09 Nov 2016, 3:13 am

auntblabby wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I AM, and I knew that trump would win, it was a nagging thought that wouldn't leave me.

I honestly thought she was gonna win.

I am closer to America so I can more clearly see our ugly national mood.

They should have hired you to do the forecasting then, you would have done a better job.

I long have been infuriated at the premature optimism of my fellow democrats who don't seem to grok the essential ugliness of human nature. Michael Moore was one who told the democrats that they needed to stop the premature celebrating immediately, but he was not heeded. he predicted a landslide trump win a few weeks earlier. his prescient speech is still on the internet.

Yes, I think the biased media were one of the reasons of the demise. Such arrogance, maybe people didn't like it. We don't even vote here in Italy yet they were always talking bad of Trump, and much lesser of Hillary.

the rump is disliked by the 4600 people who have sued him for stiffing them for payment for the work they did on his buildings. people who live in America see close up and personal that he is not a nice man, not by a long shot.

Yet they didn't really push much on it, odd. But this is not what I was talking about, he's certainly not a saint. I just wish they talked more about her too, because she's not a saint either. They certainly should have been less biased.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 3:42 am

I wonder how all those people who yelled "lock her up" feel about Trump thanking her for hard work and service to the country?

Standard gracious victory speech themes with a very unTrump like Reagan positivity. Probably his best speech. He has given good speeches before but eventually goes back to form.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 3:43 am

even before inauguration he will revert to form.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 3:58 am

It's gonna be an interesting four years.....

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 3:59 am

XFilesGeek wrote:

the ancient Chinese used that as a curse for their enemies, "may your descendants live in interesting times." IOW cursed times.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 4:01 am

auntblabby wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

the ancient Chinese used that as a curse for their enemies, "may your descendants live in interesting times." IOW cursed times.

I believe it.

BTW, I voted Hillary, so no one can blame me for this mess.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 4:06 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
I wonder how all those people who yelled "lock her up" feel about Trump thanking her for hard work and service to the country?

Standard gracious victory speech themes with a very unTrump like Reagan positivity. Probably his best speech. He has given good speeches before but eventually goes back to form.

Not sure how they will take it but I'm sure many will understand it's almost expected of a presidential candidate to be gracious either in defeat or victory. It's not like he has changed his stance on her. She did fight a very hard (if dirty) campaign IMO but then again so did he.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 4:07 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

I believe it. BTW, I voted Hillary, so no one can blame me for this mess.

:heart: THANK YOU :flower:

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 4:48 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:

I disagree here. I would say that this was his worst speech ever despite the political correctness. I considered voting for him for a few moments for the sole reason that he would go after corruption (I came to my senses and did not vote for anyone). I don't think his supporters are going to be very happy if he does nothing about corruption in the White House. I'm talking about the long game. Trump may have won the election but he's going to lose support down the line when he fails to keep any of his promises. Just like most run-of-the mill politicians. What a joke. But maybe Ill be proven wrong.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 5:21 am

there ain't gonna be any stooopid wall. :roll:

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 5:47 am

It's not the gender...it's the person.

The Clintons HATE the military, and the military is just as fond of them in return. Hillary is a woman who expects special treatment where the law is concerned and she is pretty much a shrew.

I have nothing against a minority or a woman being POTUS, but they must be qualified and at least have some redeemable moral character. Hillary is utterly bankrupt of any values. She's proven this time and time again in how she has handled events in the past.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 6:00 am

how is the candidate who disrespected sen. McCain for "getting captured" any better in this respect?