Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Feb 2020, 4:47 pm

Do you have an idea for a dream, non-fiction political, philosophical, and/religious book you wish you could write but for whatever reason can't right now. What would it or they, if you have more than one, be?

I have two books I dream of writing, the first would be entitled Summa Mariologica, it would be the ultimate, multi-volume book on all things related to Our Lady. I can't write the Summa Mariologica because, my parents can't afford higher Catholic education. I'm stuck with secular higher education and thus, for the time being at least, can't get any degrees theology. I am aiming at getting an Associates of Arts degree in history though, so maybe I could do an historical book on the history of Our Lady and devotion to Her.

The second book I dream of writing, would be entitled The Right Side of Eternity: The case for Christian Civilization, not "Western Civilization". This one is much more likely to become a reality since, as mentioned above, I'm currently enrolled in secular university, and you don't necessarily need to have a degree theology to write this one. The title of this one pretty much says it all, sorry Right-Wingers, "Western Civilization" ain't enough!

So are your dream books, you wish you could write?

Don't bother with me, I'm just a narrow-minded bigot who does nothing but "proselytize" not because I actually love the Faith, because no one loves the Faith, we're just "using it to justify our bigotry." If you see any thread by me on here that isn't "proselytizing," I can't explain that because that's obviously impossible; because again, all I've ever done on here is "proselytize."

WP is the 2nd worst forum site I have ever been on.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2020, 6:08 pm

"An Interview with Jesus: A Factual Account"

In which He personally clears up all misunderstandings about Him, His teachings, His life (and afterlife), His relationships (parentage, friends, relatives, followers, enemies, et cetera), and His mission here on Earth.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2020, 6:26 pm

An accurate biography of Emily Jane Brontë not based on supposition, or Charlotte's letters.

It would conclude with the fair copy of her second manuscript novel.

I would keep the biography private, and not sell her out to the world.

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Feb 2020, 9:19 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
An accurate biography of Emily Jane Brontë not based on supposition, or Charlotte's letters.

It would conclude with the fair copy of her second manuscript novel.

I would keep the biography private, and not sell her out to the world.

Interesting, who’s Emily Jane Brontë, and what is the supposition surrounding her and Charlotte’s letters?

Don't bother with me, I'm just a narrow-minded bigot who does nothing but "proselytize" not because I actually love the Faith, because no one loves the Faith, we're just "using it to justify our bigotry." If you see any thread by me on here that isn't "proselytizing," I can't explain that because that's obviously impossible; because again, all I've ever done on here is "proselytize."

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2020, 9:22 pm

A specific book relating to model railways, and possibly a specific book relating to bicycles.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2020, 2:31 am

I have a dream book in the realm of the theological. I would write it for my fellow Missouri Synod Lutherans, defending doctrinal positions but making a case for concepts such as evolution, the geological age of the earth, and the support of LGBT rights as both constitutional and human rights.
Plenty of my fellow members of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod do agree with those stated positions as I do, but an exact opposite view has dictated church policies for those concerns.

Last edited by Kraichgauer on 05 Feb 2020, 5:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2020, 5:16 am

I'm working on it, actually.

It's about a civil war in a fantasy early-modern setting, largely focused on how the events unfolding impacts average people making their livelihoods in the setting. Because there's been lots of issues all reaching a boiling point, once the conflict between parliament and the king-elect turns violent, there's no simple or straight forward solution so it's kind of a dismal, depressing story, much like history. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Feb 2020, 9:23 am

"Unpublished side of Soviet space program"

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2020, 11:00 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUdhaDCvPWY

