World War Three 22%  22%  [ 6 ]
both at around the same time 22%  22%  [ 6 ]
no such wars will start 41%  41%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 27

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 5:09 am

Maybe my pessimism and cynicism are affecting my judgment, but I can't shake the feeling that people (both here in the USA and abroad) have become too divisive for me. With all this tension amongst different factions of society, I expect a full-on war to break out fairly soon, and something tells me that I'm not the only one with this mindset. Discuss your thoughts on the matter below.

gingerpickles
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 7:44 am

I sadly think both will happen in next 50 years unless some major relief to the middle class and uplifting the poor (not handouts... govt should create fake jobs and pay them for "earnings". Much better use of our tax dolllars.

And the divisive affirmative action politics need to be replaced with actual equality. If you qualify, you earn your niche.
If you are lazy fuktard or in sad position of mot being well educated..... see the above suggestion about employment.

have them make doodads, plant forests, renovate Detroit after bulldozing it flat....

Which first... some civil wars/revolutions in various countried that are at social breaking point because misintended consequence of policy

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 8:56 am

Gloom! Doom! Disaster! Famine! Plague! Everybody Panic!

:roll: No thanks ... maybe some other time ...

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 9:12 am

Fnord, is your avatar like a mini Boo? I can't see what the heck it is. I liked Cape Guy.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if the Apocalypse happened tomorrow. :mrgreen:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 9:25 am

People have been prophesizing the start of World War III since the end of World War II.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 12:48 pm

And then they found that only mutual annihilation keeps the US and Russia at bay, and founded the EU to stabilize europe.
The rest of the world was defenseless and therefore fair game.

Now the EU is slowly imploding into nationalism, again, and the part of the world that used to be fair game has figured out a way to defend themselves.

WW3 will only happen if the US decide it must, and it'll likely be between the 1st and 3rd World, while 2nd will try to expand its borders.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 1:45 pm

shlaifu wrote:
And then they found that only mutual annihilation keeps the US and Russia at bay, and founded the EU to stabilize europe.
The rest of the world was defenseless and therefore fair game.

Now the EU is slowly imploding into nationalism, again, and the part of the world that used to be fair game has figured out a way to defend themselves.

WW3 will only happen if the US decide it must, and it'll likely be between the 1st and 3rd World, while 2nd will try to expand its borders.

I think the present level of war is just what the present profiteers like and have arranged. The U.S. (and other countries) can spend billions (probably trillions) on war spending to the delight of those corporations that will later hire those generals and congressmen and congresswomen as "consultants" at sky-high compensation. They'll just move the conflict around the 3rd world.

Politicians may be stupid but they don't want anyone sticking a gun up.....(well you get it). And besides that, having a war against big countries that might hit back is just not good for business.

And we'll see an increase in ISIS events...maybe even add some new terrorist organizations to the list.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 5:10 pm

Civil war in the USA is a silly prediction.

If by a "world war" you mean the major powers escalating from just sponsoring proxies to fight other proxies to: directly fighting each other then thats not impossible. There are flashpoints like the Ukraine between the Russian Republic and the NATO alliance that one could imagine escalating into direct fighting between Russia and NATO. But just because its imaginable doesnt mean its inevitable, or even likely.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2016, 12:44 am

WW III seems more plausable with more flashpoints, psychopathic leaders and reliance on software.

As for the USA a gradual slide into anarchy seems a lot more likely then civil war

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2016, 1:18 am

I went with WWIII, because I think we're already fighting it. The west and its allies are already fighting organised terrorism globally.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2016, 10:31 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I went with WWIII, because I think we're already fighting it. The west and its allies are already fighting organised terrorism globally.

The war has been on for some time. The dar al Sala'am vs the dar al Harb (that is us). The domain of Peace versus the domain of the Sword. Islam is more like The Domain of the Car Bomb.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2016, 10:31 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

The war has been on for some time. The dar al Sala'am vs the dar al Harb (that is us). The domain of Peace versus the domain of the Sword. Islam is more like The Domain of the Car Bomb.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

09 Jul 2016, 9:38 pm

I see the **** hitting the fan sometime in my lifetime but so has everyone else in history but then again the **** has hit the fan more than a few times in the past so we seem due.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2016, 9:50 pm

If you mean we're using ISIS in syria to attempt to weaken Putin in the region you're on the right path regarding possible confrontation with actual threats to the west, ISIS is rancid but it's not going to bring a first world country down, they won't get far enough to actually mount anything of significance over here.

How does that quote go, something like world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones if world war 3 ever actually happens, all it takes is one superpower to believe nukes are a valid option and then it escalates and we get a merry kaboom firework show to watch until we get obliterated or breathe in the pretty radioactive dust.

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 4:22 am

While admittedly I don't read minor news about other countries, it seems to me we have more internal problems in the US then others have external. So I expect another civil war more than another world war.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 4:31 am

god help us.