Page 8 of 10 [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 9:22 pm

I suppose the presence of weapons and any chants could make it obvious.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 9:25 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
As for a burly guy with Nazi tattoos outside a Jewish house of worship - with Antisemitic violence having been on record, I'd have no doubt that the police would have asked that man to move along.

How about a skinny, unmarked guy? Does the first guy's muscle mass and choice in tattoos mean he should be discriminated against by the police?

Unless the unmarked skinny guy is somehow identified as a threat to the people in the Synagogue, then certainly, the muscular guy with Nazi tats comes across as a greater threat, being that Antisemitism is printed on his body.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 5:50 pm

...You guys ! !! !! !! !! !!
You're making me scared to leave the Bay Area bubble ! 8O :twisted: :lol:
BTW , I MUST say that I would find the idea of standing around for hours on end w/a dispplayed gun as being just peaceful protest , no threats implied , more easy to accept if the gun-stander had a sign , say ~ Except it actually occurred to me that the gun , in this context , IS his sign . And it says " I can shoot you easily enough/if I want to " .
Oops , more persecution of salt-of-the-earth flyover country real Amurricans by coastal elitists . Boo hoo . :cry:

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 6:53 pm

B19 wrote:
This May article is sounding increasingly percipient to me:
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinio ... story.html

The media is putting on TV every night the past week Trump supporters saying there will be violence if he loses.

Trump Supporter: ‘Hillary Needs To Be Taken Out’ “If I have to be a patriot, I will,” Dan Bowman told The Wall Street Journal.

Never mind after the election it is already starting
NC Democratic headquarters attacked on same night nearby GOP office was firebombed

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 7:40 pm

The media are in a heck of a spot. If they stir up civil discontent by continually airing Trump without rebuttal, and the villagers rise up with pitchforks and torches and burn down the TV stations, it would make a great story.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2016, 1:03 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
The media are in a heck of a spot. If they stir up civil discontent by continually airing Trump without rebuttal, and the villagers rise up with pitchforks and torches and burn down the TV stations, it would make a great story.

If they can stay on the air Anarchy in The USA would get excellent ratings.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

B19
Veteran
Veteran

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 5:15 pm

Austrians must have forgotten where Hitler came from.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 5:51 pm

Well, Trump has just clarified his remarks from the debate. I will accept the results, he says, if I win.

M'kay.

If anyone is wondering what we just avoided, probably, then look no further than The Philippines.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 5:54 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Well, Trump has just clarified his remarks from the debate. I will accept the results, he says, if I win.

M'kay.

Still not consoling for those of us who still believe in the American experiment in free government.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 6:18 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:

M'kay.

Still not consoling for those of us who still believe in the American experiment in free government.

I'd call it horrifying, but that's been used already. It's almost more petulant than horrifying, if it wasn't so horrifying.

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 9:27 am

Given the influence that Trump has over his base, he needs to explicitly disavow violence, not encourage it. And this is one of those situations where that little thing called character comes into play.

What I find frightening is watching Trump speak to large groups of people. Not everyone realizes this but mobs behave very different than individuals. Rather than put out the fire he just fans the flames. Very irresponsible.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 12:53 am

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 1:26 am

B19 wrote:

I say this not harshly, but in strange puzzlement:

I find it completely bizarre that here on WP we have (for example) obsessed New Zealanders who post opinion pieces translated from German in an effort to explain American politics to Americans, and even more obsessed Britons (for example), perhaps disappointed that they were born too late to join uncle Joe Stalin's Red Army, who try to convince Americans that a pro-gay-rights former Democrat who used to party with Bill Clinton is actually Adolf Hitler.

What a weird world it is. :lol: :roll: 8) :lol:

There Are Four Lights!

B19
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 1:36 am

As I have said previously, my special interest in American politics began on

22 November 1963

and I have taken a keen interest ever since, you learn a lot in over a half a century. You may not know that the USA is allowed use of NZ territory to operate intelligence bases in New Zealand which is vital to its security. We risk becoming targets too if America were unwise enough to elect Trump, though that danger is possibly passed.

In my many visits to and wide travel in the United States, only in East Texas did I encounter a profoundly isolationist attitude. People in other states were very aware of international relations and the importance of them.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 1:58 am

Darmok wrote:
B19 wrote:

I say this not harshly, but in strange puzzlement:

I find it completely bizarre that here on WP we have (for example) obsessed New Zealanders who post opinion pieces translated from German in an effort to explain American politics to Americans, and even more obsessed Britons (for example), perhaps disappointed that they were born too late to join uncle Joe Stalin's Red Army, who try to convince Americans that a pro-gay-rights former Democrat who used to party with Bill Clinton is actually Adolf Hitler.

What a weird world it is. :lol: :roll: 8) :lol:

Years ago, Trump had said if he ever got into politics, it would be as a Republican, because he considers people on the right to be stupider.