Trump names white nationalist to top White House position

Page 4 of 8 [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 99,790
Location: the island of defective toy santas

19 Nov 2016, 3:17 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
history may not exactly repeat itself, but it surely rhymes.


Unfortunately, I think you're right.

and few other people seem to get it. :shrug:



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,180
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

19 Nov 2016, 3:48 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
history may not exactly repeat itself, but it surely rhymes.


Unfortunately, I think you're right.

and few other people seem to get it. :shrug:


Those too dumb to understand history are doomed to repeat it.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,694
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

19 Nov 2016, 3:49 am

:roll: :roll:

There's not going to be a holocaust.


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,180
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

19 Nov 2016, 3:57 am

Raptor wrote:
:roll: :roll:

There's not going to be a holocaust.


Probably not. But there could be families ripped apart, as people who have been born American citizens see their parents sent away. Or clear discrimination might be the name of the game regarding which religion and ethnicity we allow into our country - thereby condemning millions of innocent people to death because they have no where to escape to. Included in how Americans are already being physically bullied and attacked for their religion or skin color. No, there probably won't be another Holocaust, but that doesn't mean what people of the wrong color, national origin, or religion will have it easy. No Americans should have to go through that sh*t.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,694
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

19 Nov 2016, 4:08 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
:roll: :roll:

There's not going to be a holocaust.


Probably not. But there could be families ripped apart, as people who have been born American citizens see their parents sent away. Or clear discrimination might be the name of the game regarding which religion and ethnicity we allow into our country - thereby condemning millions of innocent people to death because they have no where to escape to. Included in how Americans are already being physically bullied and attacked for their religion or skin color. No, there probably won't be another Holocaust, but that doesn't mean what people of the wrong color, national origin, or religion will have it easy. No Americans should have to go through that sh*t.


You're either in the country legally or illegally. Period.
And lately we've been having some Trump supporters bullied and attacked by sore butthurt losers.

PS: I thought for sure I'd be under another boycott after my last reply to you in that other thread.


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,180
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

19 Nov 2016, 5:49 am

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
:roll: :roll:

There's not going to be a holocaust.


Probably not. But there could be families ripped apart, as people who have been born American citizens see their parents sent away. Or clear discrimination might be the name of the game regarding which religion and ethnicity we allow into our country - thereby condemning millions of innocent people to death because they have no where to escape to. Included in how Americans are already being physically bullied and attacked for their religion or skin color. No, there probably won't be another Holocaust, but that doesn't mean what people of the wrong color, national origin, or religion will have it easy. No Americans should have to go through that sh*t.


You're either in the country legally or illegally. Period.
And lately we've been having some Trump supporters bullied and attacked by sore butthurt losers.

PS: I thought for sure I'd be under another boycott after my last reply to you in that other thread.


There have been far more bad winners who have been attacking liberals, blacks, Latinos, gays, and others.
And I'll remind you, I responded to your last post politely. Otherwise, you have no reason to talk to me or Blabby if all you have to offer are insults.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 63
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,230
Location: Long Island, New York

19 Nov 2016, 6:35 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
What's worse is how Trump has chosen that inbred racist cr****r, Jeff Sessions, as his Attorney General.

When criticizing others for being racist it behooves one not to use language that stereotypes a group of people in this case inbred cr****r which are negative stereotypes of rural Southern Americans.


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person. - Sara Luterman


Boudewijn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 3 Dec 2014
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 29

19 Nov 2016, 7:44 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
What's worse is how Trump has chosen that inbred racist cr****r, Jeff Sessions, as his Attorney General.

When criticizing others for being racist it behooves one not to use language that stereotypes a group of people in this case inbred cr****r which are negative stereotypes of rural Southern Americans.


A quick search will reveal Kraichgauer has made several posts before referring to "inbred crackers", despite the, er, "irony" of this being pointed out to him.

It just goes to show that people like him have no principles - they just have narratives.



Boudewijn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 3 Dec 2014
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 29

19 Nov 2016, 7:48 am

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
Boudewijn wrote:
Big wow, “liberal” outlets and “conservative” outlets are attacking the same guy. Instead of automatically taking this to mean that their claims are true, perhaps you might instead take it as evidence that maybe these media outlets have certain shared agendas behind their “liberal” and “conservative” facades, agendas that are pushed by singling out public figures and engaging in co-ordinated attacks against them.

That's great, except that they don't really have much reason to have this shared agenda unless there is some conspiracy theory going around.


Christ, you really are naive, but that’s par for the course on this forum. Can you not think of any other interest groups in society beyond “liberals” and “conservatives”? Can you not even imagine that some people have other group loyalties they care more about than the “liberal” or “conservative” labels that mean so much to people like you?

It’s pretty annoying knowing that if I spelled it out for you I’d just get my post removed.

I assume though that if I won’t be permitted to spell it out to you I’ll at least be allowed to point out that90% of the American media is owned by 6 corporations.

But keep droning on about “conspiracy theories” if it makes you feel smart.

