Page 8 of 12 [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Oct 2009
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,118
Location: Vancouver, BC

13 Jul 2016, 10:03 am

The Republicans have hated the Clintons for a quarter century. While they have given Bill the begrudging respect due to a triumphant foe, they reserve visceral, white-hot, uncompromising bile for Hillary. The fourth estate has--as is their duty--gone over her and her background with many, many fine toothed combs.

After a quarter of a century of scrutiny by resourceful, powerful people who desperately want to take her down, what have they come up with? Nothing. So we are left with a couple of possibilities. Perhaps she is corrupt, and clever enough to hoodwink the Republicans, and law enforcement agencies at federal, state and local levels (remember, the email scandal is not the first attempt to stick something to her). Or perhaps, this is another scandal with no substance.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... l-abramson

I'm prepared to take Jill Abramson's reasoned opinion over someone's "genuine belief" in Clinton's criminality.


_________________
--James


Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

13 Jul 2016, 10:48 am

Why would least principled politicians in history elicit the strongest response? Why hasn't Obama implicated in scandal after scandal if there really was this 'vast right wing conspiracy'? They were embroiled in scandal before they even left Arkansas. Doesn't make a lot of sense. Jill Abramson, the ****canned disgraced former editor of the New York Times, thinks she's 'fundamentally honest' which I think should even get a snort out of her supporters. She had the best truth telling record on the Politifact or factcheck or whatever! She talks about money in politics but what about money in media? Who funds those sites? Who funds the media? It couldn't possibly be George Soros could it? It couldn't possibly be the special interests of Wall Street and the richest people on this planet could it? :roll: People definitely should follow the money with Hillary, follow the $25 million she was paid for 'speeches' to bankers at Goldman Sachs and the like that she refuses to even release the transcripts too, follow the hundreds of millions of dollars in foreign donations that poured into the Clinton Foundation while she served as Secretary of State, to throw it back follow $1000 "investment" she made into $100000 by supposedly trading cattle futures in less than 10 months only to never trade again, she said she was 'dead broke' and in debt when Bill left office but now they're somehow worth hundreds of millions of dollars? Remember when she was talking 'sniper fire' in Kosovo?



Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

13 Jul 2016, 11:22 am

Trump was a private citizen not an elected or even appointed official

he has been consistent on his core beliefs and has been for for over 30 years

he is a much more honest person than Hillary, Trump says whats on his mind too much whereas Hillary needs it focus group tested before opening her mouth on anything. Do you believe she's really against TPP? Do you really believe she's not beholden to Wall Street?



Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

13 Jul 2016, 11:27 am

Jacoby wrote:
Trump was a private citizen not an elected or even appointed official

he has been consistent on his core beliefs and has been for for over 30 years

he is a much more honest person than Hillary, Trump says whats on his mind too much whereas Hillary needs it focus group tested before opening her mouth on anything. Do you believe she's really against TPP? Do you really believe she's not beholden to Wall Street?


This is just getting sad now. Trump could punch an infant and you would still make excuses for him.



AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Jun 2014
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,118
Location: Brigham City, Utah

13 Jul 2016, 11:31 am

President Truman is now known to have been extremely racist and anti-Jewish. But, the world didn't know this at the time. If simple, ordinary, elected Democrats are beset upon, where were the criticisms of earlier Democrats? The endless litany of doubts expressed about the Clintons only mounts, it never goes away.

I was a Clinton delegate in 1996. In 1991, I served as a security staffer when then-Gov. Bill Clinton spoke to the Democratic National Committee in Los Angeles. I knew people who were friends with the Clintons since college. The Clinton administration approved my appointment to serve as an adviser to the U.S. Office of the Attorney for the District of Utah. I served as one of Bill's campaign-committee members in my state. In other words, I believed strongly in the Clintons.

So, how does my current opinion about them differ from what it was 15 years ago? Answer: I became exhausted of constantly defending them while, bit by bit, I realized that there was some "there, there." Where there is smoke, there is fire. And, that opinion comes from an LGBT former Democratic leader. Speaking of former Democrats, why is it that about one-third of registered Democrats left their party in the last several years (according to Pew Research Center polling data)?


_________________
Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)


Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

13 Jul 2016, 11:43 am

Lukeda420 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Trump was a private citizen not an elected or even appointed official

he has been consistent on his core beliefs and has been for for over 30 years

he is a much more honest person than Hillary, Trump says whats on his mind too much whereas Hillary needs it focus group tested before opening her mouth on anything. Do you believe she's really against TPP? Do you really believe she's not beholden to Wall Street?


This is just getting sad now. Trump could punch an infant and you would still make excuses for him.


What do you want from me? To repudiate him completely and declare my support for Hillary? Obviously. :roll: I'm not going to play the game of wading thru all the **** that has been thrown against the wall trying to sink Donald, it's impossible and not worth my time. If he became a neoconservative, if he became an open-borders CoC Republican, if he started trumpeting these disastrous trade deals, if he started pushing abolish our 2nd amendment, then maybe he would give me reason to pause but I am not bothered by his manner of speaking and can't see any reason why I should support Hillary or even Gary Johnson to be honest over him.



Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

13 Jul 2016, 11:59 am

Jacoby wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Trump was a private citizen not an elected or even appointed official

he has been consistent on his core beliefs and has been for for over 30 years

he is a much more honest person than Hillary, Trump says whats on his mind too much whereas Hillary needs it focus group tested before opening her mouth on anything. Do you believe she's really against TPP? Do you really believe she's not beholden to Wall Street?


This is just getting sad now. Trump could punch an infant and you would still make excuses for him.


