Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2016, 10:28 pm

Even visually, the two are remarkably identical. Extreme religious views, especially when political, are uncannily similar, and even if somehow atheistic, the fascists are fueled with testosterone, and that is what the Taliban was ultimately, and it is but ironic that ten years were spent to fight them... only for the country to assimilate into them. Well, a percentage of the population.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2016, 12:39 am

A fundamentalist is a fundamentalist is a fundamentalist, regardless of the kind of religion they adhere to.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2016, 5:22 am

Even with a GOP president, I don't see it happening.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Pravda
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Oct 2016, 1:25 pm

Thankfully, the fundie wing of the GOP are demographically waning, despite their high birth rates. Most of their children leave that fold and popular culture has diverged so far from their worldview.

I'd worry a lot more about the hardline "beat down on the Mexicans and Muslims" nativists, who exist in much bigger numbers.

Don't believe the gender tag. I was born intersex and identify as queer, girl-leaning. So while I can sometimes present as an effeminate guy, that's less than half the time and if anything I'd prefer it say "female" of the two choices offered. I can't change it though, it's bugged.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 11:12 pm

One way to keep them from taking over is not to vote in evangelical politicians or ones heavily influenced by evangelicals.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2016, 2:09 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
One way to keep them from taking over is not to vote in evangelical politicians or ones heavily influenced by evangelicals.

That's always been my policy with voting.