Anyone still believes Putin isn't tampering US elections?

Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 2:12 pm

Trump can, obviously, never be subtle... and encouraging Putin to hack into his rival is kind of a giveaway, right? I'd like to see the logs directly, but apparently some think the Russians didn't even try to mask themselves in any way. One would think, having the resources of a gangster state behind you, one would know about proxies and subtlety... but, of course not. Putin surely has more subtlety than his partner, but with Trump's mouth now and technical evidence it's only a matter of time until it's surely confirmed... I mean, Stuxnet was discovered, but only after specific investigation... and so, will people support Putin's tampering?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 2:20 pm

I wish Trump would stop his dalliance with Putin. I mean that sincerely.

It's probable that Russia's trying to hack into our systems. It's pretty probable that other countries are also doing this. And we are also doing this to other countries.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 2:23 pm

There's no doubt the Russians hacked the servers, that's been verified by three independent security firms, and Yahoo itself. The motivations and connections, however, are unclear. I'm not a Trump fan, obviously, but unless there's tangible proof his campaign was involved then one should stay silent, lest they embarrass themself. This is the type of investigation that needs to be undertaken by the FBI or CIA, but not during the election where it could (and would) be politicized.

I am, however, concerned at Trump's encouraging outside states to hack U.S. servers-- that is exceptionally dangerous, as well as short sighted (hurt long term national security for possible short term political gain).

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 2:47 pm

It wouldn't surprise me. Putin is desperate to avoid the armed conflict that America/NATO is trying to provoke. While Trump can't come outright and say what Mr Putin would like to hear (that would likely be political suicide in a country still hungover from the Cold war and a population psychologically primed against Russia), there have been hints here and there that Trump is not in that mindset. Does he think Trump is the answer? I don't know, it's more likely he's thinking #anyonebuthillary.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 2:54 pm

It wouldn't surprise me at all, and the hack is most certainly verified to be Russian at any rate.
Would that concern a solid candidate? We will see.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

27 Jul 2016, 3:49 pm

There is no proof that it was the Russians, they said the Sony hacks were from North Korea until we found out that was complete BS. 'Independent security firms' said the same thing about Sony, how would they know? What is that based on? Who was this Guccifer hacker? Was he a Russian agent? Naw, he was some random dude from Romania. Wikileaks released these emails, what they says speaks for themselves. Corruption should be exposed by any means, incompetence on their part is not Russia interfering in the election.

Are you guys on the execute Julian Assange and Edward Snowden train now? What a joke!

Lets pray that Trump wins and fixes our relationship with Russia, that is the best thing that could ever happen.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 4:00 pm

It probably is not legally treason as we are not in a war with Russia by in my view what Trump did was morally treason. We put Jonathan Pollard in prison for decades for stealing information from us for an ally. How is advocating a competitor steal information from us morally better?

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 4:10 pm

Trump isn't encouraging anything, if there was a hack it already happened a long time ago. Wikileaks is not the Russian government, if you believe junk like that then perhaps you should start voting for people like John McCain who want to start WWIII. If Hillary has nothing to hide then why would she be afraid of the prospect of her personal emails being exposed? She said she turned over all work related emails, that there was nothing that could jeopardize national security, you're trying to compare releasing that information with treason? Give me a break! Hillary has no one to blame but herself, didn't cover her tracks well enough! There has been rumblings about a potential ongoing investigation into the Clinton Foundation for awhile, perhaps these emails can force their hand because I have feeling what they might show.

Release the emails, whoever it is! Nothing to hide, nothing to fear! :mrgreen:

I don't think you guys would be crying about these imaginary Russian hackers if they had released information about Trump or some other Republican, hypocrites!

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 4:27 pm

Jacoby wrote:
There is no proof that it was the Russians

Here's some facts (I know you're immune to them, but they are what they are):

wired wrote:
A Brief History of a Hack
News of the hack of the Democratic National Committee first broke in mid-June. That’s when Crowdstrike, a firm that analyzes threats to network security, revealed that the DNC had called it in to inspect the party’s servers, where it found “two separate Russian intelligence-affiliated adversaries present in the DNC network.” Crowdstrike released a comprehensive report of its findings on June 14, which accompanied a Washington Post article detailing the attacks. One of the hacking groups, Crowdstrike found, had access to the DNC servers for almost a year.

