Page 94 of 108 [ 1723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 108  Next

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2018, 7:21 pm

Furor over Nazi symbols in 'Sound of Music' play at NYC's elite 'Fame' performing arts high school

The hills are alive … with the sound of political correctness.

Nazi props were temporarily declared verboten in LaGuardia High School’s production of the Third Reich-set classic “The Sound of Music” prior to the show’s Thursday night opening.

The principal at the elite “Fame” school, Lisa Mars, ordered Nazi flags and symbols removed from the stage set of the beloved tale of the Von Trapp family, who fled the Nazis from their native Austria as Adolf Hitler took power, students told the Daily News.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ma ... story.html

There Are Four Lights!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2018, 9:14 am

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2018, 9:22 am

I think that it's freakin' hilarious that this right-wing fulminating has gone on for 101 pages.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2018, 12:44 am

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2018, 6:33 pm

Trans activists harass NYtimes just because they published an article about a girl being a tomboy. Some activists even want to hunt down the family too so they can talk to the child to convince her she is trans.

https://twitter.com/4th_WaveNow/status/ ... 4847850497

https://twitter.com/4th_WaveNow/status/ ... 2558164992

This is what SJW is folks. They bully and harass people and push their agenda on others.

Just because you are non gender conforming does not mean you are trans and these activists feel threatened by it. They don't care if the person feels comfortable with their own gender. This is SJW.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2018, 12:59 pm

There Are Four Lights!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2018, 2:42 pm

Darmok wrote:

While SJW’s are often selective in their sympathies and hatred the issue at hand goes way beyound SJW’s and identity politics.
As national Women's March leaders face claims of anti-Semitism, Chicago group says it won't host January march, citing costs
Quote:
Leaders of the national group Women’s March Inc. have come under fire for their slowness to condemn the rhetoric of Farrakhan, whose Chicago-based Nation of Islam is considered an anti-Semitic hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

In a February speech, Farrakhan praised Women’s March Inc. co-President Tamika Mallory and in the same address declared “the powerful Jews are my enemy.” The national organization denounced Farrakhan’s comments in March, but many criticized leaders for not speaking up sooner. Mallory has also praised Farrakhan on social media.

Co-founder of the national movement Teresa Shook in November called for national leaders to step down, after having “allowed anti-Semitism, anti-LBGTQIA sentiment and hateful, racist rhetoric to become a part of the platform by their refusal to separate themselves from groups that espouse these racist, hateful beliefs,” according to a social media post.

The president of a Women’s March chapter in Washington state earlier this month announced the group would be dissolving in protest. The Rhode Island chapter in May said it was separating from the national organization.

Anger over Farrakhan ties prompts calls for Women’s March leaders to resign
Quote:
Regional chapters, allies and some of the movement’s most visible supporters have turned their backs on the national group, saying they won’t rejoin until the four women at the helm denounce and cut ties with Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan.

Others, including Teresa Shook, a retired lawyer who launched the Women’s March two years ago with a single Facebook post, went a step further and called for the removal of national co-chairs Bob Bland, Tamika Mallory, Carmen Perez and Linda Sarsour.

Mallory and Sarsour have condemned anti-Semitism, homophobia and other forms of hatred but have not renounced Farrakhan himself.

In February, the controversy reignited after Mallory attended the Nation of Islam’s annual Saviours’ Day event in Chicago. While there, Farrakhan delivered an inflammatory keynote that included statements about “powerful Jews” he considered his enemies.

Mallory, whose presence at the event was chronicled on social media, later wrote that she has attended Saviours’ Day events since her childhood and attributed her participation, in part, to the support she received from the Nation of Islam after her father’s son was killed.

Three days later, actress and activist Alyssa Milano, a vocal leader of the #MeToo movement, announced that she would not participate in the 2019 Women’s March if Mallory or Sarsour continued to lead it.

Regional chapters, including the chapter in Denver, have lambasted the national organization. Angie Beem, president of the board for the Women’s March in Spokane, Wash., wrote on Facebook that her group has been calling for Mallory and Sarsour to resign for a year.

“Most of us state chapters are furious with them,” she wrote.

Women's March leader Linda Sarsour denies meeting Farrakhan despite speaking at 2015 rally
Quote:
“I for one, have NEVER EVER met the Minister but facts don’t matter and people want to throw the baby out with the bath water,” Ms. Sarsour said in a Saturday post on Facebook. “Discarding People is not how we transform hearts and eradicate antisemitism.”

As sharp-eyed social-media critics quickly pointed out, Ms. Sarsour spoke at Justice or Else, an October 2015 event at the National Mall organized by Mr. Farrakhan marking the 20th anniversary of the Million Man March.

Hopefully the women’s march chapters will be succussfull in getting rid of the infestation heading their movement.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2018, 3:14 pm

"Women's March" has ties to the "Nation of Islam"?

What next, "Greenpeace" sponsored by "Big Tobacco"?

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2018, 3:56 pm

Considering this is Linda "Islam is the most feminist religion" Sarsour, why is anyone surprised?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2018, 4:40 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
Considering this is Linda "Islam is the most feminist religion" Sarsour, why is anyone surprised?
Surprised, yes ... but I'm certainly not amazed ...

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2018, 12:01 pm

Fnord wrote:
Surprised, yes ... but I'm certainly not amazed ...

Well, friendship of Feminists and Islamists isn't something new at all. But yes, this is some Orwellian level doublethink.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2018, 5:12 pm

There Are Four Lights!

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2018, 6:00 am

Quote:
California organizers cancel Women's March due to 'overwhelmingly white' participants

https://krcrtv.com/north-coast-news/eur ... FGa4rurB0I

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2018, 8:56 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
Quote:
California organizers cancel Women's March due to 'overwhelmingly white' participants

https://krcrtv.com/north-coast-news/eur ... FGa4rurB0I

Protest marches are about size, not how multicultural they are.

I thought these marches were ret*d to begin with. This takes it to a whole new level. SJWs, everyone. You whites are just there to make up the numbers and take a back seat to the non-whites, just like BLM.

They should be very pleased to have overwhelmingly white women, because white women had more Trump voters than non-white women. That's the group you need to appeal to to effect change, this is extremely counterproductive.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2018, 6:28 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
While SJW’s are often selective in their sympathies and hatred the issue at hand goes way beyound SJW’s and identity politics.
As national Women's March leaders face claims of anti-Semitism, Chicago group says it won't host January march, citing costs
Anger over Farrakhan ties prompts calls for Women’s March leaders to resign
Quote:
Women's March leader Linda Sarsour denies meeting Farrakhan despite speaking at 2015 rally
Hopefully the women’s march chapters will be succussfull in getting rid of the infestation heading their movement.

LOL, these people are totally out of it:

My analysis of who is behind the campaign to fracture the Women’s March

I firmly believe Vladimir Putin is behind the campaign to tear apart the Women’s March.

Evidence is abundantly clear that the spike in anti-Semitism in our society is emanating not from the Women’s March, but from violent white supremacist men and their white women supporters, aided and abetted by Vladimir Putin and Republicans.

https://medium.com/@karenfleshman/why-i ... f73a1a2e3b

There Are Four Lights!

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2018, 6:55 pm

Darmok wrote:
Evidence is abundantly clear that the spike in anti-Semitism in our society is emanating not from the Women’s March, but from violent white supremacist men and their white women supporters, aided and abetted by Vladimir Putin and Republicans.

Definitely not from islamists. No way how Islam and anti-semitism can be connected. /s