Page 25 of 42 [ 672 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 42  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2017, 8:33 am

androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
..."they" but I doubt any mod is going to fall for that.

Do you really want to play the coward's game? It is my idea that Ivanka will end up in jail, not the newspapers. I'm the they you speak of. There is a written record of these posts; oh but that's right, it doesn't matter what one says anymore, because no one means anything they say. Obfuscation is the new meeting point of minds.

Anyway, you are right about my rationality being an issue for me. But I think it is for Trump too.

Don't flatter yourself. When I talk about the irrirrationally of Trump derangement syndrome, I'm always referring to the masses. Considering how insignificant I consider all of Canada to be, why would you think for a minute I'd make you a focal point?

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2017, 8:36 am

Have it your way then.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2017, 10:17 am

Shahunshah wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Don't criticize the US you say. Can we stop the bullcrap seriously. Why not hold a nation accountable for their actions?

Again, with Rwanda (and now, Saddam Hussein)? Sure, hold a nation accountable for its actions, AT THE TIME----but, what does rehashing it, decades later, do? It's like you're bashing us peons over the head with it, to make us do something about it----and, as I've said, before, what can any USAan, here on WP, do about it (singularly or collectively); especially, NOW?

Okay so you have just admitted it is now okay to criticize the USA. Then why is it unfair to criticize the country now when Trump is suspending Muslims and working to end Obamacare. He is doing what many would consider to be bad, why should we turn blind and not discuss it, their is nothing wrong with it. An attack on America's leadership is not an attack on you, it is a justifiable criticism of those at the top nothing more.

Welp, I don't believe it IS "a justifiable criticism", because you don't LIVE, here----again, until you've walked a mile in OUR shoes...! ! IMO, you are basing your OPINION off of other people's opinions (MSM, etc.), and judging something you know very little about----because READING about the U.S.A., is not LIVING in the U.S.A.

As I've said, before, where *I* come-from, people with good manners, ask questions, and they don't just instantly ACCUSE (aka bashing, in this instance). Here's an example.....

GOOD manners:

"President Trump doesn't seem to be doing a very good job. I was just wondering why some of you guys would vote, for him?"

BAD manners:

"It is unfathomable why anybody in the U.S would vote for someone who is so obviously unqualified, stupid, and a liar."

The first example gives people a chance to defend their decision, and helps aid someone in NOT going on the offense. Why should anyone be concerned about aiding someone in not going-on the offense? Because, if one doesn't, they run the risk of getting slammed for it----and then, inevitably, it seems, they will whine about the person who slammed them, and not take responsibility for THEIR role in the conversation devolving into a fight.

The second example, not only puts-down anybody who voted for President Trump, but also puts-down the president; and, AFAIC, it IS an attack on me, because so many people's posts say things, like: "The Republicans did this, and that was stupid"; or, "The Democrats did that, and that was stupid", etc. It's not a PERSONAL attack, but it's an attack on groups of "my" people, and I don't take kindly to that. It's no different, IMO, than when someone attacks someone else, here on WP, and I defend the person being attacked----and, ESPECIALLY, if they're new; because, as I've said before, that's like walking into a party full of people you don't know, and putting-down everybody, there (I even defended someone, recently, who was attacked by a newbie, and I don't even like the person, who was attacked - but, it was the principle of the thing).

I realize that alot of Aspies are of the "solitary mind", so-to-speak----meaning, that they DON'T see / understand the value of "fighting-for" a group----but, then, isn't that one of the things for which we are MOST criticized (not thinking of anyone, but ourselves)?

No, it is NEVER okay, IMO, to down-right criticize the U.S. or any other country, in public----it IS, okay, IMO, to ask questions, and use more "gentle" words / phrases, to get your point across (ie, "seems", "seems like", "seemingly", "IMO", "maybe", "sometimes", etc.). Sure, I support the First Amendment----but, even THAT has caveats, and I support their adherence, as well. Here's the thing.....

