Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 12:12 pm

http://drudgetoday.com/v2/r?n=0&s=2&c=1 ... 1-07-37-27

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Jun 2016, 12:17 pm

British national illegally in this country after overstaying his VISA btw

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 12:19 pm

Would someone explain why Autism is linked a lot to these kinds of shootings? I don't get it.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 12:42 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Would someone explain why Autism is linked a lot to these kinds of shootings? I don't get it.

-being told you're stupid all your life
-being made fun of all your life
-forced torture from the lights/noises
-being fired from jobs over and over
-PTSD from the above

I'm surprised more don't "crack".

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 1:12 pm

I've always thought it a rare event to see autistic shooters. Is that wrong? If we go just by the numbers there will naturally be able to be a few before it becomes disproportionate.

As for this particular case, it seems weird to have someone who's not even American want to do it. Imagine anywhere in the World someone from another country flying in to try and kill an election candidate. I never would have thought a non-American would try to kill Trump. I hope this doesn't motivate Trump to push in on the vaccines cause autism thing if he wins the election.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 1:19 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

-being told you're stupid all your life
-being made fun of all your life
-forced torture from the lights/noises
-being fired from jobs over and over
-PTSD from the above

I'm surprised more don't "crack".

Yes, but this guy said he wanted to kill Trump for over a year - that's an obsession. Maybe it has to do more with OCD than Autism. Not all Autistics have OCD, but they keep linking these shooters to Autism which is not making Aspies look very good. I always read that Aspies aren't violent. That isn't true?

Darn, I flunked.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 2:10 pm

nurseangela wrote:

I don't think it actually is. The media just always looks for an easy explanation. I think they look at the lack of empathy and social isolation in the criteria for autism and extrapolate from there.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 2:20 pm

His lawyer said he had autism. Maybe the guy casually mentioned to his lawyer that the "might" be autistic. Who knows?

I don't discern an autism profile with this man. I think it seems like the guy doesn't have much of a life, and he obsesses about things.

Frankly, the media is too casual when it comes to autism. The term is bandied about too casually. Every situation like this is ascribed to "autism" these days.

It seems as if every "misfit" is "autistic" nowadays. It gives autism an undeserved bad name.

TheRedPedant93
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jun 2016, 2:32 pm

He's also obsessed with the British techno-combat game show "Robot Wars" (produced by the BBC) like I am, what I don't share is his postulated SJWism (he hates Trump).

He's just lucky that when he is deported back to the UK (he's an illegal immigrant residing with his American girlfriend for overstaying his VISA for 18 months) and subsequently incarcerated in our "holiday camp prisons" due to his transgressions that he will be able to watch the upcoming revival this Summer.

I sincerely hope the Asperger's and OCD card doesn't come into play here as there is simply no excuse for his felonies. There is no connection between ASD's and such associated shootings as an underlying psycho-pathological disorder that contraindicates it would be a more rational explication for such driven temperaments like this one.

Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 1 out of 200
Alexithymia Questionnaire: 166/185 AQ: 49/50 EQ: 9/80

Last edited by TheRedPedant93 on 21 Jun 2016, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 2:48 pm

he should serve his sentence here before he gets deported back to the UK

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 2:49 pm

You mean his FELONIES. Misdemeanors are relatively minor crimes in the US>

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 2:52 pm

As usual They Media Lacks evidence that said person has said disorders, It says he has Anorexia, OCD, and ASD. Also says he was treated for OCD, and anorexia, at a Hospital and escaped, he probably didn't like it there and that might be a cause. There is no specific treatment in a few articles. So I'm assuming that his parents didn't say. It is likely that he either was obsessed with Donald trump and probably didn't like Donald Trump. This however must have had some logical reason. He probably didn't like what he found while researching Donald Trump. That is very likely. He probably escaped from the hospital because he didn't like it there.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Jun 2016, 3:30 pm

There is no positive relationship between autism and violence or crime. Autism might reduce your risk of committing a crime.

Being fixated on killing someone for a whole year sounds more like a symptom of autism than a symptom of OCD. OCD tends to relate to things like checking whether the doors have been locked repeatedly and washing your hands until they bleed. It isn't normal behaviour for any neurotype.

Although I will be supporting Clinton in the Presidential election, I am very glad that Trump was unharmed.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 3:47 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
There is no positive relationship between autism and violence or crime. Autism might reduce your risk of committing a crime.

Being fixated on killing someone for a whole year sounds more like a symptom of autism than a symptom of OCD. OCD tends to relate to things like checking whether the doors have been locked repeatedly and washing your hands until they bleed. It isn't normal behaviour for any neurotype.

Although I will be supporting Clinton in the Presidential election, I am very glad that Trump was unharmed.

I found this article on OCD and obsession with people and it says that there is usually not violence.

http://beyondocd.org/expert-perspective ... her-people

If you say that "being fixated on killing someone for an entire year sounds like a symptom of autism", I hate to say it, but I would be scared to be around Autistics. You would never know when they would fly off the handle. Reading several books on Autism I didn't find any information supporting that this kind of behavior would be more inclined by an Autistic person. Where are you finding these facts that are you basing your statements from?

Darn, I flunked.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 3:56 pm

All this guy is doing is using it as an excuse, a plea for leniency and maybe the hope that he'll just get deported back to the UK instead of having to face prison time in the US. I'm sure the prisons in the UK are lovely, probably nicer than my first apartment. It's Norway but you should see the abode that Anders Brevik has, you might be jealous.

Perhaps the hysterical sensationalistic rhetoric from the media should be dialed back a bit but of course they will never will take any of the blame for the societal damage their so called 'journalism' does.

I doubt this dumbie was ever close to hurting Trump anyways, he probably yanked on some cops gun not understanding the concept of a retention holster and then got pummeled.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 5:08 pm

nurseangela wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:

I found this article on OCD and obsession with people and it says that there is usually not violence.

http://beyondocd.org/expert-perspective ... her-people

If you say that "being fixated on killing someone for an entire year sounds like a symptom of autism", I hate to say it, but I would be scared to be around Autistics. You would never know when they would fly off the handle. Reading several books on Autism I didn't find any information supporting that this kind of behavior would be more inclined by an Autistic person. Where are you finding these facts that are you basing your statements from?

I think that was just speculation. That a fixation on anything lasting a year is more an autism thing than an OCD thing. But either way most people with OCD and/or autism are not anymore prone to violence than the average person.