The Final Big Election Thread of the Season

Page 1 of 13 [ 208 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 8:11 pm

I was going to call this THE FINAL BIG ELECTION THREAD OF THE SEASON, but, well, ...

The previous big election thread has been locked so we need one more mega-thread to contain all the argle-bargle and make it through to polling day. Into this thread you can pour all your bile, vitriol, hysteria, and paranoia. (All directed at the candidates, of course, and not at each other.)

To begin: If you oppose Donald Trump, that's proof you're a misogynist:

======================
Trump's "speaking style is more feminine by far than any other candidate in the 2016 cycle, more feminine than any other presidential candidate since 2004."

According to "Donald Trump Talks Like a Woman," by Julie Sedivy in Politico Magazine. Sedivy is a linguistics and psychology expert who is looking at statistical research that shows "clear... differences" between men and women:

[M]en are more likely to swear and use words that signal aggression, while women are more likely to use tentative language (words like maybe, seems or perhaps) and emotion-laden words (beautiful, despise)." But other patterns are far from obvious....

[W]omen are heavier users than men of the pronoun “I” whereas the reverse is true for the pronoun “we”; women produce more common verbs (are, start, went) and auxiliary verbs (am, don’t, will), while men utter more articles (a, the) and prepositions (to, with, above); women use fewer long words than men when speaking or writing across a broad range of contexts....

But Donald Trump is a stunning outlier. His linguistic style is startlingly feminine, so much so that the chasm between Trump and the next most feminine speaker, Ben Carson, is about as great as the difference between Carson and the least feminine candidate, Jim Webb.

======================

From the Althouse blog:
http://althouse.blogspot.com/2016/10/tr ... inine.html

There Are Four Lights!

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 8:40 pm

I wonder if pollsters for the House and Senate races are taking into account the fact that turnout from expats is likely to be significantly higher than normal this election due to anger over FATCA and citizenship-based taxation that has become much more onerous in the last few years; thanks to FATCA, many expats (but not the very wealthy) can't get bank accounts in the countries they live anymore. Expats are much better organized politically than they were in 2012, there were 50% more expats in 2015 than there were in 2010, there are an estimated 7 to 8 million of them, the Republican platform calls for ending FATCA and citizenship-based taxation while the Democratic platform details no solutions to relieve what's happening to expats, and because of this expats are pissed at Democrats and want to pay them back on November 8th. Hillary will probably still win, but I'd say fat chance for Democrats having a unified government.

I hope this will be a learning experience for Democrats.

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 11:51 pm

You're not very serious in starting this thread, are you? Why would you bold stupid assertions? Feminine? He's the most aggressive public person I've heard in a while, so unless the average female is also bursting full of testosterone I doubt one could safely conclude that based on his primary school age-level language full of repetitious anger is necessarily how one gender or another speaks. He's very much male with the point of his messages, but sure, someone with such minuscule hands can't possibly be considered masculine... that and his physique make it hilarious how he's been adopted by 'men power' obsessives... I wonder if Michelangelo, after completing David, would have a chuckle if he knew how modern society has degenerated into fake complexion worshiping...

...But really, this fades into irrelevance when the fact is he's a conman, and if you'd like to buy his snake oil, by all means, become yet another one defrauded like the thousands by his 'university'...

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 4:00 pm

The dark art of political intimidation:

This is the United States of America. You are totally free to express your political views. No one is going to tell you what you can say or how you can say it, right? But what if you thought you’d be audited by the IRS or have your business boycotted or even lose your job? Would you speak freely then?

This isn’t a hypothetical question. It’s happening to Americans right now. It’s what I call “The Intimidation Game.”

The object of this very real “game” is to make political opponents pay a high price for expressing their opinions. It was a standard technique in the Jim Crow South in the 1950’s. It was used by racist southern Democrats to shut up black civil rights groups like the NAACP. And now these tactics have been revived and improved upon by today’s Democratic Party and their allies on the Progressive Left. They want to shut up conservatives; just like racists once wanted to shut up blacks and their liberal supporters.

And this doesn't even touch on the guerrilla warfare tactics that Hillary/Obama operative Robert Creamer has been using to incite violence at political rallies.

There Are Four Lights!

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 4:08 pm

Trump is the one specifically recruiting thugs *and* forging IDs: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/vot ... 3911ee03bc

And is this not enough: In January 2014, the FBI told Fox News that its investigation had found no evidence so far warranting the filing of federal criminal charges in connection with the scandal, as it had not found any evidence of "enemy hunting", and that the investigation continued. On October 23, 2015, the Justice Department declared that no criminal charges would be filed.