SMiLes; Long ago i stopped
Reasoning Words to Page;
i Let all That Go and the
Words Just Flow back to me;
but here's 'the thing'; it is the
Essence of the Writing that is
the Dream; the Flow; the Essence of Being Free;
It's Like A Most Magnificent Nautilus Shell With
Every Chamber
Adding simply
Fumes of Soul;
A Fossil Record For Bliss Now;
And True at 7.7 Million Words
in 77 Months Of Effort Along with
12,600 Miles of Public Dance THAT
Is Indeed Poetry of Spiraling Feat;
Words And Steps Dance And
Sing; Yes, Just another
part of That Long
Form Poem
This
Bible
Poem the Longest
in the HiStory and HerStory
of HumanKind Continues to come to Page Free;
Meh, i'm way too Kind to Trees to Put it to 'Solid Book';
And Over 100,000 Photos i took to Fully Illustrate it
With over 10,000 YouTube Theme Songs to
Accompany all the Words For Mood
Will Never Fit in any Book Less
Than a WordPress Blog
that allows a
Terabyte
of Storage to hold it all;
or Google BlogSpot Blogs as
there are no limits there except
for one MacroVerse that is 338,600 words;
And Several Others That Were Just too Long to fit in;
And Yeah; No, i don't Leave Home Without the Proof i do this;
As When i sit on a 'Forrest Gump Bench' at 'a Bus Stop' i Bring my
SmART
Phone
Just in
Case someone
Cannot believe it's Humanly Possible; yes, linked
below Just one Chapter, 338,600 Words of 7.7 MiLLioN;
Other Tidbits included like over 2000 Smiling Photos
of Dance Partners, 4 Decades or so my Junior and sure;
Yes, Leg Pressing 1340 Pounds at 90 Degrees by YouTube
Record at close to 60 Years-Old Now with a Max of 1520 Pounds at 8 reps.
It's worth noting all i do is
one word and one step
now continually
In Heaven
within;
the Flow
That Brings
the Fumes of
What Lives within Alive (God);
i for one am not a Dreamer; i'm a Doer Now.
And as Far as Characters Like 'JeSuS' Goes This
Is "John 14:12" Territory FOR REAL at Least according to Older Stories/Myths/Truths.
Sure; I'm Just a "Super Tramp" too; Empty Pockets of Money the Whole Way NO MONEY
EVER TO BE MADE
for
me
at least;
As i only Do
Heaven's Bliss NOW.

https://katiemiafrederick.com/2016/04/2 ... rsenovel3/

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2020, 11:09 am

Atlas Goes Bowling: Everything Wrong With Ayn Rand's Philosophies.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

pyrrhicwren
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2020, 11:17 am

3d architectural blueprints
Translations of certain books into obscure languages
Book on world alphabets / extinct and current

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2020, 12:41 pm

A truly well written book that will make even the dumbest, slowest deniers understand the sixth mass extinction and make everyone care and take care of the environment and endangered species as well as naturally cull our numbers (birth control that is).

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Feb 2020, 3:51 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

It's about a civil war in a fantasy early-modern setting, largely focused on how the events unfolding impacts average people making their livelihoods in the setting. Because there's been lots of issues all reaching a boiling point, once the conflict between parliament and the king-elect turns violent, there's no simple or straight forward solution so it's kind of a dismal, depressing story, much like history. :nerdy:

Interesting, I'm also writing a books series, set in the near future, which is quite similar; it follows a family who tries to cope with the great turmoils they're facing in their time, (along with, at at least one point, shadows from their troubled past.) while trying to live their daily lives. It also overlaps with another books series I'm working on, which gives more of a bird's eye view of what's happening in the world.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2020, 5:26 pm

Greatshield17 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Interesting, I'm also writing a books series, set in the near future, which is quite similar; it follows a family who tries to cope with the great turmoils they're facing in their time, (along with, at at least one point, shadows from their troubled past.) while trying to live their daily lives. It also overlaps with another books series I'm working on, which gives more of a bird's eye view of what's happening in the world.

An idea I've been playing with, is to, instead of making in a series of novels is to not make anything longer than a novella, and to clump related and contemporary stories together, but also offer supplemental material that makes the story broader and deeper and basically allow readers the ability to choose how they want the story to be fleshed out.

Deeply fleshed out fantasy stories often tend to seem somewhat unfocused with all the world-building and background or slowly introduced characters. Further, sometimes an audience will find some aspects really boring or draining to deal with, and instead only like part of a work - especially if it's something where parts fall into different genres. Basically the idea is to let people choose how much and what parts they interact with, so that it's somewhat of a choose your own story, but where they don't control outcomes and how the story develops, instead it's more just control over perspective.

The other thing I'm considering is releasing it more as a series of narrated and animated videos. Not a cartoon series (although that would be awesome), but more like the history videos you might encounter on different platforms. Say for example, if a battle unfolds it might have a few PoV character chapters as they experience it (with maybe the odd illustration), but also possibly a brief 'documentary' style chapter to show how the event unfolded in a more objective way.

