Page 1 of 20 [ 308 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next

rvacountrysinger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Dec 2016, 3:55 pm

Donald Trump simply wants to fix the system. He loves his country. The small faction of white supremacists who claim him are going to be disappointed when they realize he is not their guy. In fact its Hillary Clinton who is more in line with their thinking. Donald Trump is going to be great for America. I am so happy about this. He has an anointing from God. I know that Satan is very unhappy that Trump is going to be president. We need to pray for his protection and for his cabinet.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 4:49 pm

I don't know if he is or not, but I feel he is turning a blind eye to the fact that there are bigots who openly support his incoming presidency.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 5:24 pm

rvacountrysinger wrote:
I am so happy about this. He has an anointing from God. I know that Satan is very unhappy that Trump is going to be president. We need to pray for his protection and for his cabinet.

:roll:, even if your god does exist why would he involve himself specifically in American politics?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 5:25 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I don't know if he is or not, but I feel he is turning a blind eye to the fact that there are bigots who openly support his incoming presidency.

Also, all his picks for various offices are horrendous, terrible picks unfit for the positions he's appointing them to.

rvacountrysinger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Dec 2016, 6:36 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Also, all his picks for various offices are horrendous, terrible picks unfit for the positions he's appointing them to.

Of course God exists. We have free will to make choices, but God allows candidates and He has plans for our political systems. If you read the Bible He did then as well. And our choices reflect our nation. America is a Christian nation. Donald Trump will lead us through. I think of him kind of like Sampson. He may not always have the best direction but ultimately God can use him to work it for good.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 6:51 pm

America is NOT a Christian nation. It's a secular nation where the majority happen to be Christian.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 6:55 pm

The nation is the people kraftie, that's covered in conservatism 101.

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 7:09 pm

Rvacountrysinger, why is your description of God (and in turn his description in the bible) so orwellian?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 7:19 pm

rvacountrysinger wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Of course God exists. We have free will to make choices, but God allows candidates and He has plans for our political systems. If you read the Bible He did then as well. And our choices reflect our nation. America is a Christian nation. Donald Trump will lead us through. I think of him kind of like Sampson. He may not always have the best direction but ultimately God can use him to work it for good.

America is not a a Christian nation, people have the right to believe in whatever religion they want or none at all, and also no laws respecting the establishment of religion can be made according to the first amendment. If it was a 'Christian nation' it would be a theocracy and there is nothing good about theocracy.

Believe what you want, I myself don't follow/believe in christianity, but still even if your god is real why would he want to influence U.S politics over other countries politics, what makes america special to him?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 7:20 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
America is NOT a Christian nation. It's a secular nation where the majority happen to be Christian.

I don't know that the majority even are Christians.

feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 7:25 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Sweetleaf - I think you are wasting your time with this type of discussion. These people don't want to discuss, they just want to tell how great their opinions are and why you are wrong.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 7:41 pm

feral botanist wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Sweetleaf - I think you are wasting your time with this type of discussion. These people don't want to discuss, they just want to tell how great their opinions are and why you are wrong.

Probably, but the only other things I have to do today are play league of legends, and binge watching star trek the next generation so I have time to waste.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 8:00 pm

trump IS racist. he refused until ordered by the courts to rent to blacks. he also denigrates women and makes fun of people with disabilities. all this is a matter of public record and NOT open for debate.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 8:10 pm

The majority in the US are at least nominally Christian. The majority of Christians are Protestants.

I am a Jew (at least in "culture"). I have no interest in promoting a "Christian majority" because I'm Christian.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 8:17 pm

I heard it's 70-80%.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 8:35 pm

cathylynn wrote:
trump IS racist. he refused until ordered by the courts to rent to blacks. he also denigrates women and makes fun of people with disabilities. all this is a matter of public record and NOT open for debate.
That might not have been the case. And even if it is who says Trump has not changed his beliefs.

Keep in mind that many of Trump's cabinets picks hail from ethnic minorities. His Secretary of Housing, Ben Carson is African American and his Ambassador to the UN, Nikki Haley is an Indian American.

He has also kept numerous Black friends e.g. Kanye West. If he let's those people be close to him how could you say he despises them?

You say blatantly that he denigrates women and makes fun of disabilities, well I say you are kind of pulling that out of context. He said much of what he did as a joke, and in regards to being misogynistic, him saying he would grab women by the p**** doesn't really imply something harsh towards women. But rather its kind of like him saying because he has so much money he can get any woman he wants.