- Maybe 20%  20%  [ 6 ]
- I doubt it 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
- Other (please post) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 30

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 6:53 pm

Well, technically, it's not 10, as this one's almost over----but, do you plan-on watching the inauguration (whether or not, you watch it live)?

If you are gonna watch, other than the obvious, what are you most looking-forward to seeing?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 7:15 pm

I'm not going to knock myself over to watch it---but if happens to be on when I'm by a TV, I might watch it.

In his Inaugural Address, Trump is going to sound very moderate; he will be more cautious than normal.

If he insists that we will land on Mars by the end of this decade, I might like him a little better.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 7:24 pm

I stood in below-freezing temperatures at the 1997 presidential inauguration at the U.S. Capitol (I had meetings in Washington that week, had been invited to attend, and wanted to appear slightly grateful to the White House, okay? Besides, I was bundled up beyond belief; "I can't put my arms down!" Hehe.). After just 30 minutes of standing under a tree on the Capitol's northwest lawn, I learned that I had severe difficulty standing or walking. I must have appeared intoxicated for the first block walking back to my hotel after I called it quits earlier than anticipated. Subsequent inaugurations have only reminded me of the physical pain involved with my only in-person attendance. Pavlov was right.

Still, while I believe that Trump was the better choice as president (I actually didn't vote at the federal level), I amn't exactly interested in yet another celebration which will involve very little about the individual at the center of our collective attention. Instead, the world will be listening to "the commentariat" talk on and on about "how the president got here after such a grueling campaign." In the topic's survey, I answered "Maybe" because I am, in fact, a little interested, despite how rote the whole ordeal will be.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 7:29 pm

<--- A 9mm Glock pointed at his throat will get him to sit in front of a TV and watch that nonsense.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

10 Jan 2017, 7:31 pm

It is a historic moment as was Obama's inauguration, of course I will be watching.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 7:43 pm

^^ That's exactly how I feel about it!!

I didn't vote for President Obama----but, I certainly wasn't gonna miss his inauguration.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 7:57 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
...do you plan-on watching the inauguration (whether or not, you watch it live)...?

We should have our own WrongPlanet.net commentary live!

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 8:06 pm

I wonder if lefties will be disappointed when he doesn't rip off his suit to reveal a Nazi uniform and announce the beginning of the Mexican Final Solution.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 8:09 pm

^^ LOLOLOL

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 8:11 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
...do you plan-on watching the inauguration (whether or not, you watch it live)...?

IIRC, a few of us did that on Election Night----so, it could be done, AGAIN!!

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 8:17 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:

I vote to do it again.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 8:35 pm

Most likely not, I'll be working, and we have no TV's at the job site.

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 8:44 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:

I vote to do it again.

Seconded!

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 9:14 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:

I vote to do it again.

Okay----I'm down, with that!!

I already don't have to work. I'll be on Celebrity Watch / Fashion Patrol, cuz that's my thing----although, I probably won't get to see much fashion, as everybody'll be wearing coats; but, maybe, I can give my critique, the next day, regarding the inaugural ball, the night before!!

I wish I'd been on WP, when Aretha Franklin debuted that HAT!! LOL

Also, I'm always rootin' for Al Roker to get the first "interview". He always stands on the parade's sideline with his mic, and when the newly sworn-in president gets out of his car and walks, Al'll do aerobics (not literal) to get his attention, shake his hand, and say: "How ya doin', Mr. President?" (FIRST interview)! ! LOL

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 10:19 pm

Maybe, maybe not.
Just knowing that there will be a lot of liberals watching it just to torture themselves (the same as why they watch Fox News and listen to Limbaugh and other conservative shows) will be good enough for me.
:D

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 11:01 pm

Mikah wrote:
I wonder if lefties will be disappointed when he doesn't rip off his suit to reveal a Nazi uniform and announce the beginning of the Mexican Final Solution.

You mean he's not going to?Then there is no reason to watch if it's going to be dull.