For what it's worth, I've got a handful of families and a few other individuals to follow. Some of them are mundane, a few are power-brokers or their servants. Since a lot of the tensions exist along ethnic, caste and class lines, I need to have people from a bunch of backgrounds to show how that matters. Instead of typical fantasy evil, I've tried to make economic and social issues the main motivators, as well as making them at least somewhat relatable instead of being too wonkish. Lack of social mobility and wide swathes of society fearing falling behind economically seem fairly relatable, they're further compounded along ethnic lines. Theedish folk are starting to fall into 'debt-thralldom' whereas historically only very few Theeds were thralls. The Waulish folk face suppression of their language and customs, combined with largely being shut-out of power structures and denied the right to own more than personal parcels of land. It's more complicated than that, but that's the general trend. There's a lot of bold-faced denial of this from Theedish people, basically a steady and constant gas-lighting of matters related to this. Since the society is heavily integrated in cities (no records of ethnic identity, everyone's a børger) and much less so in the rural areas (most of the realm) it's a matter that people feel strongly about but don't break into coherent blocs over the idea is that it becomes an endless clusterf**k of conflict that keeps influencing the more easily understood and factionalized 'main' civil war. Parliament manages to masterfully use those tensions to their benefit until it blows up in their face. Parliament is also split between republicans and we'd just prefer someone else as king and since you didn't get enough votes officially, kindly stop insisting you're king with the more radical of the republicans steadily accruing more power; when the radical republicans push most of their agenda through it leads to them having to ally with other radical factions in order to resist the reactionaries when they finally decide things have gone too far.

Would you believe the Yugoslav Wars of the '90s were one of the inspirations? :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ElabR8Aspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Feb 2020, 5:48 pm

Diseases,addictions and mental disorders,are self made.

I'd like to write a book on addictions and mental disorders.

And how returning to spirit and love and feeling again(not living in your head)can cure these and all diseases.

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Feb 2020, 1:13 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

An idea I've been playing with, is to, instead of making in a series of novels is to not make anything longer than a novella, and to clump related and contemporary stories together, but also offer supplemental material that makes the story broader and deeper and basically allow readers the ability to choose how they want the story to be fleshed out.

Deeply fleshed out fantasy stories often tend to seem somewhat unfocused with all the world-building and background or slowly introduced characters. Further, sometimes an audience will find some aspects really boring or draining to deal with, and instead only like part of a work - especially if it's something where parts fall into different genres. Basically the idea is to let people choose how much and what parts they interact with, so that it's somewhat of a choose your own story, but where they don't control outcomes and how the story develops, instead it's more just control over perspective.

The other thing I'm considering is releasing it more as a series of narrated and animated videos. Not a cartoon series (although that would be awesome), but more like the history videos you might encounter on different platforms. Say for example, if a battle unfolds it might have a few PoV character chapters as they experience it (with maybe the odd illustration), but also possibly a brief 'documentary' style chapter to show how the event unfolded in a more objective way.

For what it's worth, I've got a handful of families and a few other individuals to follow. Some of them are mundane, a few are power-brokers or their servants. Since a lot of the tensions exist along ethnic, caste and class lines, I need to have people from a bunch of backgrounds to show how that matters. Instead of typical fantasy evil, I've tried to make economic and social issues the main motivators, as well as making them at least somewhat relatable instead of being too wonkish. Lack of social mobility and wide swathes of society fearing falling behind economically seem fairly relatable, they're further compounded along ethnic lines. Theedish folk are starting to fall into 'debt-thralldom' whereas historically only very few Theeds were thralls. The Waulish folk face suppression of their language and customs, combined with largely being shut-out of power structures and denied the right to own more than personal parcels of land. It's more complicated than that, but that's the general trend. There's a lot of bold-faced denial of this from Theedish people, basically a steady and constant gas-lighting of matters related to this. Since the society is heavily integrated in cities (no records of ethnic identity, everyone's a børger) and much less so in the rural areas (most of the realm) it's a matter that people feel strongly about but don't break into coherent blocs over the idea is that it becomes an endless clusterf**k of conflict that keeps influencing the more easily understood and factionalized 'main' civil war. Parliament manages to masterfully use those tensions to their benefit until it blows up in their face. Parliament is also split between republicans and we'd just prefer someone else as king and since you didn't get enough votes officially, kindly stop insisting you're king with the more radical of the republicans steadily accruing more power; when the radical republicans push most of their agenda through it leads to them having to ally with other radical factions in order to resist the reactionaries when they finally decide things have gone too far.

Would you believe the Yugoslav Wars of the '90s were one of the inspirations? :nerdy:

Interesting ideas, I kind of slightly got into that idea of separating aspects of my own fantasy world. (another literary work I'm working on) I've separated my fantasy world into trilogies, where each trilogy focus on a certain nation or people and whatever crisis they face. So far I only have two, and only one is really well developed, the first one focuses on Inhabía, an Iberian-like Kingdom, and the other focus on a nation of Eastlanders, (I haven't even got a name for them yet.) whom, as a whole resemble a Slavic people. As I was developing my work, I came up with my own made-up nation called Sshieglikan, which is a semi-feudal tribal society, and came up with another side-series that follows a young chieftain who, through the various quests he finds himself in, ends up uniting the tribes of Sshieglikan and becoming its first king.