Hillary Clinton and Precarious Manhood Theory

Page 1 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2016, 9:02 am

The Atlantic: Why Men Fear a Female President

Quote:
There are ingrained and documented negative responses to women in power that suggest reactions to Clinton’s presidency are directly tied to men’s fear of emasculation.

Politico: Trump: Generals don't want 'her as their boss'

Do you guys think there is anything to this?

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2016, 9:16 am

For some people, definitely. I know men like this, including my dad; they can't stand a woman being in charge.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2016, 9:25 am

While there is possibly some truth to this, not every person disagrees with a politicians ideas because of their gender.
A lot of generals really believe she will start WWIII and don't want to be a part of it.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2016, 10:09 am

androbot01 wrote:
The Atlantic: Why Men Fear a Female President

Quote:
There are ingrained and documented negative responses to women in power that suggest reactions to Clinton’s presidency are directly tied to men’s fear of emasculation.

Politico: Trump: Generals don't want 'her as their boss'

Do you guys think there is anything to this?

There have certainly have been more then enough horrible signs at Trump rallies and he has marketed himself to women haters but The Atlantic article is too simplistic and implies all men are that way. Golda Mier and Indira Ghandi were well respected leaders and the rignt has no problem with Sarah Palin. The women haters now feel free to be loud and brash so they get the publicity. This allows articles such as the one in The Atlantic which reeks of misandry to seem truthful. That is unfair, but life is unfair.

Why should Trump care what the generals think since he knows more then them?

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2016, 12:34 pm

racheypie666 wrote:
For some people, definitely. I know men like this, including my dad; they can't stand a woman being in charge.

I just wonder how a man might feel about not being dominant in a man woman relationship.
TheSpectrum wrote:
While there is possibly some truth to this, not every person disagrees with a politicians ideas because of their gender.
A lot of generals really believe she will start WWIII and don't want to be a part of it.

I think WWIII has already started. We're just finishing the prologue, the election results will be the introduction.
But the reaction to the email release has been strange. The right are acting like something has happened and had to walk back their claim that there was an indictment. Clinton might be a bit dippy, but she's not evil. I don't think Trump's evil either; he just has bad judgment and self-control issues.
ASPartOfMe wrote:
There have certainly have been more then enough horrible signs at Trump rallies and he has marketed himself to women haters but The Atlantic article is too simplistic and implies all men are that way. Golda Mier and Indira Ghandi were well respected leaders and the rignt has no problem with Sarah Palin. The women haters now feel free to be loud and brash so they get the publicity. This allows articles such as the one in The Atlantic which reeks of misandry to seem truthful. That is unfair, but life is unfair.

Mier and Ghandi's success shows that woman are capable. I'm not so sure about Palin; Trump seemed to get rid of her as soon as possible.
I don't think it's misandrous; I honestly believe that there is an awkwardness between men and woman a lot of the time because of the changing expecations of gender roles.
The dislike of Clinton is passionate and sometimes hateful: crooked, burn her, lock her up. I haven't seen this kind of rhetoric in previous elections in my lifetime.

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2016, 1:05 pm

The theory would apply to some men, not all.

The only reason I am against Hillary now is that she doesn't seem to stand up for what is right and what is true.

Rather than answer simple yes/no questions she deflects and pretends not to know that she is doing it. In other words lying by omission.

I don't want a "tough" woman in office for the same reason I don't want a "tough" man in office. I simply want the violence to end. My main concern regarding this election is foreign policy.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2016, 4:10 pm

heavenlyabyss wrote:
I don't want a "tough" woman in office for the same reason I don't want a "tough" man in office.

