Page 104 of 108 [ 1723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108  Next

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2019, 4:39 pm

Fnord wrote:
I hope that I will live to see the day that a man who enjoys reading, baking, and tending his garden will be considered as 'manly' as a man who enjoys drinking, gambling, and watching professional sports on TV.

I do too. I think it will happen eventually, but only after heterosexual women in general are truly as attracted to such men as they are to what has been traditionally masculine for eons (ie seeing no difference between traditional masculinity and non-traditional masculinity in regard to sexual attraction). Art reflects culture. At some point then we'd need to see a generation or two of non-traditional men being depicted on stage, screen and print as being equally sexually attractive as what has been historically depicted as an attractive man.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2019, 5:39 pm

Magna wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I hope that I will live to see the day that a man who enjoys reading, baking, and tending his garden will be considered as 'manly' as a man who enjoys drinking, gambling, and watching professional sports on TV.
I do too. I think it will happen eventually, but only after heterosexual women in general are truly as attracted to such men as they are to what has been traditionally masculine for eons (ie seeing no difference between traditional masculinity and non-traditional masculinity in regard to sexual attraction). Art reflects culture. At some point then we'd need to see a generation or two of non-traditional men being depicted on stage, screen and print as being equally sexually attractive as what has been historically depicted as an attractive man.
You may be only half right. Sure, it would be nice if all women everywhere accepted ordinary average guys who are not into "macho" interests in any way, but it would also make a world of difference if the "macho" men would not look down on and abuse the ordinary, average guys, as well.

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 7:00 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
I guess you were embarrassed for abandoning an argument you lost

Oh come on, nobody can be that stupid. You do realize that not everyone can and wants to check this discussion board every minute and answer all the replies the same instant, don't you? Because, you know, many people have other things to do? :)

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 2:34 pm

SJW’s come in all ages.
Broadcaster Warner Wolf arrested for damaging 'racist' sign

Quote:
Sportscaster Warner Wolf is facing a felony charge after police say he damaged a sign outside his Florida community because it included the word "Plantation," which he considers racist.

Collier County records show the 81-year-old Wolf surrendered Thursday on a felony criminal mischief charge and was released.
The sheriff's office says Wolf long complained about his community's name, Classics Plantation Estates.

Deputies say surveillance video shows Wolf removing the letters Nov. 30. They say he gave the letters to a security guard, telling him to pass them to the property manager. Damage is estimated at $1,100.

Wolf declined comment Saturday and his attorney didn't immediately return a call. Wolf announced baseball, football, and the Olympics for ABC in the 1970s and did sportscasts in Washington, D.C., and New York.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

JD12345
Toucan
Toucan

10 Feb 2019, 8:33 am

I can honestly say that I had no idea what the acronym 'SJW' stood for until at least a couple of years after I first came across it. It's also one of those terms that I'm pretty sure I've never seen or heard outside of the internet.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 3:38 pm

A cartoon shepherd's crook has no place in the modern world!

There Are Four Lights!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2019, 6:26 pm

Jennifer Lopez Passionately Rejects Grammy Motown Backlash Some viewers protested her performance to honor a black record label during Black History Month.

Quote:
Grammy Awards viewers heaped fresh criticism onto Jennifer Lopez for her prominent role in a Motown tribute at Sunday’s show. But Lopez fired back in a tearful explanation afterward.

“You can’t tell people what they can and can’t do — what they should sing or not sing,” Lopez told “Entertainment Tonight” in a Twitter clip, below.

Lopez, who had drawn criticism even before the awards show for being tabbed to celebrate a black record label during Black History Month, received additional online disapproval for her medley performance

People on Twitter weren’t having it.

An emotional Lopez, who’s of Puerto Rican descent, noted afterward that Motown Records founder Berry Gordy, who was in the audience, “was thrilled” to have her sing and was well aware of how much she’s been influenced by Motown songs.

“Any type of music can inspire any type of artist. ... You can’t tell people what to love,” she said. “You can’t tell people what they can and can’t do — what they should sing or not sing.”

The 78-year-old Robinson (“Tears of a Clown”) defended Lopez earlier, saying Motown songs were for any fan.

“I don’t think anyone who is intelligent is upset,” Robinson told Variety before the event. “I think anyone who is upset is stupid.”

Bolding mine

Smokey Robinson is not woke. Boooo(sarcasm)

I am glad these two uber talents told the SJW's where to stick it.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 10:06 pm

League_Girl wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Man, this was hilarious. Sadly this is the attitude I see online from SJWs. If I had a therapist like that, I would fire her before the session even ended and not pay her. She was also gaslighting in it. I know it was all acting. I watched another video by them and it had the same actors in it again except the therapist was playing the teacher and the patient was the immigrant student trying to learn American English and the teacher was trying to teach pronouns to all her students and they were all getting confused.

I have the same thoughts about the video. A therapist like that wouldn't be worth my time.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 10:54 pm

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 11:04 pm

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 1:50 am

CockneyRebel wrote:

That's not very nice Mr. Schultz, can't we all just get along?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 3:39 pm

AspE wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

That's not very nice Mr. Schultz, can't we all just get along?

I apologize. Let's all be Sweet Peas.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2019, 9:11 am

Darmok wrote:
A cartoon shepherd's crook has no place in the modern world!

You got PETA and SJWs mixed up. Try again.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2019, 11:24 am

Student in cowboy outfit causes racial angst at Wake Forest U.

The latest example of college students’ hyper-vigilance for anything remotely “racist” comes from Wake Forest University where complaints were made about a person’s cowboy outfit.

A photo of an “unidentified male” [dressed] in what appeared to be a “noose” at a campus Subway was uploaded to Snapchat where subsequent screenshots caused a furor around campus. The caption on the photo reads “Lmao whoever this dude is or if I find out who are ! I will strangle you with that f**king noose you piece of sh*t!! People at Wake bro, y’all playing with life fr.”

The Old Gold & Black reports someone ended up filing a Bias Incident Report (BIR). According to Chief Diversity Officer José Villalba, the “official” Bias Incident group concluded the person in the pic was “impersonating a cowboy wearing a Western-style shirt with part of an American flag on it and a lasso across his chest and shoulder.”

https://www.thecollegefix.com/student-i ... -forest-u/

:shaking2: :shaking: :shaking2: :shaking: :shaking2:

There Are Four Lights!

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2019, 3:16 am

There was no prejudice to campaign against so he burned down his home?

https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/25/lgbt-act ... n-8738779/

Some weird logic there. :?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2019, 8:46 am

81-Year-Old Man Wearing MAGA Hat Attacked in NJ Supermarket: Prosecutors

Quote:
An 81-year-old man was attacked in a New Jersey supermarket after someone confronted him about the MAGA hat he was wearing, prosecutors say.

The Franklin Township resident was shopping at a store on Elizabeth Avenue around 3:30 p.m. Monday when someone confronted him about the hat, Somerset County prosecutors said Tuesday.

The attack left the man with minor injuries, prosecutors said. He declined treatment at the scene, according to prosecutors.

Prosecutors didn’t immediately provide additional details about the attack or the suspect they’re searching for.
It wasn't immediately clear if the attack was caught on surveillance tape. The incident is under investigation.