What do you want from me? To repudiate him completely and declare my support for Hillary? Obviously. :roll: I'm not going to play the game of wading thru all the **** that has been thrown against the wall trying to sink Donald, it's impossible and not worth my time. If he became a neoconservative, if he became an open-borders CoC Republican, if he started trumpeting these disastrous trade deals, if he started pushing abolish our 2nd amendment, then maybe he would give me reason to pause but I am not bothered by his manner of speaking and can't see any reason why I should support Hillary or even Gary Johnson to be honest over him.


You're holding these people to different standards and really I'm just pointing that out. You're too wound up in Trump's sales pitch that you don't notice.



Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

13 Jul 2016, 12:16 pm

How is it a different standard? I find Hillary's positions fundamentally corrupt on top of the personal corruption, it's not just her words/lies that bother me as she has disgraceful record. When it comes down to it, you have choice between the ultimate force of the status quo and an outsider and I know who I'm going with.



Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

13 Jul 2016, 12:31 pm

Jacoby wrote:
How is it a different standard? I find Hillary's positions fundamentally corrupt on top of the personal corruption, it's not just her words/lies that bother me as she has disgraceful record. When it comes down to it, you have choice between the ultimate force of the status quo and an outsider and I know who I'm going with.


I believe Earthbound has already explained how rather nicely.



Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

13 Jul 2016, 12:33 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
How is it a different standard? I find Hillary's positions fundamentally corrupt on top of the personal corruption, it's not just her words/lies that bother me as she has disgraceful record. When it comes down to it, you have choice between the ultimate force of the status quo and an outsider and I know who I'm going with.


I believe Earthbound has already explained how rather nicely.


I'm glad you found your guru then



Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

13 Jul 2016, 12:40 pm

http://www.mediaite.com/print/report-fb ... side-deal/

Quote:
According to The New York Post, FBI agents who worked on the Hillary Clinton email investigation are privately upset with the decision not to charge her and are quietly alleging that Attorney General Loretta Lynch must have struck a deal with her husband Bill Clinton during their private meeting.

The Post cites anonymous sources in the FBI who claim that agents investigating Clinton were subject to higher-than-usual scrutiny. Agents had to sign “Case Briefing Acknowledgment” forms, non-disclosure agreements keeping them from speaking to anyone about the case unless called to testify. As a result, agents cannot go public with their opinions of the case, whether they agree with the final result or not.

Some of those agents privately tell the Post that they are “disappointed” with FBI director James Comey‘s decision not to recommend charges. Some were even more vocal: “FBI agents believe there was an inside deal put in place after the Loretta Lynch/Bill Clinton tarmac meeting,” said one source.

The Post of course offers no evidence that Lynch and Clinton actually struck any deal, but the fact that Comey’s subordinates would even allege as much is striking. Meanwhile, a source in the Justice Department told the Post that many in the Department are “furious” at Comey, and that he “managed to piss off right and left.”



Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

13 Jul 2016, 12:51 pm

Jacoby wrote:
http://www.mediaite.com/print/report-fbi-agents-privately-believe-lynch-clinton-struck-an-inside-deal/

Quote:
According to The New York Post, FBI agents who worked on the Hillary Clinton email investigation are privately upset with the decision not to charge her and are quietly alleging that Attorney General Loretta Lynch must have struck a deal with her husband Bill Clinton during their private meeting.

The Post cites anonymous sources in the FBI who claim that agents investigating Clinton were subject to higher-than-usual scrutiny. Agents had to sign “Case Briefing Acknowledgment” forms, non-disclosure agreements keeping them from speaking to anyone about the case unless called to testify. As a result, agents cannot go public with their opinions of the case, whether they agree with the final result or not.

Some of those agents privately tell the Post that they are “disappointed” with FBI director James Comey‘s decision not to recommend charges. Some were even more vocal: “FBI agents believe there was an inside deal put in place after the Loretta Lynch/Bill Clinton tarmac meeting,” said one source.

The Post of course offers no evidence that Lynch and Clinton actually struck any deal, but the fact that Comey’s subordinates would even allege as much is striking. Meanwhile, a source in the Justice Department told the Post that many in the Department are “furious” at Comey, and that he “managed to piss off right and left.”


People were going to be pissed regardless of which side he landed on. So I don't get your point.



Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

13 Jul 2016, 12:59 pm

Hey Jacoby,

Didn't you post an article that said there would be mass resignations of FBI agents if they didn't indict? Well, I'm waiting.



Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

13 Jul 2016, 1:11 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
Hey Jacoby,

Didn't you post an article that said there would be mass resignations of FBI agents if they didn't indict? Well, I'm waiting.


I don't believe I said that, no. All I believe I said was that there most definitely would be internal division and anger if the decision was made to not recommend prosecution when there is evidence of wrong doing because of political forces. There is a recent article asking that question so perhaps you're confusing me with some talking head. Also if there was resignations because of this, we wouldn't know about them as they're not allowed to publicly talk about it.



Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

13 Jul 2016, 2:37 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:
Hey Jacoby,

Didn't you post an article that said there would be mass resignations of FBI agents if they didn't indict? Well, I'm waiting.


I don't believe I said that, no. All I believe I said was that there most definitely would be internal division and anger if the decision was made to not recommend prosecution when there is evidence of wrong doing because of political forces. There is a recent article asking that question so perhaps you're confusing me with some talking head. Also if there was resignations because of this, we wouldn't know about them as they're not allowed to publicly talk about it.


Ok, I'll take your word for it. It was a daily caller article. It's pretty funny now considering it claimed James Comey himself would be amongst those resigning.