The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Jan 2017, 8:18 am

adifferentname wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
I sent a letter to the mayor of my town (I live in a rather conservative suburb of Houston), simply to ask which bathroom he would require Caitlyn Jenner to use. The purpose is to determine whether to publicly expose the mayor as a right-wing bigot, and force a recall election.

Caitlyn Jenner would use the women's bathroom. Which do you propose?

There are homophobic bigots who want to force Jenner and other trans women to use the men's room. They insist trans women want to rape women and girls. :roll:

Jenner's gay?

I wasn't aware.

She has been married to three different women, including reality TV star Kris Jenner.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 10:34 am

The_Walrus wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
I sent a letter to the mayor of my town (I live in a rather conservative suburb of Houston), simply to ask which bathroom he would require Caitlyn Jenner to use. The purpose is to determine whether to publicly expose the mayor as a right-wing bigot, and force a recall election.

There are homophobic bigots who want to force Jenner and other trans women to use the men's room. They insist trans women want to rape women and girls. :roll:

Jenner's gay?

I wasn't aware.

She has been married to three different women, including reality TV star Kris Jenner.

I don't believe that qualifies. The waters are further muddied by the fact Jenner is reportedly seeking a boyfriend.

I suggest the correct description for Jenner is "confused".

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Jan 2017, 11:15 am

Homophobia is generally aimed at sexual activity rather than sexual orientation, hence mantras like "love the sinner, hate the sin". Homophobes are unlikely to particularly care whether a woman who has sex with women is exclusively homosexual, bisexual, or as you put it, confused.

Regardless, we both know Bill was using "homophobia" to refer to blanket discriminatory attitudes towards LGBT+ people. This is a common practice. Examples: http://www.stop-homophobia.com/lgbt-ter ... efinitions and even https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homophobia

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 11:30 am

I don't care who uses what bathroom.I'm more concerned the bathroom is clean.I used the men's room in Home Depot the other day,the ladies was closed.No one cared and nobody thought I was going on there looking for little boys to molest.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

18 Jan 2017, 11:40 am

I don't think most people care all that much about such an insignificant & minuscule issue as transgendered bathroom use is. It is something that as gotten way too much publicity in light of other much more pressing issues.

Trump made it clear that he supports gay rights during the GOP primary and general, it's always been false narrative.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 11:51 am

The_Walrus wrote:
Homophobia is generally aimed at sexual activity rather than sexual orientation, hence mantras like "love the sinner, hate the sin". Homophobes are unlikely to particularly care whether a woman who has sex with women is exclusively homosexual, bisexual, or as you put it, confused.

Regardless, we both know Bill was using "homophobia" to refer to blanket discriminatory attitudes towards LGBT+ people. This is a common practice. Examples: http://www.stop-homophobia.com/lgbt-ter ... efinitions and even https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homophobia

I have no idea how Bill was using it, but it certainly doesn't make sense to apply it as a blanket term to those who are against any or all aspects of the false collective LGBTETC.

For context, I believe there are valid objections to how Transgender is being addressed that do not make one a "transphobe" let alone a "homophobe" (ill-suited framing as a "fear" notwithstanding).

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 11:58 am

I think that they are all unnatural vile and disgusting and if it were possible should be outlawed. Public restrooms that is. I don't like them.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Jan 2017, 12:11 pm

But people have to go somewhere and if they have nowhere else to go they could get arrested by the cops for going under the nearest tree? (OK it's not really such a problem for guys but women need somewhere "decent")...

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 12:40 pm

Sometimes I wonder if a full-on, Chinese-style cultural revolution is a good option.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 2:27 pm

adifferentname wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Jenner's gay?

I wasn't aware.

I believe homophobia is a catch-all term for discrimination against all LGBT persons, including transphobia.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 2:30 pm

The_Walrus wrote:

Thank you; you beat me to saying just about the same thing.

Diabolikal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jan 2017, 4:32 pm

I'm scared of a Trump presidency because he's basically a grown-up version of the meatheads who used to pick on me at the YMCA after school and in school, now in power. I'm scared because it means a large portion of humanity felt that it's better to vote for a guy who among other things said a judge couldn't be impartial because "he's proud of his Mexican heritage" and egging on supporters to beat up protesters at rallies (this is straight form his mouth, so don't tell them about "the propaganda media"). I'm scared because the media just kept reporting on him, and might do whatever it thinks to keep getting ratings instead of being informative. I'm scared of his administration possibly allowing for the hunting of more endangered animals, I'm scared of the threat of casual nuclear bombings just anywhere, I'm scared of his role as a symbol of the rise of Fox News right-wing-ism and Al Capone-style thugs like Vladimir Putin. I'm scared of being a target for retaliation because I say things like "Wrong Planet is becoming a fever swamp" or "maybe it's time to get rid of nation-states" or "we are but dust mites in a cosmic ocean, and all this power playing is really meaningless and harmful", or because I am singled out as a "leftist" on comment boards like on Mother Jones. I'm scared that the probability of ending up in a dystopian world will increase exponentially, and just might happen. I'm scared of a world going insane, as everyone looks to fight and hate each other. I'm afraid of a Trump presidency because I sometimes think about other things than my own interests, and that appears to be a liability now (hence why I haven't said much about what could happen to other people I'm not, and don't want some idiot telling me I can't complain about things like deportations since I'm not going to be deported). I'm scared of a Trump presidency because science, technology, peace, understanding, knowledge, imagination, all seem to fall to the wayside in a time and space where a loud obnoxious "outsider bringing change" (who I say is really more an apogee of the down spiral of American politics and media, not an outsider), a comic character out of a Commedia dell'arte, is elected president and loved by so many.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 2:41 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Jenner's gay?

I wasn't aware.

I believe homophobia is a catch-all term for discrimination against all LGBT persons, including transphobia.

Perhaps according to certain Identitarians who wish to push LGBTETC as a monolithic group.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 3:00 am

adifferentname wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Jenner's gay?

I wasn't aware.

Perhaps according to certain Identitarians who wish to push LGBTETC as a monolithic group.

Due to fighting against bigotry directed at them, LGBT people have had to make common cause.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 7:55 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Jenner's gay?

I wasn't aware.

Due to fighting against bigotry directed at them, LGBT people have had to make common cause.

All of them? Did they agree to become clones of each other?

It's a weaselly use of a weasel word.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 9:09 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
Sometimes I wonder if a full-on, Chinese-style cultural revolution is a good option.

Works for me.