Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2016, 12:34 am

Ted Cruz Stirs Republican Fury in Pointed Snub of Donald Trump

The Donald Trump Camp reportedly orchestrated boos

No way Cruz could endorse him and have any self respect after the campaign go so personal and involved Cruz's family. The two spoke two days before and the Trump campaign had the speech and let him give it anyway. Even before the speech is over Trump enters the arena not accident in my view. The delegates yell and scream at Cruz and his wife leaving and afterwoods from most every corner of the party Cruz is bitterly criticized for not adhearing to the pledge all 17 made at the first debate to endorse the eventual nominee. Everybody is reminded of why Cruz is most hated man in Congress. Trump gets his main goal of a unified convention and party. The stay awayers who looked principled or just people to ignore before Cruz spoke are now viewed within the party as pledge breaking traitors.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

luan78zao
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jul 2016, 1:32 am

That was the opening salvo of the campaign for Cruz in '20.

It was a clever approach. He congratulated Trump on his nomination, and urged Republicans to vote their conscience, to vote for candidates up ticket and down who would fight for freedom and the Constitution. Those screaming that this wasn't an endorsement of Trump are admitting that Trump doesn't stand for GOP values, freedom, or the Constitution.

Like Reagan in '76, Cruz is presenting himself as the clear choice to lead the party in a new direction after the nominee crashes and burns.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission – which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." – Ayn Rand

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2016, 2:09 am

luan78zao wrote:
That was the opening salvo of the campaign for Cruz in '20.

It was a clever approach. He congratulated Trump on his nomination, and urged Republicans to vote their conscience, to vote for candidates up ticket and down who would fight for freedom and the Constitution. Those screaming that this wasn't an endorsement of Trump are admitting that Trump doesn't stand for GOP values, freedom, or the Constitution.

Like Reagan in '76, Cruz is presenting himself as the clear choice to lead the party in a new direction after the nominee crashes and burns.

Reagan and Cruz are two completely different people, Reagan was liked

And the above was very different from what happened last night. This is not 1976, it is all about zero sum game, no compromise and the other side is the enemy not the opposition. Reagan's thou shall not speak ill of other Republicans mantra is inconcievable today. If Trump loses big or wins and his presidency is a disaster the party will fracture into another free for all.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Jul 2016, 2:24 am

Cruz is a rat and a snake and always has been, those that abandon us now should not count on our support 4 years from now or whenever they might ask. All these Republican candidates that haven't honored the simple pledge that they all signed should be ashamed of themselves, why would any Republican or any voter ever trust you ever again if you can't even keep your word on that? We're suppose to believe you'll uphold the constitution when you won't even uphold pledge you signed? Guess that's why they call him LYIN' TED! You talk all this stuff about how much you care about the party then you abandon its nominee because you're a sore loser? It should be expected with Cruz as this his been his M.O. since day one to be a climber and a backstabber to anybody foolish enough to allow him patronage. The **** eating grin Cruz had the entire time he gave that speech was infuriating, how can anybody like this ghoul of a man? Ted Cruz will never be president and thank god for that.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2016, 8:22 am

Frankly, I don't care for Cruz....or for Trump.

I hope they continue their inflighting---so someone else other than Trump will win!

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2016, 8:25 am

Cruz is an idiot plain and simple. This is the same moron who went on a 20+ hour filibuster rant against the ACA against the advice of the Republicans in power at the time all in a blatant attempt to appear to be the "man that upholds the conservatives' values" for his presidential bid. It highlights one of the main issues the GOP has: They've become too big and too fractious to have any real solidarity. In their single minded attempt to be THE conservative party the GOP has attempted to assimilate and bunch of different conservative groups with wildly different priorities and agendas. This is in turn has led to the party being unable to come up with a decent party platform let alone being able to come up decent candidates.

The second major issue plaguing the party is its insistence in running head first into the most obvious roadblocks towards general acceptance. Support by well known bigoted persons and organizations? Check. A pathological need to support corporations over employees in an idiotic attempt to worship at the broken altar of Reaganomics? Check. An obvious attempt to govern according to Christian values in a country built on the idea of separation of church and state? Check. And the list goes on and on. While there are good and decent people in the party, the ones running the show have presented this image of the GOP as a bunch of troglodytes or bungling Saturday morning cartoon villains. How can your candidate come across as likable when they represent the political equivalent of Skeletor?

This of course doesn't mean the Democratic Party is any better, but that's a rant for another thread.

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2016, 8:27 am

I like "Christian values" on the face of it. I'm an atheist whose mother is Jewish.

But the people preaching "Christian values" tend to be hypocritical, and to not practice what they preach.

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2016, 8:42 am

The problem is the Christian values they talk about supporting are usually the most limiting ones that favor the more fanatical bigoted groups within the party.

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2016, 8:43 am

I agree....there's an undercurrent of a forceful sort of conformity within the framework of "Christian values."

DinoMongoosePenguin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Jul 2016, 11:14 am

Actually, all three (Cruz, Kasich, and Trump) walked back their promise to automatically support the nominee a good while ago. Trump has even been wishy washy on if he'd run third party if he lost.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2016, 11:43 am

At least he had the balls to show up, I like someone's comment on youtube ''he just slit his political throat'' lol.