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
We can get into this, but... I really don't think this is necessary, especially since it is uncontroversial that he's associated with the alt-right and that the alt-right is fairly white nationalist by even their own accounts.


No, white nationalists are just a subset of the alt-right. The alt-right is a loose conglomeration also containing paleoconservatives, Asian-worshipping IQ-fetishists, anti-feminists and conviction-free anti-SJW and anti-PC trolls.

Many people who are becoming disillusioned with the mainstream right (having already rejected the mainstream left) are gravitating towards the alt-right (hence the name “alt-right”), and the groups within the alt-right are competing with each other to define what exactly the alt-right is (as opposed to merely saying what it is not).

In short, someone like Bannon declaring himself or his website to be alt-right does not make him a White Nationalist.

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
Quote:
What does Bannon being “up to his guts in White Nationalism” even mean anyway?

.... it apparently means you have difficulty parsing metaphors.


I know this is an aspie forum, but you don’t need to explain the concept of a metaphor for me, unless you’re that desperate to make yourself look smart. I asked you what your statement meant, and you didn’t answer the question. Does it mean he supports White Nationalism? Or rather that some of the people he employs do? Or rather that some of the anonymous commenters on his website do? Do you even know?

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
Quote:
The most either of your articles could say was that Bannon “has provided a forum for people who spend their days photoshopping pictures of conservatives into ovens”. You might as well say the same about Twitter or 4chan. Neither of your articles present any evidence that Bannon actually supports White Nationalism, and if you think they do you either need to learn what White Nationalism is or practice your reading comprehension, or both.

Breitbart is a news source, not a forum.


It’s a news and opinion website with a comments section. If you object to the word ‘forum’ take it up with Ian Tuttle, who wrote that National Review article you linked to.

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
It employs people. Many of these people go on there to post overtly racist things.


Like what? Stories about non-white crimes that the mainstream media have ignored? Unflattering generalizations about non-whites? Yeah, I know. That doesn’t make them White Nationalists. Do you even understand this? White Nationalism is about creating homogenous White homelands. Has Breitbart’s website come out in support of this? No it hasn’t. Now that Bannon is about to become one of the most powerful people in America, has he come out in open support of White Nationalism himself? No, he hasn’t.

But I suppose these distinctions are difficult for the sort of people who have a hissy fit when they hear a conservative talking about “Western culture” or “Muslim terrorists” or “Mexican criminals” and so on.

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
I mean, this isn't hard. It isn't a legitimate point of controversy. It's pretty much a consensus among everybody who isn't planning on apologetics for this sort of insane nonsense.


Seems like it’s hard for you.



Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,958
Location: Canada

19 Nov 2016, 8:19 am

I wonder if this is his way of keeping his eye on enemies. The titles are impressive but what exactly is the job description? Looks like, in the past, it was defined by the President from time to time. So there's no power that goes with the fancy title. If you want to disable somebody, appoint him right next to you and micromanage (even by 3rd party).



redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Apr 2012
Age: 58
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,009
Location: Seattle, WA

19 Nov 2016, 11:34 am

At this point, Trump and his ilk can walk down the street with the heads of immigrants, blacks and gay people on sticks and his constituents would say those minorities made that happen to themselves.

Trump can convince me he'll do the right thing in America by hiring minorities to important posts in his cabinet. And by minorities, I don't mean left-handed white men or white men who graduated from state colleges as opposed to Harvard, Yale and so on.

I REFUSE to believe there are unqualified minorities for important cabinet positions in Trump's administration.



Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,694
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

19 Nov 2016, 1:00 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
:roll: :roll:

There's not going to be a holocaust.


Probably not. But there could be families ripped apart, as people who have been born American citizens see their parents sent away. Or clear discrimination might be the name of the game regarding which religion and ethnicity we allow into our country - thereby condemning millions of innocent people to death because they have no where to escape to. Included in how Americans are already being physically bullied and attacked for their religion or skin color. No, there probably won't be another Holocaust, but that doesn't mean what people of the wrong color, national origin, or religion will have it easy. No Americans should have to go through that sh*t.


You're either in the country legally or illegally. Period.
And lately we've been having some Trump supporters bullied and attacked by sore butthurt losers.

PS: I thought for sure I'd be under another boycott after my last reply to you in that other thread.


There have been far more bad winners who have been attacking liberals, blacks, Latinos, gays, and others.

Didn't say there weren't just that the liberals, the ones that love to preach about diversity and tolerance, havent been playing nice since thier loss last week.

Quote:
And I'll remind you, I responded to your last post politely. Otherwise, you have no reason to talk to me or Blabby if all you have to offer are insults.

No, you didnt reply to my last because I just looked.


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,694
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

19 Nov 2016, 1:06 pm

Boudewijn wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
What's worse is how Trump has chosen that inbred racist cr****r, Jeff Sessions, as his Attorney General.

When criticizing others for being racist it behooves one not to use language that stereotypes a group of people in this case inbred cr****r which are negative stereotypes of rural Southern Americans.


A quick search will reveal Kraichgauer has made several posts before referring to "inbred crackers", despite the, er, "irony" of this being pointed out to him.