-------------

The following week, two cybersecurity firms, Fidelis Cybersecurity and Mandiant, independently corroborated Crowdstrike’s assessment that Russian hackers infiltrated DNC networks, having found that the two groups that hacked into the DNC used malware and methods identical to those used in other attacks attributed to the same Russian hacking groups.

Link to full article.

Michael Isikoff via Yahoo News wrote:
A Yahoo spokesman said the pop-up warning to Chalupa “appears to be one of our notifications” and said it was consistent with a new policy announced by Yahoo on its Tumblr page last December to notify customers when it has strong evidence of “state sponsored” cyberattacks. “Rest assured we only send these notifications of suspected attacks by state-sponsored actors when we have a high degree of confidence,” wrote Bob Lord, the company’s Chief Information Security Officer, in the Tumblr post.

Link to full article.

So, as you can see, the claim of Russian involvement was 6 weeks ago, well before this thing turned into a story. It was verified by one outside agency, who also hired two other independent agencies to double-check the work and concluded the same. A private Yahoo account of a DNC member was also hacked in the same attack, and Yahoo itself verified it was a "state sponsored" attack. It was Russian spy agencies, end of story. Motivations, however, are yet to be clear.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 4:36 pm

CrowdStrike were also the firm that linked North Korea to the Sony hacks they didn't do.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 4:40 pm

Jacoby wrote:
I don't think you guys would be crying about these imaginary Russian hackers if they had released information about Trump or some other Republican, hypocrites!

No, I would be equally as concerned, because this isn't politics: this is a foreign nation state hacking into U.S. servers, which is an intelligence/law enforcement issue.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 4:49 pm

I suppose this is good reason why private servers shouldn't be used for sensitive information, Hillary should of thought better when she decided to have her own unsecured private server.

This CrowdStrike firm seems to specialize in throwing accusation of 'cyber terrorism' around, they probably have gotten a lot of government money because of it. The Sony hack was an inside job but they accused the North Korea of doing ir 'within 48 hours', what a coincidence they are baselessly accusing Russia in that time frame too!

ISIS isn't our enemy the DNC says but at the same time BUT WHAT ABOUT THOSE GOD DAMNED RUSSIANS!?!?!?! It's a joke!

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 5:16 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
It probably is not legally treason as we are not in a war with Russia by in my view what Trump did was morally treason. We put Jonathan Pollard in prison for decades for stealing information from us for an ally. How is advocating a competitor steal information from us morally better?

It wouldn't be better. It's a good thing that's not what happened.

"They probably have her 33,000 e-mails. I hope they do. They probably have her 33,000 e-mails that she lost and deleted because you'd see some beauties there. So let's see,"

"Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press."

The reality is that he opined Russia already has the 33,000 emails that Hillary Clinton erased so the FBI couldn't see them. He then said the U.S. media would probably "reward" Russia for disclosing them. Every bit of that is probably true.

What he did NOT say is that Russia should continue hacking U.S. politicians.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 5:19 pm

Bataar wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

It wouldn't be better. It's a good thing that's not what happened.

"They probably have her 33,000 e-mails. I hope they do. They probably have her 33,000 e-mails that she lost and deleted because you'd see some beauties there. So let's see,"

"Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press."

The reality is that he opined Russia already has the 33,000 emails that Hillary Clinton erased so the FBI couldn't see them. He then said the U.S. media would probably "reward" Russia for disclosing them. Every bit of that is probably true.

What he did NOT say is that Russia should continue hacking U.S. politicians.

He also didn't say that they shouldn't. And let's be honest, he was encouraging them.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 5:25 pm

President Obama: "I really wish Russia had 30,000 classified U.S. documents."

What would be your response to that?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 5:28 pm

The hack already happened, saying it is encouraging espionage is a joke! The information just needs to be released and I'm pretty sure it is Wikileaks that has them. Massive massive damage control and spin going over this, it's amazing that's we've gone so full circle in this country that it is now the left in this country that is fearmongering over these big bad Russians! My god, they are doing the unthinkable!

If those emails expose anything with Hillary then she is the one at fault! She lied! She said there was nothing on the emails that jeopardized national security and that she didn't host classfied materials as that would be a violation of the law. So what is it? Did Hillary break the law and the "Russians" exposed it? Or is this all just massive hysteria and spin to distract from the contents of said emails?

Julian Assange said his next leak would put Hillary in jail! :mrgreen: