Page 5 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 3:35 pm

nurseangela wrote:
On the flip side, it's not democratic to be saying that if such-and-such happens then I'm leaving the country. That's the extreme example of intolerance and that's when I say "if you don't like it then get out".

Is it really that unreasonable for someone like me to want to leave the US, when Trump and his constituents have repeatedly made it clear that I'm not welcome? :|

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 3:42 pm

it is perfectly democratic to choose to leave a country for whatever reason or no reason anyway. it's just not patriotic

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 3:48 pm

Barchan wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
On the flip side, it's not democratic to be saying that if such-and-such happens then I'm leaving the country. That's the extreme example of intolerance and that's when I say "if you don't like it then get out".

Is it really that unreasonable for someone like me to want to leave the US, when Trump and his constituents have repeatedly made it clear that I'm not welcome? :|

The world is going to be however you want to perceive it. I have felt inferior as a white person with Obama in the White House, but I have never said I would leave the country. Do whatever you want.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 3:49 pm

nurseangela wrote:
The world is going to be however you want to perceive it. I have felt inferior as a white person with Obama in the White House, but I have never said I would leave the country. Do whatever you want.

are you for real? do you really not see the difference?

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 3:53 pm

anagram wrote:
ZenDen wrote:
I say: it's a widely-known fact that the greedy and stupid politicians in the united states was instrumental in the establishment and maintenance of horrible dictatorships throughout south America in the second half of the 20th century.

lol, shitstorm here we go

if that wasn't already abundantly clear from what i've said so far, then you're just not reading it. either way, facts are facts whether you like them or not. people get pissed off with the u.s., and it's not just random. whether or not their reactions are morally sound or justifiable is another matter entirely. the fact remains. offended or not, ignore it at your own risk. it's up to you to judge whether or not it matters to you

you seem to be the one equating "the u.s." with "americans". which is pretty much my point here, the very thing i don't understand

Quote:
Stupid kids.

pleonasm

"facts are facts whether you like them or not And lies are lies whether you like them or not. You call your statements truth when they could just as easily be lies...as you could also declare the same about my (or others) statements. What do you think your statement proves???

"ignore it at your own risk" What does this stupid statement even mean???? Anything to worry us here? Just another bunch of ignorant people being pushed around by the media and local government.

It's not our job to educate these people...but maybe Trump, working through diplomatic means, can convince them otherwise. It's obvious, from what you say, previous administrations (within the last 8 years, for sure), were unable to touch base with these people, instead perhaps harmed them? Maybe now we have a chance.

If you find a problem with me using the word Americans as a synonym for North Americans...too bad. Perhaps you can find another triviality to point to??? I know the history of complaint concerning the usage you speak of...and it was foolish when I first heard about the whining and it's just as foolish now.

And you mention:
"Stupid kids.
pleonasm"

Then how about this?: Stupid kids, like stupid adults, being led about by the ring that's grown through their noses and unable to tell right from wrong any more because they've sold their values in the market place long ago.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 3:54 pm

I'm tired of everyone acting like a bunch of two year olds because they didn't get what they wanted. Well, boo hoo. The sky is not falling just because Queen Clinton got dethroned. Frankly, I'm tired of all the drama. Grow up and act like adults.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 3:58 pm

anagram wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

are you for real? do you really not see the difference?

Do YOU not see the difference? Yes, I do. After having to get rid of friends that I have had over a quarter of a century who called me racist because I didn't vote Obama in. Bunch of crap. This country has never been as bad with racism as it is now - in my lifetime. Do you realize that my friends and I never even talked about politics until Obama. I have never been called a racist or a Hitler until Obama. I'm not taking that kind of talk off anyone. And I'm not going to "check my privilege".

Darn, I flunked.

