Should Christians be paranormal investigators?

Page 4 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,553
Location: Leave only a footprint behind

03 Oct 2016, 3:40 am

My apologies parakeet. I am just a guy weed eating, yall did that as a kid? :)


_________________
Winds of clarity. a universal understanding come and go, I've seen though the Darkness to understand the bounty of Light


Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Mar 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,055
Location: San Antonio

03 Oct 2016, 3:44 am

richardbenson wrote:
My apologies parakeet. I am just a guy weed eating, yall did that as a kid? :)


Nope, never been on any nonprescription drugs, though while living under my stepdad's roof I was required to take Dexedrine and Risperdal which I quit as soon as I finally left his home and moved in with my lady Jacklyn.


_________________
"In the kingdom of hope, there is no winter."

I'm an author: https://www.amazon.com/author/benfournier

See my novel, Fullness Of Time:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N91615Z


richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,553
Location: Leave only a footprint behind

03 Oct 2016, 3:47 am

Oh sorry, I was talking about the contraption with a string that you wacked weeds with in the yard.
My fault, wasn't talking about drugs but hard work. :wink:


_________________
Winds of clarity. a universal understanding come and go, I've seen though the Darkness to understand the bounty of Light


Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Mar 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,055
Location: San Antonio

03 Oct 2016, 4:19 am

richardbenson wrote:
Oh sorry, I was talking about the contraption with a string that you wacked weeds with in the yard.
My fault, wasn't talking about drugs but hard work. :wink:


Ah. Okay, well I mow lawns sometimes when neighbors ask me to and my own as well but I haven't used a weed-whacker since moving from Texas in 2003 when my stepdad moved my family from Denton to St Paul, and we lived in apartments for two years before living in a home with a yard again. Living in a campground now since 2012 I've had to mow the yard every couple weeks or so when it's not winter in Minnesota.


_________________
"In the kingdom of hope, there is no winter."

I'm an author: https://www.amazon.com/author/benfournier

See my novel, Fullness Of Time:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N91615Z


techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,514
Location: The 27th Path of Peh.

03 Oct 2016, 6:02 am

Iamaparakeet wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
...why they'd have any real desire to run around dark abandoned buildings with weird gadgets would be beyond me.


I'd want to see if its real for myself and test weapons on them to see if there's any technological way of fighting them. Casting them out in Jesus' Name to send them away to wherever is cool, but if there were a way to give the demons a taste of their own medicine it would be worth a try.


In that case I'd definitely say please don't. In once instance of possibility you'd be treating a person who died a traumatic death and whose disoriented from it with more abuse. If it's some sort of umbilical valance between the physical body and soul, such like most people think of an astral body, then you'd be essentially beating on a corpse which might not be cruelty in the sense that while it can still behave a bit human it's just an automaton but it's tacky and mean spirited nonetheless. As for 'their own medicine' - there'd be no medicine to speak of without these people running around in abandoned buildings trying to find them; it's a bit like punishing a squirrel or raccoon for someone having uncovered their home.


_________________
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privelege of owning yourself" - Rudyard Kipling


Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Mar 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,055
Location: San Antonio

03 Oct 2016, 10:42 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Iamaparakeet wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
...why they'd have any real desire to run around dark abandoned buildings with weird gadgets would be beyond me.


I'd want to see if its real for myself and test weapons on them to see if there's any technological way of fighting them. Casting them out in Jesus' Name to send them away to wherever is cool, but if there were a way to give the demons a taste of their own medicine it would be worth a try.


In that case I'd definitely say please don't. In once instance of possibility you'd be treating a person who died a traumatic death and whose disoriented from it with more abuse. If it's some sort of umbilical valance between the physical body and soul, such like most people think of an astral body, then you'd be essentially beating on a corpse which might not be cruelty in the sense that while it can still behave a bit human it's just an automaton but it's tacky and mean spirited nonetheless. As for 'their own medicine' - there'd be no medicine to speak of without these people running around in abandoned buildings trying to find them; it's a bit like punishing a squirrel or raccoon for someone having uncovered their home.


Well, for the sake of people who actually believe in ghosts, I'd only select for weapons testing the demons which act like violent "poltergeists" and leave injuries on people. Probably wouldn't have an effect, but they're not human souls but demons and if they're hurting humans or their pets, then they should be dealt with.


_________________
"In the kingdom of hope, there is no winter."

I'm an author: https://www.amazon.com/author/benfournier

See my novel, Fullness Of Time:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N91615Z


Soulsparrer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Joined: 1 Oct 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 150

03 Oct 2016, 2:00 pm

Not all theologies suggest that people are judged immediately after death, some suggest that souls remain in "stasis" until the final judgment after the events of Revelation. At least this is what I was taught as a child.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 98,233
Location: the island of defective toy santas

03 Oct 2016, 2:19 pm

everything I've read is that the higher part of one's spirit self is the only one who does any "judging."



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,997
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

03 Oct 2016, 4:09 pm

Soulsparrer wrote:
Not all theologies suggest that people are judged immediately after death, some suggest that souls remain in "stasis" until the final judgment after the events of Revelation. At least this is what I was taught as a child.


Me, too. Christ talks about the resurrection of the dead and judgement at the last day.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,514
Location: The 27th Path of Peh.

03 Oct 2016, 4:27 pm

Iamaparakeet wrote:
Well, for the sake of people who actually believe in ghosts, I'd only select for weapons testing the demons which act like violent "poltergeists" and leave injuries on people. Probably wouldn't have an effect, but they're not human souls but demons and if they're hurting humans or their pets, then they should be dealt with.


Out of curiosity also, what kinds of weapons are you talking about? Holy water/oil? Eggs? Camphor or sage?


_________________
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privelege of owning yourself" - Rudyard Kipling


naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 66
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,059
Location: temperate zone

03 Oct 2016, 4:45 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Iamaparakeet wrote:
Well, for the sake of people who actually believe in ghosts, I'd only select for weapons testing the demons which act like violent "poltergeists" and leave injuries on people. Probably wouldn't have an effect, but they're not human souls but demons and if they're hurting humans or their pets, then they should be dealt with.


Out of curiosity also, what kinds of weapons are you talking about? Holy water/oil? Eggs? Camphor or sage?


A holy water super soaker (hooked to reserve tanks on your back) should do it!
++++++++++++

Who ya gonna call?

Ghost Busters! :D