Alot of Aspies' no.1 mantra, seems to be: "I REFUSE to conform!!" (ie, follow social conventions, etc.); and then, those same Aspies will be the FIRST ones to whine when they get criticized for their Aspie behavior----AND, if that's not bad enough, those same Aspies will DEMAND that NTs (et al.) conform to the Aspie's way of making things more comfortable, for the Aspie. What's wrong with this picture? Where's the give and take?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2017, 10:20 am

androbot01 wrote:
Have it your way then.

That's better.

But in all seriousness, I go out of my way to keep from making things personal because that derails the thread. Instead of Trump derangement syndrome being the topic, now so-in-so is the topic. And I don't want that.

Now as to the prediction that Ivanka Trump might wind up in jail, I took it for granted that was something circulating around. And usually in my opinion a lot of these predictions and theories circulating around are based on an irrational premise. Usually along the lines of wishful thinking.

Now since you're making an issue of this theory about Ivanka being your own personal original patented prediction, theory, whatever... am I still going to say it's based on an irrational premise? Probably. But in that case I'm talking about a specific thing seeming irrational to me, rather than an entire person regarding everything they think or say. In that case I'd be the one coming to an irrational conclusion.

Also calling what someone says irrational is not a personal attack. It just means I consider the theory/prediction/whatever to be illogical or unreasonable.

Irrational:
adjective
1.not logical or reasonable.
synonyms: unreasonable, illogical, groundless, baseless, unfounded, unjustifiable.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2017, 10:24 am

EzraS wrote:
Now as to the prediction that Ivanka Trump might wind up in jail, I took it for granted that was something circulating around.

Others have probably predicted this possible outcome as well. She is breaking the law when she benefits financially from her position in the White House.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2017, 10:51 am

androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Now as to the prediction that Ivanka Trump might wind up in jail, I took it for granted that was something circulating around.

Others have probably predicted this possible outcome as well. She is breaking the law when she benefits financially from her position in the White House.

I take it you're referring to 5 CFR § 2635.702? If that's the case, from what I see, it's Kellyanne Conway who's the one who might have crossed that boundary.

Last edited by EzraS on 04 May 2017, 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2017, 10:56 am

EzraS wrote:
The reason why certain people go on and on and on with Trump bashing, is in the title of this thread. It's derangement. It's an obsession. It's like crack to them. They're hopelessly addicted.

I partially agree----it certainly seems to be that way (it often comes-across that way, at least).

Another part of it seems to be that it's fun to put-down our country (which is, in essence, IMO, putting-down USAans), to feel better about themselves, or draw attention to themselves, or whatever----IOW, IMO, you can just-about BET that they're getting SOME benefit, from it; or, they wouldn't continue to do it / do it, as much.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2017, 10:58 am

EzraS wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I take it you're referring to 5 CFR § 2635.702?

Specifically I am referring to her influence in China and her personal benefit therefrom. But yeah, that too.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2017, 11:00 am

EzraS wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
Yes, so pick on some other country's leader / administration, for awhile, and give us USAans a break, please.

I've thought about attacking the prime minister of Canada (whatever his/her name is) but I'm not sure that can be done with the leader of a large country that virtually does absolutely nothing. I mean it might as well be run by an animatronic puppet.

It's like if Canada disappeared off the face of the Earth, the rest of the planet would be completely unaffected. Well except for the supply of canadian bacon and maple syrup I suppose.

NOT helpful!!

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2017, 11:03 am

androbot01 wrote:
...saying that Canada is insignificant to the world is a bit mean. Canada's a nice place.

And THERE it is, in-a-nutshell, IMO----it's okay to say things about the U.S.; but, when someone says something about Canada, it's "a bit mean".

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2017, 11:43 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
Yes, so pick on some other country's leader / administration, for awhile, and give us USAans a break, please.

I've thought about attacking the prime minister of Canada (whatever his/her name is) but I'm not sure that can be done with the leader of a large country that virtually does absolutely nothing. I mean it might as well be run by an animatronic puppet.

It's like if Canada disappeared off the face of the Earth, the rest of the planet would be completely unaffected. Well except for the supply of canadian bacon and maple syrup I suppose.

NOT helpful!!

:cry:

Campin_Cat wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
...saying that Canada is insignificant to the world is a bit mean. Canada's a nice place.

And THERE it is, in-a-nutshell, IMO----it's okay to say things about the U.S.; but, when someone says something about Canada, it's "a bit mean".

