Trump names white nationalist to top White House position

Page 3 of 8 [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

18 Nov 2016, 6:22 pm

Its just more lies, it's ridiculous. People are grasping at 20 year old dismissed charges of domestic violence and if you read the report, it sounds like both of them probably should of been arrested if anyone at all(spitting at somebody is assault & battery) They grasp at that because none of these charges of 'white nationalism' or antisemitism is based on any truth.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2016, 6:29 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Its just more lies, it's ridiculous. People are grasping at 20 year old dismissed charges of domestic violence and if you read the report, it sounds like both of them probably should of been arrested if anyone at all(spitting at somebody is assault & battery) They grasp at that because none of these charges of 'white nationalism' or antisemitism is based on any truth.

No but he sure does like to use terms like "dyke" and stuff and that is actually found in recordings of him on radio shows. Another scumbag, not even surprised.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2016, 6:40 pm

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2016, 6:49 pm

Feyokien wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

No but he sure does like to use terms like "dyke" and stuff and that is actually found in recordings of him on radio shows. Another scumbag, not even surprised.

And the context of that is Bannon opposing the sexist liberal media maligning of conservative women which progressives all went along with and continue to do. The lack of self awareness and double standards are why progressives have lost credibility in this country, they do all this moralizing but still can't live by their own rules.

It really comes down to the fact Bannon is a winner, he isn't a lose by design fake conservative like the establishment Republicans of the past. The Trump administration will not be fighting with one arm behind it's back, Trump will not surrender before the battle has been waged. All they can do now is to lie and lie and lie.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2016, 7:00 pm

In response to Bannon's appointment ...

-"I think that's excellent," said former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke.

-"I think it's amazing", said Peter Brimelow, who runs the white nationalist site VDARE.

-"I suspect one of Steve Bannon's important functions will be as an anti-waffler, who will encourage President Trump to keep his campaign promises." said Jared Taylor, who runs the site American Renaissance (white nationalist) website.

- "Perhaps The Donald IS for 'REAL' " said Rocky J. Suhayda,Chairman of the American Nazi Party.

- "Steve Bannon might even push Trump in the right direction. So that would be a wonderful thing," said Richard B. Spencer, the president of the white nationalist National Policy Institute.

- "He will be an instrument of Trump's will" said Brad Griffin, a blogger who runs the white nationalist website Occidental Dissent.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/14/politics/ ... on-bannon/

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2016, 7:10 pm

CNN is a propaganda news outlet and the primary promoter of these white supremacists they claim to oppose, guilt by non-association. Remember it is CNN that works for the military industrial complex, they are among the fascists who lied us into Iraq. Obama is right, we need to be a lot more discriminating towards 'fake news' and those that were complicit in the rigging of the Democratic primary and attempted rigging of the general election do not qualify as 'real news'.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2016, 7:19 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Feyokien wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

And the context of that is Bannon opposing the sexist liberal media maligning of conservative women which progressives all went along with and continue to do. The lack of self awareness and double standards are why progressives have lost credibility in this country, they do all this moralizing but still can't live by their own rules.

It really comes down to the fact Bannon is a winner, he isn't a lose by design fake conservative like the establishment Republicans of the past. The Trump administration will not be fighting with one arm behind it's back, Trump will not surrender before the battle has been waged. All they can do now is to lie and lie and lie.

Bannon is a scumbag and there's really no way to discredit that for me. It's a matter of personal opinion, I've heard him actually speak, not some new stories summary of "what he said " with some spin, good or bad.

As for the double standards I wholeheartedly agree with you they are very annoying these people also make me mad. As John Stewart recently put it, Trump supporters and Republicans should not be treated like a monolith. They can't be stereotyped into a single category. I don't think I've made blanket statements about either. You're very defensive Jacoby, calm down. You're acting like everyone is a scheming Illuminati leftist.

Being a winner doesn't make you a good person.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2016, 7:31 pm

Feyokien wrote:
Bannon is a scumbag and there's really no way to discredit that for me. It's a matter of personal opinion, I've heard him actually speak, not some new stories summary of "what he said " with some spin, good or bad.

As for the double standards I wholeheartedly agree with you they are very annoying these people also make me mad. As John Stewart recently put it, Trump supporters and Republicans should not be treated like a monolith. They can't be stereotyped into a single category. I don't think I've made blanket statements about either. You're very defensive Jacoby, calm down. You're acting like everyone is a scheming Illuminati leftist.

Why wouldn't I be defensive when I've been wrongly put into this 'basket of deplorables?' Yes, I take the lies and false associations personally because of what they imply. Bannon is not being nominated for sainthood, his job is to be a political strategist which is a job he has proven himself more than qualified for. Considering the corruption and the war crimes these establishment figures are usually guilty of, I find it hard to care about Bannon's work being offensive.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2016, 8:40 pm

Feyokien wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Feyokien wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

I'm concerned about Bannon's appointment, someone who is at least a fellow traveler of white nationalists. I'm not happy that people are trying to claim he's not connected with this movement, that he's not alt-right, like that whitewashing piece on NPR:

http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/n ... rts-racism

Bannon himself said that his organization Breitbart is "the platform of the alt-right."

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2016, 1:55 am

beneficii wrote:
Feyokien wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Feyokien wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

I'm concerned about Bannon's appointment, someone who is at least a fellow traveler of white nationalists. I'm not happy that people are trying to claim he's not connected with this movement, that he's not alt-right, like that whitewashing piece on NPR:

http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/n ... rts-racism

Bannon himself said that his organization Breitbart is "the platform of the alt-right."

