Should Christians be paranormal investigators?

Page 4 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

03 Oct 2016, 3:40 am

My apologies parakeet. I am just a guy weed eating, yall did that as a kid? :)

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 3:44 am

richardbenson wrote:
My apologies parakeet. I am just a guy weed eating, yall did that as a kid? :)

Nope, never been on any nonprescription drugs, though while living under my stepdad's roof I was required to take Dexedrine and Risperdal which I quit as soon as I finally left his home and moved in with my lady Jacklyn.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

03 Oct 2016, 3:47 am

Oh sorry, I was talking about the contraption with a string that you wacked weeds with in the yard.
My fault, wasn't talking about drugs but hard work. :wink:

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 4:19 am

richardbenson wrote:
Oh sorry, I was talking about the contraption with a string that you wacked weeds with in the yard.
My fault, wasn't talking about drugs but hard work. :wink:

Ah. Okay, well I mow lawns sometimes when neighbors ask me to and my own as well but I haven't used a weed-whacker since moving from Texas in 2003 when my stepdad moved my family from Denton to St Paul, and we lived in apartments for two years before living in a home with a yard again. Living in a campground now since 2012 I've had to mow the yard every couple weeks or so when it's not winter in Minnesota.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 6:02 am

Iamaparakeet wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
...why they'd have any real desire to run around dark abandoned buildings with weird gadgets would be beyond me.

I'd want to see if its real for myself and test weapons on them to see if there's any technological way of fighting them. Casting them out in Jesus' Name to send them away to wherever is cool, but if there were a way to give the demons a taste of their own medicine it would be worth a try.

In that case I'd definitely say please don't. In once instance of possibility you'd be treating a person who died a traumatic death and whose disoriented from it with more abuse. If it's some sort of umbilical valance between the physical body and soul, such like most people think of an astral body, then you'd be essentially beating on a corpse which might not be cruelty in the sense that while it can still behave a bit human it's just an automaton but it's tacky and mean spirited nonetheless. As for 'their own medicine' - there'd be no medicine to speak of without these people running around in abandoned buildings trying to find them; it's a bit like punishing a squirrel or raccoon for someone having uncovered their home.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 10:42 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Iamaparakeet wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
...why they'd have any real desire to run around dark abandoned buildings with weird gadgets would be beyond me.

I'd want to see if its real for myself and test weapons on them to see if there's any technological way of fighting them. Casting them out in Jesus' Name to send them away to wherever is cool, but if there were a way to give the demons a taste of their own medicine it would be worth a try.

In that case I'd definitely say please don't. In once instance of possibility you'd be treating a person who died a traumatic death and whose disoriented from it with more abuse. If it's some sort of umbilical valance between the physical body and soul, such like most people think of an astral body, then you'd be essentially beating on a corpse which might not be cruelty in the sense that while it can still behave a bit human it's just an automaton but it's tacky and mean spirited nonetheless. As for 'their own medicine' - there'd be no medicine to speak of without these people running around in abandoned buildings trying to find them; it's a bit like punishing a squirrel or raccoon for someone having uncovered their home.

Well, for the sake of people who actually believe in ghosts, I'd only select for weapons testing the demons which act like violent "poltergeists" and leave injuries on people. Probably wouldn't have an effect, but they're not human souls but demons and if they're hurting humans or their pets, then they should be dealt with.

Soulsparrer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Oct 2016, 2:00 pm

Not all theologies suggest that people are judged immediately after death, some suggest that souls remain in "stasis" until the final judgment after the events of Revelation. At least this is what I was taught as a child.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 2:19 pm

everything I've read is that the higher part of one's spirit self is the only one who does any "judging."

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 4:09 pm

Soulsparrer wrote:
Not all theologies suggest that people are judged immediately after death, some suggest that souls remain in "stasis" until the final judgment after the events of Revelation. At least this is what I was taught as a child.

Me, too. Christ talks about the resurrection of the dead and judgement at the last day.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 4:27 pm

Iamaparakeet wrote:
Well, for the sake of people who actually believe in ghosts, I'd only select for weapons testing the demons which act like violent "poltergeists" and leave injuries on people. Probably wouldn't have an effect, but they're not human souls but demons and if they're hurting humans or their pets, then they should be dealt with.

Out of curiosity also, what kinds of weapons are you talking about? Holy water/oil? Eggs? Camphor or sage?

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 4:45 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Iamaparakeet wrote:

Out of curiosity also, what kinds of weapons are you talking about? Holy water/oil? Eggs? Camphor or sage?

A holy water super soaker (hooked to reserve tanks on your back) should do it!
++++++++++++

Who ya gonna call?

Ghost Busters! :D