Well that is the point I was making. But whatever.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2017, 1:00 pm

EzraS wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
androbot01 wrote:

I understand----but, IMO, because of all the "extra" you put on there (ie, "virtually does absolutely nothing", "animatronic puppet", and your entire last sentence), your intention was lost, basically, after the word "but", in your first sentence----and lacking in class and manners (of which I KNOW you have).

Don't stoop to their level, Babe. (wink)

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2017, 1:36 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
androbot01 wrote:

I understand----but, IMO, because of all the "extra" you put on there (ie, "virtually does absolutely nothing", "animatronic puppet", and your entire last sentence), your intention was lost, basically, after the word "but", in your first sentence----and lacking in class and manners (of which I KNOW you have).

Don't stoop to their level, Babe. (wink)

I was being satirical and tongue-in-cheek and all that and I thought I was hilarious.
I'll have to reread that post at least 50 more times before I stop laughing at it.
Stoop to their level, pshaw, they wish they were that witty.
Not to mention humble.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2017, 2:02 pm

androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I take it you're referring to 5 CFR § 2635.702?

Specifically I am referring to her influence in China and her personal benefit therefrom. But yeah, that too.

That better not interfere with America trying to get China to nuke N. Korea.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2017, 3:17 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
EzraS wrote:
The reason why certain people go on and on and on with Trump bashing, is in the title of this thread. It's derangement. It's an obsession. It's like crack to them. They're hopelessly addicted.

I partially agree----it certainly seems to be that way (it often comes-across that way, at least).

Another part of it seems to be that it's fun to put-down our country (which is, in essence, IMO, putting-down USAans), to feel better about themselves, or draw attention to themselves, or whatever----IOW, IMO, you can just-about BET that they're getting SOME benefit, from it; or, they wouldn't continue to do it / do it, as much.

Didn't it occurred to you that for some Trump is going against the values that many stand for, and not just a little bit. He's against environmental science and science in general, lack any common human decency, his tax policies is based on a notion that failed every time it have been tried, he's pro Wall-Street, he despise women, he despise knowledge, he talk like an idiot, he's a liar, he go against human rights and many other things; yet he's now the most powerful man on the planet.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 May 2017, 3:44 pm

Trudeau is a much better leader than Trump. Obviously he isn't flawless but he's doing a very good job. Canadians should be proud of him.

I think the reason people complain about Trump is because he's a genuinely terrible person. While we have similarly terrible politicians in other Western countries, they don't get to major offices. For example, the only UKIP MP ever to win a seat in a General Election was Douglas Carswell, who defected from the Conservatives and was essentially an Independent. Someone like Nuttall or Farage becoming President (if we had an equivalent position) would be unthinkable. Marine Le Pen might have managed to get to the second round in the French elections, but polling suggests she would even have lost to Jean-Luc Melenchon in the runoff (although of course FN win seats in the parliament). Hungary is in a bad state and Poland is heading that way too, but they're less important and the Iron Curtain and language barriers left them culturally isolated from Western Europe in a way that America isn't. But when politicians in Western Europe behave like Trump, say the things Trump says, endorse the policies that Trump endorses, and associate with people like Trump, it ends their mainstream careers.

While of course there are groups of people who hate America, for the most part I think people love America, aren't keen on its foreign policies or lack of healthcare, and hate Trump and the basket of deploreables. They know that you're still the same country that elected Obama, and indeed most voters backed Clinton in 2016. Most of you are being represented by a president you didn't vote for, and even some of those who did vote for Trump did so reluctantly because they thought he'd be better for the economy. People understand that. They are dismayed that an evil man is president, but they don't blame ordinary Americans as a whole.

In general, non-Americans have much better understanding of American affairs than Americans do of foreign affairs. We don't hate America. Frankly, I think the idea that we do comes from a paranoid small-mindedness of culturally-isolated parts of small-town America. Of course, small-town Britain isn't necessarily better (see: Brexit), nor is small-town France or Spain, but unfortunately America is bigger than European countries, so has more "small-town" people, and your geographical isolation makes it much easier to be culturally isolated too, so it's maybe slightly more pronounced.