I don't see her as tough as much as stern but grandmotherly.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2016, 6:20 pm

androbot01 wrote:
racheypie666 wrote:

I just wonder how a man might feel about not being dominant in a man woman relationship.
TheSpectrum wrote:

I think WWIII has already started. We're just finishing the prologue, the election results will be the introduction.
But the reaction to the email release has been strange. The right are acting like something has happened and had to walk back their claim that there was an indictment. Clinton might be a bit dippy, but she's not evil. I don't think Trump's evil either; he just has bad judgment and self-control issues.
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Mier and Ghandi's success shows that woman are capable. I'm not so sure about Palin; Trump seemed to get rid of her as soon as possible.
I don't think it's misandrous; I honestly believe that there is an awkwardness between men and woman a lot of the time because of the changing expecations of gender roles.
The dislike of Clinton is passionate and sometimes hateful: crooked, burn her, lock her up. I haven't seen this kind of rhetoric in previous elections in my lifetime.

It is not about capability per se but that these women were accepted as leaders.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2016, 9:14 pm

The only people making a big deal out of Hillary's sex are the morons churning out this garbage. Men and women who dislike Hillary have myriad reasons to choose from.

Hillary's biggest problem is that people simply don't trust her. That has nothing to do with her having a vagina, everything to do with her persistent dishonesty.

So no, I don't think there's anything to it. There are idiots of all political leanings who believe the gender of a candidate is sufficient reason to cast their vote. I imagine it more or less balances out come election day.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2016, 10:23 pm

I just don't understand why you are all looking at this as a gender issue.
That person's judgement is wrong and many have concluded as such, which is why they have shifted their support from one candidate to another.

There have been many presidencies, monarchs and ministers who were women over the last century. This isn't a women issue it's a judgement issue.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2016, 11:03 pm

androbot01 wrote:

I'd prefer it. Dominant not controlling female relationship. I want to be equal but her more in charge of the grand scheme.
I was raised by women, so I always thought women were in charge of the house and relationships

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2016, 1:02 am

androbot01 wrote:
heavenlyabyss wrote:
I don't want a "tough" woman in office for the same reason I don't want a "tough" man in office.

I don't see her as tough as much as stern but grandmotherly.

Maybe tough is the wrong word. But she seems to have little problem with US citizens dying in war. I wish all the f*****g males in this world would just step down and let women rule. I'm just really f*****g tired of men fighting over dick size or whatever it is that they are all so angry about.

Post-warning: "misandry" - I know I am a terrible person. Deal with it.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Nov 2016, 4:54 am

TheSpectrum wrote:
I just don't understand why you are all looking at this as a gender issue.
That person's judgement is wrong and many have concluded as such, which is why they have shifted their support from one candidate to another.

There have been many presidencies, monarchs and ministers who were women over the last century. This isn't a women issue it's a judgement issue.

I'm unaware of any women presidents or monarchs in the US.

I don't think it's a judgement issue, because Trump's judgement is highly suspect and I'm not really aware of anything calling Clinton's judgement into question in the last few weeks. The issue seems to be a suspicion of corruption more than anything, although obviously different people will have different reasons.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2016, 7:05 am

It's just a deflection tactic meant to smear an opponent. The woman's version of the "race card" where all criticism can be rebranded as irrational misogyny. If Mrs Clinton was an angel with clean hands this argument might carry some weight, but she isn't. Fortunately this tactic is not nearly as effective as it used to be.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2016, 9:30 am

Mikah wrote:
It's just a deflection tactic meant to smear an opponent. ...If Mrs Clinton was an angel with clean hands this argument might carry some weight, ...

I'm not sure that she needs to be an angel for this argument to be made. She is no more tarnished than any other politician. Her mistakes don't negate possible gender related feelings. I think that the unsaid feelings of misogyny towards women in power are bringing politics to a new level of anger (put her in jail, etc.)

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2016, 11:03 am

androbot01 wrote:
I think that the unsaid feelings of misogyny towards women in power are bringing politics to a new level of anger (put her in jail, etc.)

How is "put her in jail" misogynistic?

This perpetual nonsense claim that women are beyond reproach 'because vagina' is the arguably the most sexist viewpoint one can adopt. I'm tired of seeing it here and elsewhere.