side of an issue. Also you created thread about being conservative on WP.


And? I made clear in that thread that I'm not conservative myself, but often function as a sort of unofficial spokesman because I don't like the way conservatives are treated here, none of which has anything to do with my point to Bill.


_________________
Murum Aries Attigit


friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,539

14 Jun 2016, 6:10 pm

chessboxer wrote:
However, over time even Joe Blow White liberals are going to find that having the "right opinions" isn't enough to save them.


That's called --
liberal karma
looking for love in all the wrong places

Some blacks are farming the cities, suggesting autonomy, and saying never to humiliate themselves for n- trinkets (their words.)

The ones we are being shown find World Star Hip Hop infamy, terrorize the Mall of America, hold up ISIS signs, and are accused of radicalizing mass shooters. :|

A frank and honest person should question which blacks he is dealing with.



AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,114

14 Jun 2016, 6:19 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:
People consider you a conservative because you typically take the more conservative side of an issue. Also you created thread about being conservative on WP.


And? I made clear in that thread that I'm not conservative myself, but often function as a sort of unofficial spokesman because I don't like the way conservatives are treated here, none of which has anything to do with my point to Bill.

Maybe you don't get to hold views repugnant to most of thinking society and not get s**t for it? It's not like conservatives are born that way.



Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jul 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 555

14 Jun 2016, 6:23 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Are you going to tell me that conservatives haven't been on the wrong side of history on those issues I named?


More Republicans voted in favor of the Civil Rights Act than Democrats.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/10/politics/civil-rights-act-interesting-facts/


"Virginia's Democratic Rep. Howard W. Smith was a staunch segregationist and strongly opposed the Civil Rights Act.
Smith, who was chairman of the House Rules Committee, came up with many tactics to discourage the passage of the bill's Title VII, which would outlaw employment discrimination because of race, color, religion or national origin."

Also of interest:
On Aug. 8, 1935, Social Security and Medicare passed in the House 372-33, with 81 Republicans voting in support. The next day, the bill was passed in the Senate 77-6, with 16 Republicans supporting the legislation. So Social Security also passed with Republican support.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2009/aug/28/howard-dean/dean-claims-social-security-and-medicare-were-pass/

Conservatives simply don't tout these achievements as liberals do.



Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2015
Age: 32
Posts: 1,399
Location: England

14 Jun 2016, 6:34 pm

Don't use the phrase "wrong side of history" it's silly propaganda overused during the cold war and look how that ended for both sides. The Soviet Union is dismantled, a strong anti-Marxist state is rising from its ashes and America has become the spiritual successor to that same empire and is busy flushing itself down the toilet.


_________________
Most ignorance is vincible ignorance. We don’t know because we don’t want to know. It is our will that decides how and upon what subjects we shall use our intelligence. Those who detect no meaning in the world generally do so because, for one reason or another, it suits their books that the world should be meaningless.


AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,114

14 Jun 2016, 6:50 pm

Shrapnel wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Are you going to tell me that conservatives haven't been on the wrong side of history on those issues I named?


More Republicans voted in favor of the Civil Rights Act than Democrats.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/10/politics/civil-rights-act-interesting-facts/


"Virginia's Democratic Rep. Howard W. Smith was a staunch segregationist and strongly opposed the Civil Rights Act.
Smith, who was chairman of the House Rules Committee, came up with many tactics to discourage the passage of the bill's Title VII, which would outlaw employment discrimination because of race, color, religion or national origin."

....

Democrat didn't mean liberal back then. All the racists joined the Republican party after that. They were known as Dixiecrats. Forget wrong side of history, try learning history.



Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,671
Location: Seattle

14 Jun 2016, 6:54 pm

AspE wrote:
Maybe you don't get to hold views repugnant to most of thinking society and not get s**t for it? It's not like conservatives are born that way.


Sober up and get back to me when you make sense.


_________________
Murum Aries Attigit