Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2016, 10:06 pm

ANY religion or ANYBODY who teaches that God is "Only Love" or "All Love" is teaching DECEPTION. God is BOTH the Creator as well as the DESTROYER. All these polemicists about the Anti-Christ can stop right now. The "identity" behind what some call "The Anti-Christ" just so happens to BE GOD now revealed at this End-Time. The DARK/DESTRUCTIVE-Aspect of God is indeed a complete and total ass in terms of being absolutely merciless. THAT Aspect of God is the most Despotic thing that could possibly EVER exist in all of ANY system of civilisation. God is NOT "separate" from "The Devil" I see; for God and the Devil are ONE that be. I learned this from The Testament of Truth web-site of course which says that ALL "religions" are false/man-made.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2016, 1:07 am

Yeah, it's quite clear that whatever created the universe is quite indifferent to our existence which is why I believe that it wasn't a God or Gods, we are just a natural byproduct of the mindless processes that happen in the universe for no real reason. Our existence can be explained in that way. Science keeps looking into the things that people once thought God did and it keeps pushing God back further and further, people used to believe that their God(s) were responsible for everything from disease to lightning, there was a time when entertaining the idea of physical laws governing the universe was considered heresy but now theists have to either assume that God lurks somewhere in the various mysteries that we have yet to solve, deny the same science that brought them cars and computers, or some mix of the two to keep that belief.

My suggestion to the OP: consider the possibility that the universe's indifference to us may be due to it's creator not being an intelligent being but a natural process.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2016, 4:24 am

You can't hate what doesn't exist. I hate Santa Claus.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2016, 5:43 pm

@op Somewhat confused do you believe god exists and you hate his behaviour beautifully summed up by Dawkins “The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." Or do you like Dawkins and myself hate the vicious fictional character from whom so many people derive their morals.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2016, 1:40 pm

I'm coming to increasing certainty that if there is such a being that we might label 'God' it's most likely a macroorganism and has about as much ability to see, let alone do anything about, our suffering as I can about one group of bacteria committing genocide against another group in my naval.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2016, 12:53 pm

Please lock this thread. I feel like it doesn't reflect an opinion, I just have issues.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2016, 1:34 pm

DentArthurDent wrote:
@op Somewhat confused do you believe god exists and you hate his behaviour beautifully summed up by Dawkins “The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." Or do you like Dawkins and myself hate the vicious fictional character from whom so many people derive their morals.

Where have you been hiding?

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2016, 2:20 pm

I am confused. Did God or evolution empower the naughty people.