Is a Scary Prophecy Written in 1907 About Obama Coming True

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,539

05 Jan 2017, 4:17 pm

Quote:
Interested in the latest news about autism or that weird thing they found at the bottom of the lake?


Before I get reprimanded, I should say that this is the latter --
fringe subject matter, mainly being posted for entertainment value.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHWacCYJUhU
6min:35sec

The book is supposed to be a work of fiction, written too long ago, to be well-researched, but now appears to be full of interesting coincidences.



Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2013
Age: 1021
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,863
Location: Erehwon

05 Jan 2017, 4:41 pm

Wow the guy in the book was a Senator, and Obama is the President. Yup, that is uncanny alright.

Most people are too afraid to acknowledge the power of cheap fictionomancy, because if this one is true, then so might be "Call of Cthulhu" "Shadow over Innsmouth" and, saints preserve us, "Plan 9 from Outer Space."

The stars will come right on January 15th OMG!

But, seriously, how do we know that it's just story. I mean really know?
8O 8O 8O


_________________
Don't believe the gender note under my avatar. A WP bug means I can't fix it.


friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,539

05 Jan 2017, 4:56 pm

Also, the two Popes being discussed, in 1907-ish.

They're supposed to pass on, but never retire.



Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2013
Age: 1021
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,863
Location: Erehwon

05 Jan 2017, 5:37 pm

And then there's the deposed British Royal Family.

The thing is so damn close to reality it's stupefying.


_________________
Don't believe the gender note under my avatar. A WP bug means I can't fix it.


Feyokien
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 16 Dec 2014
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,119
Location: The Northern Waste

05 Jan 2017, 5:48 pm

Image
:P



naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 66
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,071
Location: temperate zone

05 Jan 2017, 7:28 pm

Both the novel, and the latest news, feature an international summit in the city of Paris (Paris is a common place to have international conferences- the USA was created as a nation from a treaty signed in Paris in 1783).

And both the novel, and real life right now are populated by people who breath oxygen.

Astounding!



Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2013
Age: 1021
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,863
Location: Erehwon

05 Jan 2017, 8:34 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
And both the novel, and real life right now are populated by people who breath oxygen.

Astounding!


Good catch! That kind of seals the deal with a seventh seal, don't you think?
I mean it's just one more coincidence, but way more than one coincidence too many... :wink:


_________________
Don't believe the gender note under my avatar. A WP bug means I can't fix it.


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

05 Jan 2017, 9:57 pm

These kinds of things as the OP states are good for entertainment value.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,000
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

05 Jan 2017, 10:22 pm

So let me get this straight... A work of fiction written over a hundred years ago is supposed to be prophetic? And accusing Barack Obama of being the Antichrist?
By the way, I really must have missed that thing about Christians being persecuted for the sake of Masonic goddess worship. Because for that idiot book to be true, that has to be happening right now, and it simply isn't.
This book has it's roots in the very bad theology of Millennialism, which was spawned from Darby's ridiculously bad interpretation of Revelations.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,539

06 Jan 2017, 12:45 pm

Over the years, I have found that it is possible for scoffers to make a dozen, trollish topposts, before I can give one well-considered answer.

I have things to do, outside. The ground is very wet. So, I am bored, for now.

Kraichgauer wrote:
So let me get this straight... A work of fiction written over a hundred years ago is supposed to be prophetic?

friedmacguffins wrote:
Before I get reprimanded, I should say that this is...
fringe subject matter, mainly being posted for entertainment value.

Actually, we are supposed to test the spirits or prophets. What if it never happens that way.

Kraichgauer wrote:
And accusing Barack Obama of being the Antichrist?

Facetiously, so far.

Kraichgauer wrote:
By the way, I really must have missed that thing about Christians being persecuted for the sake of Masonic goddess worship. Because for that idiot book to be true, that has to be happening right now, and it simply isn't.

At what point does the book say that, specifically.

But, I'll answer the question.

Let's say that we are no longer bound by the ceremonial portions of the Old Covenant. We are no longer obliged to make animal sacrifices. Judaism is customary, historical, but not for Gentiles.

But, some hypothetical person follows the whole rest of the Bible, word-for-word.

Can they get along with you, legally.

Or, could they be caged and dispossessed, under duress. Not because they took anything from you, or harmed you. Because, of their religious observance.

I don't think you're willing to take that possibility off the table.

In a morally-neutral world, there are no damages to repay. It's an example of bias and is persecution.

Kraichgauer wrote:
This book has it's roots in the very bad theology of Millennialism, which was spawned from Darby's ridiculously bad interpretation of Revelations.

Because you have given us the name of Darby, and nothing more, this is an ad hominem rebuttal, not based on observable facts or logical inconsistencies.

Regarding Millennialism --
In Rev 20, John of Patmos wrote:
...and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. And when the thousand years are expired...


What was your argument, against Millennialism, if any, since there is clearly a period of one thousand years.

Where is Millennialism discussed, in 'Lord of the World'?



naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 66
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,071
Location: temperate zone

06 Jan 2017, 2:42 pm

So when are you going tell us about it?

Neither the OP, nor the linked article states a single parallel between the novel and current events.

