Electors are wavering in their support for Donald Trump

Page 1 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 6:33 pm

If you don't want to see a Donald Trump presidency, you are being urged to write your electors in the Electoral College and tell them not to cast their vote for Trump. There is something you can do! Google for a list of Electors!

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 6:42 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
If you don't want to see a Donald Trump presidency, you are being urged to write your electors in the Electoral College and tell them not to cast their vote for Trump. There is something you can do! Google for a list of Electors!

Ummm....I think it's already a done deal.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 6:49 pm

Actually it isn't. There is still time to write your electors. Anyone who doesn't want Trump to be President, a movement is occurring right now. Write to the Electoral College members and tell them your concerns and who you voted for. Donald Trump did not have a majority in the populous and your votes and opinions do matter. Don't let anyone discourage you from writing.

Thank you!

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 6:58 pm

It's true, this can be done. The electors don't actually cast their vote until December. It's highly unlikely enough of them could be persuaded to change but technically this is actually a "thing" that's possible.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 7:11 pm

The only way you're ever going to find out is to try and that's better than sitting around worrying and might even accomplish more than protesting. Besides if Trump gets inaugurated there will be four years to protest in at the very least. I say give it a try! This could work.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 7:17 pm

For most states, federal electors are also members of Congress, governors, lieutenant governors, mayors of large cities, legislators and important business leaders. If any of them choose to bolt from the electoral mandates that their constituents and citizens have made clear, they would end up with a very short political career. Look for almost all but the most renegade of electors to affirm the will of the people.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 7:18 pm

Yeah screw the people of your state and how they voted and risk going to jail and fines in those states that punish such actions.

Just accept it Trumps our president omg people. It's not the end of the world. We did our 8 years now you do your 8 years.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 7:22 pm

It's still interesting to note that technically this exists even if it would never happen, for all the reasons stated.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 7:27 pm

BirdInFlight wrote:
It's still interesting to note that technically this exists even if it would never happen, for all the reasons stated.

True. But, I wonder if the ability to vote against the electoral college is, in practice, a two-month fail-safe measure to protect against a president-elect who goes on an intellectual bender immediately after the election, but before the inauguration.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 7:32 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
BirdInFlight wrote:

True. But, I wonder if the ability to vote against the electoral college is, in practice, a two-month fail-safe measure to protect against a president-elect who goes on an intellectual bender immediately after the election, but before the inauguration.

Probably same reason the president isn't in office til Jan it took weeks or months to cross the conttry by horse to D.C. Otherwise they'd likely been in office the next day.
Stuff use to take longer to do.

There's been s few cases where electors voted a different way then their state did and it didn't change the outcome other the. Some states made it illegal.

Mean what this thread suggests is so undemocratic. That people from California or New York or other libal dominated states are suggesting that other states electors ignore the will of the people they there to represent and instead vote how California wants. It's like CNN. Telling senators to vote against their people's interests. As they told CNN, we represent the people from our state, we do as they voted not how we or others want.

Imagine if California electors decided to change California vote to trump.
My state is blue and if I was an elector no matter how much I despise Clinton I'd vote for her. It's not my vote it's the hundreds of thousands of people i there to represent vote.
That's how a republic works, the USA is a republic you should have been taught this in school.

Thank god I finished school before liberals turned it from education to brainwashing. The stuff I hear kids say their teachers taught them now is crazy batshit lies

Last edited by sly279 on 11 Nov 2016, 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 7:36 pm

You guys don't like it because you are OK with Trump but this is for the ones who are not and whom there are many. They have the right to write to Electors, voicing their concerns and urging them to carefully consider what kind of character Trump has. People have rights in this country. It's America. We are a culture of openness where freedom of expression is allowed.

Now please. Let the ones who oppose him have their say.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 7:45 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

If I understood this, I would do it but because I don't understand this is all too vague for me to do. Like I wouldn't know how to write to them or where to look or what to type in for google to write them.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 7:46 pm

Oh my God.

We are having this exact same thing happen in the UK. We have people who will not accept a democratic result because they do not agree with the decision. They really should be ashamed of themselves. Look, if you do not like democracy, don't worry about moving to Canada, go and live in North Korea or Saudi Arabia (who Hillary Clinton loves and has taken millions from).

Also, if a democratic result is overturned there will be riots like you have never ever seen. You Ana are inciting violence.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 7:50 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
You guys don't like it because you are OK with Trump but this is for the ones who are not and whom there are many. They have the right to write to Electors, voicing their concerns and urging them to carefully consider what kind of character Trump has. People have rights in this country. It's America. We are a culture of openness where freedom of expression is allowed.

Would you have done the same if Clinton had been elected? She laughs about getting a child rapist's sentence reduced, laughs about killing people and destroying Libya, laughs about the prospect of going to war with Iran. And if it's the Mexican thing, she spoke of building a wall to keep Mexicans out 10 years ago, and don't think she changes her mind, she has been exposed via Wikileaks saying she has one face for private and a different one for the public. Wake up.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 7:58 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

Ok I'll write your electors and tell them to vote trump despit your states results.
How does that make you feel ? Why could you or anyone else have a right to meddle in other states votes?

Also from what I understand the electors are suppose to be anonymous and identies kept secret to prevent them being threaten or bribed to vote against their stat population decision.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 8:01 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
For most states, federal electors are also members of Congress, governors, lieutenant governors, mayors of large cities, legislators and important business leaders. If any of them choose to bolt from the electoral mandates that their constituents and citizens have made clear, they would end up with a very short political career. Look for almost all but the most renegade of electors to affirm the will of the people.

Electors cannot be members of Congress (U.S. Const., Art II, Sect. 1):

Quote:
...no Senator or Representative, or person holding an office of trust or profit under the United States, shall be appointed an elector

I'm not sure if this prohibition applies to members of state government, however.