Who should be the next President of the United States?

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Chris
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Jan 2005, 11:12 pm

3 years from now, Bush's final term will be over(thank goodness), and the U.S. will need a new president. Who should it be? Some people want to amend the constitution to allow Bush to serve indefinitely! Do we really want that?

Who do you think? Post your opinions here.

:star:

Dan
Raven
Raven

28 Jan 2005, 1:34 am

Chris wrote:
3 years from now, Bush's final term will be over(thank goodness), and the U.S. will need a new president. Who should it be?

I think John McCain would be a good choice.

Chris wrote:
Some people want to amend the constitution to allow Bush to serve indefinitely! Do we really want that?

I don't.

Tekneek
Toucan
Toucan

28 Jan 2005, 6:39 am

This story about repealing the Presidential term limits came around during Clinton's second term. A few extremists (or comedians) may have brought it up, but I doubt few people really consider it a good idea.

No doubt the President will be a Democrat or Republican, which means it will leave a lot to be desired.

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2005, 9:01 pm

Let's face it, your next president will always be (yet another) white, male, middle-class, vacuous empty suit, manipulated from the shadows by powerful and sinister dark forces - at least until you get something that remotely resembles a democratic political system in place over there, anyway......

alex
Developer
Developer

28 Jan 2005, 9:08 pm

stevie_hardy wrote:
Let's face it, your next president will always be (yet another) white, male, middle-class, vacuous empty suit, manipulated from the shadows by powerful and sinister dark forces - at least until you get something that remotely resembles a democratic political system in place over there, anyway......

Ii don't think the problem is lack of a real democracy. After all, the majority of people in the US actually voted for bush.

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2005, 9:16 pm

alex wrote:
stevie_hardy wrote:

Ii don't think the problem is lack of a real democracy. After all, the majority of people in the US actually voted for bush.

Actually, I think it was only about a quarter of the US people who voted for Bush, given that half of your electorate doesn't bother voting at all.... A quarter of the eligible voting population doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement to me, unfortunately.....

Last edited by TAFKASH on 31 Jan 2005, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Archmage
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2005, 11:34 pm

Chris wrote:
Who should it be? Some people want to amend the constitution to allow Bush to serve indefinitely! Do we really want that?

Hell, no! I don't like Bush at all! if he was allowed to serve indefinitely, that would be a sad day for america.

we will make it through,
Here we are, like a star,
shining bright on the world,
Today... Make evil go away!

"Code Lyoko" Theme

JayShaw
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Jan 2005, 8:13 pm

Quote:
Let's face it, your next president will always be (yet another) white, male, middle-class, vacuous empty suit, manipulated from the shadows by powerful and sinister dark forces

I disagree. Our next president is far more likely to be rich than a member of the middle class. Heh.

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2005, 8:18 pm

JayShaw wrote:
Quote:
Let's face it, your next president will always be (yet another) white, male, middle-class, vacuous empty suit, manipulated from the shadows by powerful and sinister dark forces

I disagree. Our next president is far more likely to be rich than a member of the middle class. Heh.

:D :wink:

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2005, 10:40 pm

TAFKASH wrote:

As a future old, white, upper class establishment type male, I'd like to say the stereotypes about us are all wrong. Sure, it may be true that we rich people control the economy through our hold on wealth and our positions in America's corporations, but it's a tough life. Sometimes being chauffeured to and fro, jetting off to some exotic land, and holding soirées at our mansions gets, well, boring. That's why we rich people have a game we like to play, and guess what: You people get to be the pieces in our game! When you lose a job because of the vascillations in the economy we create, we suffer with you: During the last recession, I had to forego one of my bimonthly trips to the Swiss Alps!

How did you like that popularity contest we had in November? Yeah, yeah, it was a "real" political campaign about "real" issues. Please, our talking heads threw you turbid masses a few bones and you fought over them for months! Karl Rove played the gay marriage issue like a fine fiddle, and the hicks sang along with God's name on their naive lips!

But don't worry, my fellow Americans. Your democracy is in good hands with the people who rightfully ought to be governing. Now where did my crème brûlée go?

cornince
Raven
Raven

25 Feb 2005, 12:13 pm

Quote:

How about no-one?

Last edited by cornince on 25 Feb 2005, 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cornince
Raven
Raven

25 Feb 2005, 12:14 pm

Aah, the good old Federal Reserve, probably the world's most powerful set of organizations.

NeantHumain wrote:
TAFKASH wrote:

As a future old, white, upper class establishment type male, I'd like to say the stereotypes about us are all wrong. Sure, it may be true that we rich people control the economy through our hold on wealth and our positions in America's corporations, but it's a tough life. Sometimes being chauffeured to and fro, jetting off to some exotic land, and holding soirées at our mansions gets, well, boring. That's why we rich people have a game we like to play, and guess what: You people get to be the pieces in our game! When you lose a job because of the vascillations in the economy we create, we suffer with you: During the last recession, I had to forego one of my bimonthly trips to the Swiss Alps!

How did you like that popularity contest we had in November? Yeah, yeah, it was a "real" political campaign about "real" issues. Please, our talking heads threw you turbid masses a few bones and you fought over them for months! Karl Rove played the gay marriage issue like a fine fiddle, and the hicks sang along with God's name on their naive lips!

But don't worry, my fellow Americans. Your democracy is in good hands with the people who rightfully ought to be governing. Now where did my crème brûlée go?

car_crash
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Feb 2005, 7:44 pm

cornince wrote:
Quote:

How about no-one?

i agree.

but if i had to choose some form of authority then last time i liked dennis kucinich best. he'd be a good president i think. good as in his foreign policy wouldnt involve anyone being clubbed to death like a baby seal. all the other candidates in the race were pro-clubbing as far as i could work out :?

CatGuy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Feb 2005, 12:11 am

OBAMA '08!! !!

Mithrandir
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2005, 2:56 am

TAFKASH wrote:

That is if you are excluding Hillary Clinton from the presidential candidacy.
If I live in US, I would vote for her.

I would like to see her run and see what happens. The democrats need some upbringing from religious republican stampede.

axelkat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2005, 11:42 am

I think we should put an oppressed man in office. Im sick of all the dumbas* crackers ruining the world with our tax dollars
A