So in what way is it "coming true"?



friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,539

06 Jan 2017, 2:56 pm

Youtube channel, C Erevna, would consider it a strange coincidence, if the once-insignificant Obama declares Mid East Peace, on or near January 15, 2017.

But, no actual names are being used, in the fictional work of literature.

The author never forces anyone to answer whether he is a prophet or has inside information.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,000
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

06 Jan 2017, 7:08 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
Over the years, I have found that it is possible for scoffers to make a dozen, trollish topposts, before I can give one well-considered answer.

I have things to do, outside. The ground is very wet. So, I am bored, for now.

Kraichgauer wrote:
So let me get this straight... A work of fiction written over a hundred years ago is supposed to be prophetic?

friedmacguffins wrote:
Before I get reprimanded, I should say that this is...
fringe subject matter, mainly being posted for entertainment value.

Actually, we are supposed to test the spirits or prophets. What if it never happens that way.

Kraichgauer wrote:
And accusing Barack Obama of being the Antichrist?

Facetiously, so far.

Kraichgauer wrote:
By the way, I really must have missed that thing about Christians being persecuted for the sake of Masonic goddess worship. Because for that idiot book to be true, that has to be happening right now, and it simply isn't.

At what point does the book say that, specifically.

But, I'll answer the question.

Let's say that we are no longer bound by the ceremonial portions of the Old Covenant. We are no longer obliged to make animal sacrifices. Judaism is customary, historical, but not for Gentiles.

But, some hypothetical person follows the whole rest of the Bible, word-for-word.

Can they get along with you, legally.

Or, could they be caged and dispossessed, under duress. Not because they took anything from you, or harmed you. Because, of their religious observance.

I don't think you're willing to take that possibility off the table.

In a morally-neutral world, there are no damages to repay. It's an example of bias and is persecution.

Kraichgauer wrote:
This book has it's roots in the very bad theology of Millennialism, which was spawned from Darby's ridiculously bad interpretation of Revelations.

Because you have given us the name of Darby, and nothing more, this is an ad hominem rebuttal, not based on observable facts or logical inconsistencies.

Regarding Millennialism --
In Rev 20, John of Patmos wrote:
...and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. And when the thousand years are expired...


What was your argument, against Millennialism, if any, since there is clearly a period of one thousand years.

Where is Millennialism discussed, in 'Lord of the World'?


All the stuff you called into question in my post was mentioned in the Youtube video, therefore I addressed it.
Darby was the theologian who started this modern Millennialist craze in evangelical churches. As a Lutheran and mainline Protestant, I am not one to hold Revelation in high regard. My church has no doctrines based on this book, as is the trend with other mainline Protestants and Catholics, while both Luther and Calvin thought the book should never have been canonized.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,539

07 Jan 2017, 12:14 pm

Just questioning.

The "Little Horn" is supposed to displace three others.

Do three countries get thrown under the bus, to seal the deal.


Kraichgauer wrote:
Luther and Calvin thought the book should never have been canonized.


Luther persecuted Baptists. Calvin was an antisemite. We have ideas, named after them.

I'm sorry, but your church is neglectful. Revelation is a book in the Bible, take it or leave it.

'Lord of the World' isn't. That was posted for general interest.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,000
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

07 Jan 2017, 4:06 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
Just questioning.

The "Little Horn" is supposed to displace three others.

Do three countries get thrown under the bus, to seal the deal.


Kraichgauer wrote:
Luther and Calvin thought the book should never have been canonized.


Luther persecuted Baptists. Calvin was an antisemite. We have ideas, named after them.

I'm sorry, but your church is neglectful. Revelation is a book in the Bible, take it or leave it.

'Lord of the World' isn't. That was posted for general interest.


It was Luther who in later life became Antisemitic. As his physical health declined so did his mental faculties, causing him in his final years to lash out at almost everyone, from Jews, to his theological students, to even his friends. It's not to defend him, but to explain why.
And Luther never persecuted Baptists, as the Baptist faith didn't exist yet. It was the Anabaptists who Luther spoke out against, because they had perpetrated violence under John of Leyden and others, and turned the peasant's movement, which had been formerly peaceful, into a violent revolt that murdered mostly other peasants. The Anabaptists were in fact the theological and genetic descendants of today's Amish, Hutterites, and other similar now peaceful groups. Just because they only practiced adult baptism doesn't make them Baptists.
You're free to think anything about my church, as I'm free to think anything about yours. As for taking or leaving Revelations: I'll leave it, thank you very much. It's a mistake of fundamentalism to assume everything in the Bible is of equal worth, or that everything should be taken literally. On that point, Baptists are inconsistent, as they refuse to accept "This is my body," and "this is my blood," as literal statements.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,539

08 Jan 2017, 11:23 pm

You're going well out of your way to disregard my point about Luther and Calvin contributing talking points, but still being fallible.

I don't understand your meaning about the Communion, as we were never taught to partake carelessly.

"For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come. Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged."
-- from 1Cor 11

I don't understand your meaning about Darby, since you could read for yourself, where a period of a thousands years was mentioned, again and again.