Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2016, 3:47 pm

I'm seeing this success of supervised injection facilities for heroin, which has worked in a number of other developed countries, including Canada. It's been proposed here, but of course Americans just like with everything else aren't interested in learning from other countries and reflecting that maybe their way isn't the best, so that idea is dead in the water, and we're going to continue roughing heroin users up, cuz that's the 'Murcan way:

https://www.thefix.com/its-time-supervi ... ted-states

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2016, 4:36 pm

American attitude is....

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2016, 5:16 pm

Is that Alan Rickman?

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2016, 8:41 pm

beneficii wrote:
Is that Alan Rickman?

From one of my favorite movies, "Mystery Men"

That's the "terribly mysterious" Sphinx.

It's "Wes Studi"
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0836071/?ref_=tt_cl_t7

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2016, 1:27 pm

This is not a thorough word study, as I do not claim to have a firm grasp of these pronouns, etc, as they originally occurred, in the ancient language. (My italics.)

"...this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat."
-- from 2 Thess 3:10

What if they would work.

"... it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink:Lest they drink, and forget the law, and pervert the judgment of any of the afflicted. Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts. Let him drink, and forget his poverty, and remember his misery no more."
-- from Prov 31

Does it say:
- Allow a person to be inebriated.
- Tax the public, at gunpoint, to keep him high.

I feel that drugs are a sort-of band-aid, to cover holes in a failing, social contract. What are people escaping, if not social decay and poor living standards.