Page 39 of 42 [ 672 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2019, 2:31 am

cberg wrote:
Republican politics lately seems to be all about who is the greatest victim.

The unmitigated irony of this statement.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2019, 9:14 pm

I forgot, which party was the one promoting violence?

There Are Four Lights!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2019, 4:28 am

'This is a target list': Joaquin Castro facing backlash for tweeting the names of Texas Trump donors

Quote:
President Donald Trump's campaign and several top Republicans on Tuesday slammed Rep. Joaquin Castro, the twin brother and campaign chairman of 2020 presidential hopeful Julián Castro, after he posted a list of Texas Trump donors and their place of business.

Joaquin Castro on Monday evening criticized Trump donors from San Antonio, his hometown and the district he represents, who donated the maximum amount of $2,000 to Trump.

In his tweet, he included a screenshot of the names of 44 donors and their businesses. The list is public record and can be found online at the Federal Elections Commission website.

"Their contributions are fueling a campaign of hate that labels Hispanic immigrants as ‘invaders,'" he wrote in the tweet.

Six Trump donors Joaquin Castro tried to shame also gave to him and brother Julián
Quote:
Joaquin Castro may be creating political liabilities for himself by alienating his own constituents and donor base, all in an effort to brand those very same political givers as effectively racist for backing Trump in 2020.

A Washington Examiner review of Federal Elections Committee filings found three individuals on the list who gave $5,600 to Trump, the maximum available by law for the primary and general election, and Joaquin Castro, a congressman from San Antonio who also leads the presidential campaign of his brother, a former San Antonio mayor.

Another three individuals on the list told the Washington Examiner that they supported Julián Castro's mayoral campaigns. Julián Castro served as San Antonio mayor from 2009 to 2014, before being tapped as HUD secretary for the final two-and-a-half years of President Barack Obama's administration.

Edward Steves, owner of a manufacturing firm that he said is the oldest company in San Antonio, told the Washington Examiner that he once hosted a fundraiser at his house that raised over $300,000 for Julián Castro’s mayoral campaign.

But Joaquin's tweet and follow-up statements chastising local Trump donors may backfire for his own reelection races, Steves said.

“He's probably got 44 people that are going to contribute heavily to whoever might run against him in the primaries,” Steves said.

Donald Kuyrkendall, president of a San Antonio commercial real estate company, shared concern about his family's safety and wondered what the Castro brothers hoped to gain by the Twitter outing of Trump donors.

“Were his intentions to incite people to picket Bill Miller's barbecue or to come to Don Kuyrkendall’s house, you know, assault my wife, make nasty comments?” Kuyrkendall said.

Kuyrkendall said that in wake of the tweet, his lawyer reminded him that he once donated to Julián Castro's mayoral campaign.

“Life is short and this kind of silliness is not good for anybody, especially with the climate we have right now with two mass shootings in a weekend,” Kuyrkendall said.

“I'm just hopeful that none of this gets serious and that my grandchildren and children will be not intimidated by this stuff,” Kuyrkendall said.

In and of itself this not unusual. "Boycott Autism Speaks" publishes lists of donors to Autism Speaks. If the congressmen specified this was for boycott purposes ok, but he did not. The wording "this is a target list" leaves no doubt in my mind this is a no so veiled call for retaliatory attacks. Many of you might remember Sarah Palin posted a picture of a congresswoman with crosshairs on her and then Rep. Gabby Giffords subsequently got shot and has to live with lifetime disability. In this climate, I guess this was inevitable.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 11:12 pm

A member of Congress is selling these and using them in her campaign:

https://twitter.com/RashidaTlaib/status ... 62/photo/1

There Are Four Lights!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 11:26 pm

i agree with her sentiment even if i don't agree with its end.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2019, 7:52 pm

Ketchup!! We've got him this time!!

There Are Four Lights!

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2019, 9:11 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
cberg wrote:
Republican politics lately seems to be all about who is the greatest victim.

The unmitigated irony of this statement.

I didn't say anything about the left.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2019, 12:33 am

Darmok wrote:

Wait, who's the 'snowflakes' again? :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2019, 6:45 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Darmok wrote:

Wait, who's the 'snowflakes' again? :lol:

Do you think that bothers them? They love it. More publicity for Trump. More of dems making themselves look bad.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2019, 7:49 am

Personally, I think the pro-Trump woman at the AOC meeting who pretended to be a democrat while advocating eating babies doesn't do much for the image of Republicans, either.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2019, 8:32 am

Impeachment doesn’t mean a damn thing. Conviction does.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2019, 9:02 am

and moscow mitch would never allow it, the crook.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2019, 1:13 am

Aktshually, while the dim-bulb Newsweek reporter was snidely tweeting about Trump tweeting, Trump was flying overnight to serve Thanksgiving dinner to US troops in Afghanistan.

There Are Four Lights!

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2019, 7:49 am

Darmok wrote:
Aktshually, while the dim-bulb Newsweek reporter was snidely tweeting about Trump tweeting, Trump was flying overnight to serve Thanksgiving dinner to US troops in Afghanistan.

She apologised and rewrote it:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JessicaGKwon ... 1599321089

I didn't get to see the original, but now she's getting the SJW treatment where her apology is not accepted. But I think we have to be fair, she fell for the fake tweets put out by the Trump Twitter, that were put out because people noticed it went dark when Trump visited Iraq. So in a way, she was actually helping Trump by adding more smoke to his smokescreen.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2019, 9:23 pm

Drake wrote:
Darmok wrote:

She apologised and rewrote it:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JessicaGKwon ... 1599321089

I didn't get to see the original, but now she's getting the SJW treatment where her apology is not accepted. But I think we have to be fair, she fell for the fake tweets put out by the Trump Twitter, that were put out because people noticed it went dark when Trump visited Iraq. So in a way, she was actually helping Trump by adding more smoke to his smokescreen.

She's been fired. She really did get the SJW treatment.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2019, 11:19 pm

OMG, Impeach him now!! :lol:

There Are Four Lights!