:-) Don't mind me :D (you knew this was coming)

Page 3 of 7 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 11:45 pm

sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Boxman108 wrote:
Sorry to say I have not seen much of this tolerance that apparently liberals have some kind of monopoly on.

It's been liberals who have always championed rights for racial minorities, LGBT people, workers, the disabled, poor people, etc, as opposed to conservatives who have always opposed the rights being extended to those Americans I've listed. Are liberals to be called intolerant for being intolerant of intolerance?

Only so long as they do as they're told and agree with the liberals ideas otherwise liberals attack them.

Who says liberals will attack them?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 11:54 pm

Boxman108 wrote:
When you make sweeping generalizations based on political parties and demographics and claim to speak for other groups you are not a part of, that is intolerance and hypocrisy. When you grow up and realize you have no right to be a champion for anyone but yourself, then perhaps you won't put everyone else in a box. It is incredibly destructive to convince people who are relatively well off that they will only ever be victims.

Unlike too many conservatives, who believe the Randian line of crap that we are all just autonomous individuals, I happen to believe we are a society where we all ultimately need to rely on each other. Speaking up for people who are not given the same rights as the majority is in accordance to that. Incidentally, I'm as poor as dirt, and I had been raised in a blue collar, union household, so I am representing my own interests, as working people and the poor were on my list.
And grow up? I'm fifty, so if I'm not grown up by now, it aint ever going to happen. Growing up is overrated, anyway.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 11:58 pm

Darmok wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Boxman108 wrote:
Sorry to say I have not seen much of this tolerance that apparently liberals have some kind of monopoly on.

I don't see much tolerance coming from your side either.
https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/201 ... ection-day

all hearsay bs with zero proof, everyone has cameras these days but none of these are captured? Come on. I know that one they mentioned in Louisiana was verified a hoax, the woman admitted it when the cops actually investigate it. A lot of these hoaxers think they can fake these incidents for god knows what purpose that allege a crime then it actually gets investigated and exposed as the liars they are. There are a lot idiots out there of every stripe and it is the media as well professional agitators that are the real force force behind the unrest. Follow the money, a lot of this comes from George Soros. Soros is trying to start color revolution here or something, this demon has his finger in pretty much every hot spot in the world. Soros is essentially an international terrorist, Russia actually has an warrant for his arrest and I would love to see him handed over to Putin because it is a fate he deserves.

And it should be noted that the SPLC is itself a hate group, run by "millionaire huckster Morris Dees," who invents hate crimes and whips people into a frenzy so they will send him money. He's exactly like a con artist preacher selling salvation and promising that if you give him money (for his gold-plated cadillac) he will curse the Devil and keep him away.

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/prin ... grpid=6989

I took a look at your link, and easily came to the conclusion that this is in fact an alt right hate site, and has zero credibility.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 1:32 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

Your posting history, to start?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 1:34 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Boxman108 wrote:

It's been liberals who have always championed rights for racial minorities, LGBT people, workers, the disabled, poor people, etc, as opposed to conservatives who have always opposed the rights being extended to those Americans I've listed. Are liberals to be called intolerant for being intolerant of intolerance?

Only so long as they do as they're told and agree with the liberals ideas otherwise liberals attack them.

They do attack them. Because they don't walk the liberal line. Which means agreeing with all liberal polices even if they hurt you. Like guns, well,your just s traitor to your race. Don't think illegal immigrants should be in this country your a self hating Hispanic and so on. Like some rich white people can tell blacks, hispanics, gays, or disabled people how to be who they are.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 2:20 am

sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Boxman108 wrote:

They do attack them. Because they don't walk the liberal line. Which means agreeing with all liberal polices even if they hurt you. Like guns, well,your just s traitor to your race. Don't think illegal immigrants should be in this country your a self hating Hispanic and so on. Like some rich white people can tell blacks, hispanics, gays, or disabled people how to be who they are.

I am critical of someone like Clarence Thomas, who is a dickhole, but I'm hardly going to call him a traitor to his race because he believes abhorrent things that can potentially hurt others. Otherwise, I could care less if he's a black conservative.
Are there liberals who are smug and overbearing? Of course, but there are also conservatives who are bigoted and overbearing. How many conservatives and libertarians here are willing to make that admission?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 2:29 am

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Your posting history, to start?

Being critical of people who believe things I disagree with is hardly attacking them. How is that any different from how you are critical of those who disagree with you?
Yes, I disagree with black and Latino conservatives, but if anything, I'm far more critical of white working class people - who essentially are of the class I grew up in - who fell for Raygun's line of bullsh*t and turned their backs on organized labor, the very institutions that had been responsible for them to have a middle class lifestyle. And yes they did, as my dad had been a grievance man (shop steward), and he saw first hand how they stabbed their best friend (organized labor) in the back for "morning in America."