This NPR interview with Richard Spencer, founder of the alt-right movement, talks about the ideals of the alt-right, which are that race should become important and central to policy and that people of different races should be segregated into different communities. Transcript at link:

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/17/502476139 ... nistration

This is the movement Stephen Bannon at the very least sympathizes with, that he spoke proudly as giving a platform for. This sort of thing is what a lot of people have problems with, and what gives many people of color consternation for the future. You cannot expect us to take this lying down.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2016, 3:06 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
He sounds perfect for the job.

He'll help Trump develop plans to round up millions of brown-skin people.
He'll help Trump pick anti-abortion/anti-LGBT SCOTUS justices.
He'll help Trump in kicking poor minorities off of welfare programs

I can't tell if you're just being sarcastic, or if you've just broken out your swastika armband.

Just the straight truth.

Bannon seems very qualified for what Trump intends to do.

-"Donald Trump plans to immediately deport 2 million to 3 million undocumented immigrants"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... mmigrants/

-"Trump’s Potential SCOTUS Pick Has Said Crazy Awful Things About Queer People"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/don ... 512f81176d

- "Trump: "Food stamps should be temporary; not a decade on the dole"
"Apply welfare-to-work to 76 other welfare programs"
http://www.ontheissues.org/celeb/Donald ... overty.htm

Assuming that you are being serious, you don't have a problem with Trump and his minions like Bannon hurting dark skinned and gay people?

You appear to be arguing that Trump should hire someone who isn't qualified in the "alt-right" objectives that Trump wants to accomplish?

I see the emotional appeal, however, examination of that logic does not make sense to me.

Trump should hire the best person for the job.

Sort of like Hitler hiring Heinrich Himmler to carry out the Holocaust for him?
And before you jump on me for comparing Trump to Hitler, if he actually does live up to his and Bannon's rhetoric, then he deserves it.
Please, please tell me you're just f*cking with me, and that you don't want Bannon to be the next Himmler.

Straight up truth.

Yes, Bannon's fervent beliefs in white nationalism provides him the fortitude to do Trump's dirty work.

A lesser qualified candidate may buckle when having to rip apart illegal families, or cut poor blacks off of welfare, or put hateful people in positions of power.

I still hope you're trying to f*ck with me.
Thing is, Bannon and the alt right fanatics he procured are not trying to f*ck with any of us, but are 100% serious about what they have in store for America.
Recall how Germany's modern history is regarded by the world. Now, imagine Americans being ashamed by their own history if Trump's supporters are to be believed literally.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2016, 3:07 am

Boudewijn wrote:
Big wow, “liberal” outlets and “conservative” outlets are attacking the same guy. Instead of automatically taking this to mean that their claims are true, perhaps you might instead take it as evidence that maybe these media outlets have certain shared agendas behind their “liberal” and “conservative” facades, agendas that are pushed by singling out public figures and engaging in co-ordinated attacks against them.

That's great, except that they don't really have much reason to have this shared agenda unless there is some conspiracy theory going around. We can get into this, but... I really don't think this is necessary, especially since it is uncontroversial that he's associated with the alt-right and that the alt-right is fairly white nationalist by even their own accounts.

Quote:
What does Bannon being “up to his guts in White Nationalism” even mean anyway?

.... it apparently means you have difficulty parsing metaphors.

Quote:
The most either of your articles could say was that Bannon “has provided a forum for people who spend their days photoshopping pictures of conservatives into ovens”. You might as well say the same about Twitter or 4chan. Neither of your articles present any evidence that Bannon actually supports White Nationalism, and if you think they do you either need to learn what White Nationalism is or practice your reading comprehension, or both.

Breitbart is a news source, not a forum. It employs people. Many of these people go on there to post overtly racist things.

I mean, this isn't hard. It isn't a legitimate point of controversy. It's pretty much a consensus among everybody who isn't planning on apologetics for this sort of insane nonsense.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2016, 3:08 am

i'm reminded of the phrase, "the banality of evil."

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2016, 3:12 am

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
Boudewijn wrote:
Big wow, “liberal” outlets and “conservative” outlets are attacking the same guy. Instead of automatically taking this to mean that their claims are true, perhaps you might instead take it as evidence that maybe these media outlets have certain shared agendas behind their “liberal” and “conservative” facades, agendas that are pushed by singling out public figures and engaging in co-ordinated attacks against them.

That's great, except that they don't really have much reason to have this shared agenda unless there is some conspiracy theory going around. We can get into this, but... I really don't think this is necessary, especially since it is uncontroversial that he's associated with the alt-right and that the alt-right is fairly white nationalist by even their own accounts.

Quote:
What does Bannon being “up to his guts in White Nationalism” even mean anyway?

.... it apparently means you have difficulty parsing metaphors.

Quote:
The most either of your articles could say was that Bannon “has provided a forum for people who spend their days photoshopping pictures of conservatives into ovens”. You might as well say the same about Twitter or 4chan. Neither of your articles present any evidence that Bannon actually supports White Nationalism, and if you think they do you either need to learn what White Nationalism is or practice your reading comprehension, or both.

Breitbart is a news source, not a forum. It employs people. Many of these people go on there to post overtly racist things.

I mean, this isn't hard. It isn't a legitimate point of controversy. It's pretty much a consensus among everybody who isn't planning on apologetics for this sort of insane nonsense.

Funny how conservatives are either apologizing for Bannon's - and by extension, Trump's - racism, or are pleading ignorance. What's worse is how Trump has chosen that inbred racist cracker, Jeff Sessions, as his Attorney General.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2016, 3:13 am

history may not exactly repeat itself, but it surely rhymes.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2016, 3:15 am

auntblabby wrote:
history may not exactly repeat itself, but it surely rhymes.

Unfortunately, I think you're right.