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 4:01 pm

ZenDen wrote:
If you find a problem with me using the word Americans as a synonym for North Americans...too bad.

lol dude you're totally freaking out aren't ya? i don't even know where to begin, so i'll just stick to the statement above: it didn't even cross my mind. if you were reading what i say at all, you would have noticed that i myself also use the word "americans" to mean "u.s. citizens". you utterly and completely fail to grasp what i'm talking about. i'm saying that "your nation" and/or "your national state" and/or "your government" (aka "the u.s.") aren't the same thing as "you" (aka "the american people"). and you (meaning you specifically and individually) just don't seem to make up your mind if you want to be identified with it or dissociated from it

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 4:10 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Do YOU not see the difference? Yes, I do. After having to get rid of friends that I have had over a quarter of a century who called me racist because I didn't vote Obama in. Bunch of crap. This country has never been as bad with racism as it is now - in my lifetime. Do you realize that my friends and I never even talked about politics until Obama. I have never been called a racist or a Hitler until Obama. I'm not taking that kind of talk off anyone. And I'm not going to "check my privilege".

me neither. you may have noticed that i'm not exactly part of the oppressed ones of my country by any perspective you look at it. and i do get very annoyed (and sometimes worried) about sjw-ism. i absolutely loathe it. but that's not the point. the president-elect has essentially declared (either literally or through very clear implied language) that all muslims are to be feared. it's not on the same level as "being victim of mean sjw's accusing you of being mean". i've been accused of being mean most of my life. i got used to it. it's stressful, but i don't fear for my safety just because of it

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 4:20 pm

nurseangela wrote:

Oh, BS. Please show me the video where Barack Obama calls for a complete shutdown on all immigration of white people, or watchlists for people who regularly attend church. Show me the hate-filled graffiti saying "go back to Europe" on convenience stores and restaurants owned by white people; then you can tell me being a white Christian under Obama is equivalent to being a middle-eastern Muslim under Trump. Until then, we are having a conversation about racism here, and I'll appreciate it if you stop trying to derail it.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 4:25 pm

Barchan wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

If you do, then good luck opening a bank account or a retirement account, or not being presumed a criminal unless every year you file a whole bunch of tax forms to the IRS you'll probably have to hire an accountant for, thanks to policies enacted by Obama and the Dems:

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 4:31 pm

Barchan wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

Oh, BS. Please show me the video where Barack Obama calls for a complete shutdown on all immigration of white people, or watchlists for people who regularly attend church. Show me the hate-filled graffiti saying "go back to Europe" on convenience stores and restaurants owned by white people; then you can tell me being a white Christian under Obama is equivalent to being a middle-eastern Muslim under Trump. Until then, we are having a conversation about racism here, and I'll appreciate it if you stop trying to derail it.

You can't see it because you are looking for racism only against your own race. And we are not UNDER Trump yet. So until Trump has been President for awhile and you have proof of his racism tactics then you can speak. There are plenty of racial white remarks under the Obama's and Clinton - so many that if you can't see it then I can't help you.

Darn, I flunked.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 4:43 pm

anagram wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

me neither. you may have noticed that i'm not exactly part of the oppressed ones of my country by any perspective you look at it. and i do get very annoyed (and sometimes worried) about sjw-ism. i absolutely loathe it. but that's not the point. the president-elect has essentially declared (either literally or through very clear implied language) that all muslims are to be feared. it's not on the same level as "being victim of mean sjw's accusing you of being mean". i've been accused of being mean most of my life. i got used to it. it's stressful, but i don't fear for my safety just because of it

Y saying we shouldn't allow people from known terroirst harbor if nations to freely come into our natio. Without being vetted. Omg no how dare we not allow terrorist inton the USA.

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 4:45 pm

lol alright i guess it was too good to be true. still, it was fairly instructive

i'll leave you guys to it

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 5:21 pm

anagram wrote:
lol alright i guess it was too good to be true. still, it was fairly instructive

i'll leave you guys to it

Ice having a non conversation with you I guess.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

14 Nov 2016, 12:06 am

It is opposed to suck.