It just goes to show that people like him have no principles - they just have narratives.


He's been hounded for years about his narrative but to no avail.


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,030
Location: New England

19 Nov 2016, 1:22 pm

Raptor wrote:
Boudewijn wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
What's worse is how Trump has chosen that inbred racist cr****r, Jeff Sessions, as his Attorney General.

When criticizing others for being racist it behooves one not to use language that stereotypes a group of people in this case inbred cr****r which are negative stereotypes of rural Southern Americans.


A quick search will reveal Kraichgauer has made several posts before referring to "inbred crackers", despite the, er, "irony" of this being pointed out to him.

It just goes to show that people like him have no principles - they just have narratives.


He's been hounded for years about his narrative but to no avail.


If you watch the political landscape for a while, you quickly discover that the most sexist people are the loud anti-sexists, and the most racist people are the loud anti-racists.


_________________
 
There Are Four Lights!


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 99,790
Location: the island of defective toy santas

19 Nov 2016, 1:56 pm

...and here I thought that it couldn't possibly get any worse than karl rove.... 8O



Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Dec 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,157
Location: Omnipresent

19 Nov 2016, 2:48 pm

Boudewijn wrote:
Christ, you really are naive, but that’s par for the course on this forum. Can you not think of any other interest groups in society beyond “liberals” and “conservatives”? Can you not even imagine that some people have other group loyalties they care more about than the “liberal” or “conservative” labels that mean so much to people like you?

It’s pretty annoying knowing that if I spelled it out for you I’d just get my post removed.

I get the feeling that if your idea would remove itself, it's probably absurd/terrible.

There is no doubt that there are other group loyalties in existence, but partisanship is a major loyalty in the US. Past that, I wouldn't take something like the Protocols of the Elders of Zion as a good source.

Quote:
90% of the American media is owned by 6 corporations[/u].

But keep droning on about “conspiracy theories” if it makes you feel smart.

LOL. We're currently talking about the National Review, which is privately held. Regardless, your statement that some companies hold other companies still doesn't justify anything.

Quote:
No, white nationalists are just a subset of the alt-right. The alt-right is a loose conglomeration also containing paleoconservatives, Asian-worshipping IQ-fetishists, anti-feminists and conviction-free anti-SJW and anti-PC trolls.

Many people who are becoming disillusioned with the mainstream right (having already rejected the mainstream left) are gravitating towards the alt-right (hence the name “alt-right”), and the groups within the alt-right are competing with each other to define what exactly the alt-right is (as opposed to merely saying what it is not).

In short, someone like Bannon declaring himself or his website to be alt-right does not make him a White Nationalist.

I don't think that in practice, this is going to make a big difference for any complaints about Bannon. Given that what currently is in the space of being "alt-right", also includes things that do literally and overtly transgress the traditional lines of what is acceptable behavior.

If you're trying to walk this back from "white nationalist" to "nationalist who just happens to be racist/willing to promote racism", I don't have a strong objection, but I'm not that concerned with splitting hairs on something terrible.
http://qz.com/841036/is-steve-bannon-a-white-supremacist-trumps-advisor-wants-to-rebrand-racism-as-american-nationalism/

Quote:
I know this is an aspie forum, but you don’t need to explain the concept of a metaphor for me, unless you’re that desperate to make yourself look smart. I asked you what your statement meant, and you didn’t answer the question. Does it mean he supports White Nationalism? Or rather that some of the people he employs do? Or rather that some of the anonymous commenters on his website do? Do you even know?

It means that he has strong affiliations with the concept.

Quote:
It’s a news and opinion website with a comments section. If you object to the word ‘forum’ take it up with Ian Tuttle, who wrote that National Review article you linked to.

Ian Tuttle's use of the word and your implication by comparing it to 4chan really is a bit of mischaracterization, because of the whole "news source and opinion website" thing.

Quote:
Like what? Stories about non-white crimes that the mainstream media have ignored? Unflattering generalizations about non-whites? Yeah, I know. That doesn’t make them White Nationalists. Do you even understand this? White Nationalism is about creating homogenous White homelands. Has Breitbart’s website come out in support of this? No it hasn’t. Now that Bannon is about to become one of the most powerful people in America, has he come out in open support of White Nationalism himself? No, he hasn’t.

But I suppose these distinctions are difficult for the sort of people who have a hissy fit when they hear a conservative talking about “Western culture” or “Muslim terrorists” or “Mexican criminals” and so on.

*shrug* I really didn't see them as important for the purposes of this thread. I mean, this isn't an amazing defense, as it still doesn't suggest that he should be in the white house or near the levers of power.

As for the last bit, a lot of the time, conservatives use these as dog whistles, but otherwise, they're perfectly acceptable things to talk about. And I hope this doesn't come off as condescending, but... conservative use of these as dog whistles really does undermine the possibility of fruitful conversation. This isn't to say that SJWs aren't toxic either, as they are, but I think they have less power on the left than dogmatism has on the right.(basically, uneven polarization has occurred between the sides)