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 2:31 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
How many conservatives and libertarians here are willing to make that admission?

Plenty, and they're much nastier about it too. However, conservatives and libertarians don't present themselves as beacons of tolerance and constantly pat themselves on the back about how accepting they are while simultaneously labeling everyone who disagrees with them as deplorable bigots. Liberals don't have a monopoly on hypocrisy, but it isn't from lack of trying.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 2:35 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Being critical of people who believe things I disagree with is hardly attacking them. How is that any different from how you are critical of those who disagree with you?

I tend to regard people who disagree with me as misinformed and/or misguided, you call them bigots and class traitors.

Kraichgauer wrote:
Yes, I disagree with black and Latino conservatives, but if anything, I'm far more critical of white working class people - who essentially are of the class I grew up in - who fell for Raygun's line of bullsh*t and turned their backs on organized labor, the very institutions that had been responsible for them to have a middle class lifestyle. And yes they did, as my dad had been a grievance man (shop steward), and he saw first hand how they stabbed their best friend (organized labor) in the back for "morning in America."

You can't help but prove me right, even when arguing with me.

Also, do you and the Blabs ever get tired of the name calling? "Raygun", "The Rump", "Shrub", "Cruz the Ooz"; it's kind of juvenile, and when you do it Every Single Time it causes one to draw some unfortunate conclusions about you.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 2:50 am

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I tend to regard people who disagree with me as misinformed and/or misguided, you call them bigots and class traitors.

Kraichgauer wrote:

You can't help but prove me right, even when arguing with me.

Also, do you and the Blabs ever get tired of the name calling? "Raygun", "The Rump", "Shrub", "Cruz the Ooz"; it's kind of juvenile, and when you do it Every Single Time it causes one to draw some unfortunate conclusions about you.

Plenty of Trump supporters called Clinton names that would possibly get me banned if I repeated that sort of vulgar language. Maybe we are juvenile, but at least we're not vulgar.
And I don't call those ungrateful union members of my dad's day class traitors, I call them ingrates who were not only foolishly destroying their own futures, but the futures of other working people who stuck with the only institution they could ever really count on. You know those working class people who Trump appealed to with promises of bringing back the halcyon days? Well, they were only in that desperate position because of those ingrate union members who fell for RAYGUN and his trickle down nonsense, a choice on their part that left my dad heart broken. So forgive me if I'm not all that forgiving when it comes to those people who shot not only themselves, but everyone else in the foot back then.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 2:58 am

And by the way, I don't call people who disagree with me deplorable bigots, I only call deplorable bigots deplorable bigots. So called "poll watchers" who harassed racial minorities when they went to vote, or who vandalized largely black schools with swastikas and Trump slogans, and other such trash are the ones I call deplorable bigots. I have neighbors who I very much like who were Trump supporters, and I'd never call them deplorable bigots because they think such wastes of working organs who committed such actions are also deplorable bigots.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 3:10 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
And by the way, I don't call people who disagree with me deplorable bigots, I only call deplorable bigots deplorable bigots. So called "poll watchers" who harassed racial minorities when they went to vote, or who vandalized largely black schools with swastikas and Trump slogans, and other such trash are the ones I call deplorable bigots. I have neighbors who I very much like who were Trump supporters, and I'd never call them deplorable bigots because they think such wastes of working organs who committed such actions are also deplorable bigots.

It's rather like you're waving a favourite toy around.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 5:57 am

adifferentname wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

It's rather like you're waving a favourite toy around.

I'm glad my posts inspire images of movement and action. I consider that a compliment even if you didn't intend it as such. :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 6:19 am

when are American sheeple ever gonna learn that NOTHING ever trickles down from up high, other than woes and rain? people STILL think that coddling the wealthy will make them more generous to the rest of us when that has NEVER substantially been the case. we coddled the richies in the 80s only for them to ship out jobs, never to return.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 7:01 am

auntblabby wrote:
when are American sheeple ever gonna learn that NOTHING ever trickles down from up high, other than woes and rain? people STILL think that coddling the wealthy will make them more generous to the rest of us when that has NEVER substantially been the case. we coddled the richies in the 80s only for them to ship out jobs, never to return.

If the definition of insanity is someone doing something over and over that doesn't work, but expecting different results, then the right are truly off their rockers.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 7:02 am

^^^they can be off their rockers all they want except when it screws me and mine over in the process.