I am for the legalization of Mary Jane nationwide!

Page 4 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2016, 11:34 am

I wouldn't advise anyone take LSD. Real LSD is pretty much non-existent now from what I heard. You'd be better off taking peyote, which is much safer to begin with.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2016, 4:30 pm

DataB4 wrote:
BeakyBird, very thoughtful post earlier in the thread. Thanks for sharing the details about marijuana's spiritual origins and how that relates to religion today. Very interesting. :) I would still say that marijuana use today has little to do with spirituality, but I guess today's context doesn't matter to the religious.

Re: addiction, according to the study cited in this thread, which was also quite interesting, addiction estimates are around nine percent of users, followed by alcohol in the low twenties, then cocaine, then heroin, and then tobacco at 67 percent. I had no idea. There's also info in the study about the different strains of marijuana and their effects, as well as the vulnerability to addiction of people with mental health conditions. If I had known that the addiction rate for alcohol was that high, I might never have tried it. Turns out that I'm pretty sensitive to alcohol anyway, so I won't ever be an alcoholic.

The trouble with the idea people with mental health conditions are more prone to addiction is much of the time its not so much they necessarily more prone to addiction...however they are more likely to self medicate in an attempt to alleviate symptoms than people without a mental health condition, which could lead to addiction depending on the substance and amount of usage.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2016, 4:42 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
ZenDen wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
If it's legal, what about "second-hand smoke"?

There are people who work jobs in which -- by state law-- they cannot have any "dope" in their bodies.

For example, "school bus drivers" get random drug tests, and are fired if there is any trace of dope in their bodies.

I see no reason why, except for medical marijuana, the same restrictions against smoking tobacco in public should not be used. Over time people will realize and accept medical marijuana is more than getting high, and hopefully will amend or adjust for trace amounts.

In the case of a bus driver (etc.) it would be the same as would be the case of alcohol consumption.

I see no reason why, except for medical marijuana, the same restrictions against smoking tobacco in public should not be used. Over time people will realize and accept medical marijuana is more than getting high, and hopefully will amend or adjust for trace amounts.

Any more suggestions?

Your response does not address the concern though.

Let's say you work as a school bus driver, and right before your afternoon shift, on your lunch break, you catch a wiff of second-hand pot, and as a non-smoker you have very low tolerance , will your judgement be impaired ?

Has that second-hand smoke just put the lives of children at risk?

There's weed out there strong enough to get someone stoned from just a whiff?!?Where?Sounds like some good s**t.lol
I doubt anyone is going to get f****d up from just smelling pot.The unfairness of drug tests is that THC stays in the body for weeks after smoking.So someone could fail a pee test from smoking a doobie on their day off.That's not going to impair their driving on Monday morning.

If it was legalized nationally the drug test wouldn't test for pot...also yeah I want to find some of this stuff that gets you stoned with one whiff, that would have to be some really good s**t.

Alcohol is legal and the drug tests test for alcohol. Some companies randomly test for drugs and alcohol is a part of that test. I got drug tested for my job. Just because a drug is legal doesn't mean it's exempt from drug tests.

I haven't heard of anyone failing a pre-employment drug test for alcohol, unless they decided to binge drink the night before and go in still half drunk but I don't know anyone that stupid. Whereas with cannabis you could have smoked it 5 days ago, yet you can test positive for much longer. basically a drug test doesn't imply 'this person goes to work high' if they test positive for cannabis. All a drug test does is invade peoples privacy and hassle responsible cannabis users who don't smoke at work or before work since they can still fail.

Don't be stupid and be high/drunk at work is what I think the rule should be, and I could even see maybe a drug test if they give reason for the employer to believe they are impaired. But otherwise it's just an invasion of privacy.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

22 Jun 2016, 8:22 pm

Cannabis really is the only so called drug that stays in your system any amount of time, you be out of your mind on coke or meth a day or two before and still pass a drug test since it simply leaves your system so much quicker and the same is true with liquor. Drug tests are pretty much totally useless beyond punishing pot smokers. You're not high for weeks, it just shows up in drug tests.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 6:44 pm

I'm not for the legalisation of pot in any country. It fries the brain and it stinks like hell. I'd like to be able to walk down the street without getting high.

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2016, 1:37 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'm not for the legalisation of pot in any country. It fries the brain and it stinks like hell. I'd like to be able to walk down the street without getting high.

That's why you limit where people can use. If it's on their own property, it should n't be an issue. I don't want to breathe in cigarette smoke, but I have to worry about being around it every time I leave the house, since I live in a poor area. It's also an area where people will bu cigarettes and alcohol over food. Good priorities are not common place here.