Or is this another one of the 'great conspiracies'? (But pretend not to notice an Obama-appointed attorney investigating it...)

(By the way, it's great it seems you all lap up Prager's propaganda so readily, I also can just imagine breibart as your permanent homepage... perhaps a bit internal of stimulation upon looking at Andrew's face too?)

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 5:39 pm

One of the big ballot initiatives in Massachusetts is about whether to limit the number of charter schools. Parents whose children are trapped in low-quality public schools controlled by corrupt Democrat-led teachers' unions see charter schools as the only way their children can get a good education.

In the 1960s, Democrat governor George Wallace famously stood in the doorway to block black students from entering white schools in Alabama. Now Democrat organizations like the NAACP are standing in the doorway to block poor, often minority, students from getting access to better education again.

It’s been 53 years since Gov. George Wallace “stood in the schoolhouse door” to keep blacks out of the University of Alabama.

Affluent white suburbanites want to limit urban charter schools, complain minority parents in Boston. “So far, 194 mainly non-urban school committees statewide have backed resolutions opposing Question 2,” which would lift the cap on charter schools, reports the Boston Herald.

“You are hurting our children — not yours. Do you actually care what happens to little black and brown children? No, you don’t” said Dawn Foye, a Roxbury mother who sends her son to KIPP Academy in Mattapan.

Boston has the highest-performing charter schools in the nation. Most students come from low-income and working-class Black and Latino families.

http://www.joannejacobs.com/2016/10/who ... -door-now/

There Are Four Lights!

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

28 Oct 2016, 9:43 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... oll-finds/

So ABC News had this tracking poll come out on Monday, was a total outlier that had Hillary up +12. Over the last 3 days, Trump has gain +8. Massive Trump momentum or polls unskewing? What so you? Probably a bit of both.

There is so much disparity in the polls, Trump is tied or even ahead in some but then there others that have Hillary +12 which is wholly ridiculous. The polls are wrong 100%.

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2016, 10:51 am

Jacoby wrote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/10/28/clinton-lead-shrinks-even-as-nearly-6-in-10-expect-her-to-win-post-abc-tracking-poll-finds/

So ABC News had this tracking poll come out on Monday, was a total outlier that had Hillary up +12. Over the last 3 days, Trump has gain +8. Massive Trump momentum or polls unskewing? What so you? Probably a bit of both.

There is so much disparity in the polls, Trump is tied or even ahead in some but then there others that have Hillary +12 which is wholly ridiculous. The polls are wrong 100%.

According to you- polls are always somehow wrong when Trump isnt winning. If there was a way to have the polls 100 percent accurate and they showed Trump was losing, you would still whine about it being "rigged" and "wrong".

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2016, 2:52 pm

http://observer.com/2016/10/2006-audio- ... -election/

Quote:
2006 Audio Emerges of Hillary Clinton Proposing Rigging Palestine Election

On September 5, 2006, Eli Chomsky was an editor and staff writer for the Jewish Press, and Hillary Clinton was running for a shoo-in re-election as a U.S. senator. Her trip making the rounds of editorial boards brought her to Brooklyn to meet the editorial board of the Jewish Press.

The tape was never released and has only been heard by the small handful of Jewish Press staffers in the room. According to Chomsky, his old-school audiocassette is the only existent copy and no one has heard it since 2006, until today when he played it for the Observer.

The tape is 45 minutes and contains much that is no longer relevant, such as analysis of the re-election battle that Sen. Joe Lieberman was then facing in Connecticut. But a seemingly throwaway remark about elections in areas controlled by the Palestinian Authority has taken on new relevance amid persistent accusations in the presidential campaign by Clinton’s Republican opponent Donald Trump that the current election is “rigged.”

Hillary is going to start WWIII with how she meddles in other countries.

She is a criminal, she has no respect for ethics or the rule of law. She is the threat to democracy, you cannot allow a politician to act above to law with a complicit propagandist media and an administration that is trying cover its own ass.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Oct 2016, 5:07 pm

Oh joy.

Gonna discuss this with the other mods. The thread will probably be re-opened soon but please try to go more than 6 posts without launching personal attacks.

