Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2016, 6:16 am

It will destroy the planet and it's not worth it, but do all the world leaders think that way?

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2016, 6:17 am

A notable conservative host, Joe Scarborough criticized Trump on this.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/03/trump-as ... ports.html

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2016, 6:45 am

Because now other nations have nukes too, this is no longer the WWII when the US was the only nation producing them.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 Nov 2016, 8:47 am

Yeah I thought the hysteria about a war was ridiculous. I don't think either candidate was remotely likely to start an open war with Russia or a nuclear war. Trump was just too honest about the worst-case scenarios where he would be prepared to use a nuke. While his lack of tact and poor temperament are ongoing concerns, I think the leaders of other countries will be sensible enough to rise above it, and he doesn't have such a poor temperament that he'd nuke a country because he felt insulted.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2016, 11:21 am

No one wants a nuclear war?

Really?

Seems like half of the folks on the internet are eager to drop nukes! lol!

But I dont know of any head of state of a country at the moment who talks about "winning a nuclear war".

Even Kim of North Korea seems to be investing in nukes, not to nuke anyone, but to run a protections racket to stay in power. The more advanced his nukes (and the delivery missiles) get the more the outside world will pay him aid money to not build nukes. That way he can get food aid to feed his people so he can stay in power.

I dont know why he would actually want to nuke the US because the US has enough nukes to wipe out entire big countries in its own wieght class (like either China, or Russia), many times over. Retaliating against him taking out one American city on the west coast by wiping out his entire little country would be easier for the US than snuffing out a Lucky. So he has nothing to gain, and everything to loose, by sending a nuke across the Pacific to the US.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2016, 1:16 am

Evangelical Christians seem to have a hard on for nuclear war, as they think it will usher in their beloved millennial reign of Christ which they get from their misreading of Revelations.

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2016, 8:20 am

The next evolutionary step of humans is one of humility - the humility to recognize that no country can be trusted with nuclear weapons for starters. Nuclear deescalation will require global cooperation though and is not a goal that will be achieved anytime soon so long as we have egotistical maniacs like Kim in power.

Trump is better than Kim but not much better. We'd be better off electing Mrs. Fields. She could spend her time in the office baking cookies for us.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2016, 11:24 am

Unusual opinion on nuclear scare --
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmJN-LMPnX0

The overall pattern, so far as I can tell, has been one of proliferation, followed by a disarmament regime.

Is the end goal to have a regime.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2016, 2:02 am

Doesn't matter if anybody wants one, the minute you doubt the possibility and let your guard down is the minute you fall behind the other paranoid plotting pests.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2016, 2:53 am

Cheney had his. Ctrl+f Wikileaks, tactical nukes were dropped on Afghanistan at the very least.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2016, 2:54 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Evangelical Christians seem to have a hard on for nuclear war, as they think it will usher in their beloved millennial reign of Christ which they get from their misreading of Revelations.

Though even the wackiest of them acknowledge it's the absolute worst means to that end.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2016, 2:58 am

cberg wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Though even the wackiest of them acknowledge it's the absolute worst means to that end.

Enough of them still see it as the ultimate wet dream.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2016, 4:15 am

The_Walrus wrote:
Trump was just too honest about the worst-case scenarios where he would be prepared to use a nuke.

Not sure if I'm giving him too much credit here, but that could be a negotiating ploy, establishing himself as crazy enough to do it, so other countries are more likely to give him what he wants.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2016, 4:16 am

I'm roughly 98% sure there are lots of U.N. statutes against that kind of bluff, hence Stuxnet.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2016, 4:35 am

cberg wrote:
I'm roughly 98% sure there are lots of U.N. statutes against that kind of bluff, hence Stuxnet.

Since when has the US cared about the UN? And what does Stuxnet, a US/Israeli worm targeted at Iranian centrifuges have to do with a US president trying to establish himself as a mad dog for negotiating purposes?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2016, 4:45 am

Iran lied about the industrial aims of the whole facility.