Edit: insults removed, thread unlocked, go nuts.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2016, 11:07 pm

Anti-Trump mob attacks homeless woman with pro-Trump sign on Hollywood street:

If you ever wondered what it was like on the streets of Berlin in the 1930s under Hitler's Brownshirts, it was like this.

The woman, who held a sign reading, “20 Million Illegals and Americans sleep on the streets in tents. Vote Trump,” was harassed by a collection of people who surrounded her. In the process, the woman was knocked to the ground.

Video of the woman being attacked shows men shouting and cursing at her before raiding her cart.

“You spewed hate and you got hate,” one man tells the woman as she lies on the ground as bystanders tore her signs. “You got exactly what you were dishing out. I told you. I warned you.”

http://www.westernjournalism.com/homele ... -by-crowd/

There Are Four Lights!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2016, 5:05 am

F**k it I'm voting for Jill Stien, f**k Hillary and Trump....neither one have anything to say about that b.s pipeline that implies they'll stop it so yeah that alone says plenty about both of them. I cannot vote for a candidate that would approve that to continue and I know at least Jill Stien doesn't. I am pretty sure the U.S government throughout history has done enough to the native americans so they should f**k right off. Also its not just doing it to the natives do we really want oil pipelines going through water resources? especially when things like this happen:
http://kfor.com/2016/09/19/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-colonial-pipeline-spill-in-alabama/

Its f*****g B.S and everyone knows it, so why wont either of the f**king major canidates say anything useful about it?

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2016, 8:35 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
F**k it I'm voting for Jill Stien, f**k Hillary and Trump....neither one have anything to say about that b.s pipeline that implies they'll stop it so yeah that alone says plenty about both of them. I cannot vote for a candidate that would approve that to continue and I know at least Jill Stien doesn't. I am pretty sure the U.S government throughout history has done enough to the native americans so they should f**k right off. Also its not just doing it to the natives do we really want oil pipelines going through water resources? especially when things like this happen:
http://kfor.com/2016/09/19/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-colonial-pipeline-spill-in-alabama/

Its f*****g B.S and everyone knows it, so why wont either of the f**king major canidates say anything useful about it?

The problem partly lies with the electorate. Policy doesn't get you air time, nor is it easy to digest for the average person. Demonstrating policy that you may have prepared for a couple of years can also be easily deconstructed by a collective forum regardless of how great the policy is - namely because policies can only serve to benefit a maximum number of people.

If you vote a 3rd party in the USA you may live to see them grow in your life time and that is an accomplishment given the corruption to not allow anything but one of two "main" parties to win. I am hoping if Trump gets elected the cronyism will be for the most part quashed. If Hillary gets elected perhaps America finally will say "Enough is enough" and vote for the best candidate, not their party, in the next term which can bolster support for a 3rd party. This is essentially what has happened in the UK and now support for 3rd parties is growing each year.

While I am not fond of all the Green policies I think you're at least voting for a sincere party.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2016, 3:51 pm

The secret Russian agent who hacked into the Clinton email system has finally been identified! :lol: :D

There Are Four Lights!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2016, 4:03 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

The problem partly lies with the electorate. Policy doesn't get you air time, nor is it easy to digest for the average person. Demonstrating policy that you may have prepared for a couple of years can also be easily deconstructed by a collective forum regardless of how great the policy is - namely because policies can only serve to benefit a maximum number of people.

If you vote a 3rd party in the USA you may live to see them grow in your life time and that is an accomplishment given the corruption to not allow anything but one of two "main" parties to win. I am hoping if Trump gets elected the cronyism will be for the most part quashed. If Hillary gets elected perhaps America finally will say "Enough is enough" and vote for the best candidate, not their party, in the next term which can bolster support for a 3rd party. This is essentially what has happened in the UK and now support for 3rd parties is growing each year.

While I am not fond of all the Green policies I think you're at least voting for a sincere party.

Yeah not sure I agree with all their policies, but I've looked at the website before and there is certainly a lot I do like...I guess my main concern would be they seem to specialize in more environmental and social policies so it's possible they'd have more difficulties with handling issues outside of that. Then again with a multi-party system you could have different parties with different focuses work together to come to the best solutions.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2016, 9:42 am

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/em ... #efmAAGAB7

more evidence of the rigged DNC primary

Donna Brazzile sending Hillary the questions that were going to be asked in the Flint debate with Bernie Sanders in advanced

she's a confirmed cheater

remember that earpiece she wore that one time too? everything about this woman is a fraud.