Tomzy95
Raven
Raven

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2017, 10:01 pm

Tomzy95 wrote:
https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2017/1/28/14427086/federal-court-halts-trumps-immigration-ban?client=safari

Seems like a reasonable action to me. Banning people with green cards and visas dose seem unconstitutional.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2017, 10:21 pm

Tomzy95 wrote:
https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2017/1/28/14427086/federal-court-halts-trumps-immigration-ban?client=safari

I hope D.T. does not say to the judge "You're Fired"

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2017, 11:05 pm

I'm expecting a Tweet saying "Federal Judge Blocked Me! Unfair!"

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2017, 4:51 am

EzraS wrote:

:D

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2017, 5:01 am

This is all very entertaining. :mrgreen: I gotta hand it to Trump that he sure is keeping the Left on their toes. This was only Week 1.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Tomzy95
Raven
Raven

29 Jan 2017, 5:57 am

EzraS wrote:

Lmao actually!

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2017, 6:06 am

The block really doesn't do that much to change the Executive Order.

US judge bars deportations under Trump travel ban. http://tiny.iavian.net/eyyh

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2017, 6:08 am

nurseangela wrote:
This is all very entertaining. :mrgreen: I gotta hand it to Trump that he sure is keeping the Left on their toes. This was only Week 1.

Things would've been much more boring with Clinton in office. I just hope the price of amusement isn't seeing the nation go up in flames.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2017, 6:40 am

EzraS wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

Things would've been much more boring with Clinton in office. I just hope the price of amusement isn't seeing the nation go up in flames.

Couldn't be any worse than what we had with Obama and his free-for-all. We are only in Week 1 with Trump getting his feet wet and most of the Left already has their panties in a bind. That is good entertainment. After a while, they will all find out what a great President Trump will be. :mrgreen: They just have to have several temper tantrums first.

Darn, I flunked.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2017, 6:44 am

nurseangela wrote:

The Left? Isn't the people he's keeping on their toes travellers, refugees, people on business trips?

Tomzy95
Raven
Raven

29 Jan 2017, 8:29 am

EzraS wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

Um this is definitely debatable. She would already be at conflict with Russia.

Tomzy95
Raven
Raven

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

29 Jan 2017, 10:18 am

Trump is doing what he said he would do, a temporary ban is hardly unprecedented. People caught in transit were in a gray area but I think it will straighten itself out. It is the sovereign right of all countries to decide who can and can't enter, the US needs a better system of vetting people which may be had to understand for Europeans to understand but whenever an attack happens like the one in Nice or Paris they understand the great damage Angela Merkel has done to the security of the continent. Everyone in Europe should hate Germany by now, how many times will they destroy Europe?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2017, 10:36 am

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2017, 10:04 pm

Vox Day picked up on this article:

https://placejourdan.wordpress.com/2017 ... mps-order/

There are two things not be readily apparent for Americans that are important to know about the action taken by this judge. The first, legal; the second, political.

First, note that the judge’s order blocks immigration authorities for sending people out of the United States “after they have landed at a U.S. airport with valid visas.”

This is an entirely unlawful act by the judge, completely at odds with basic, well-known United States law and, as such, the ruling can be nothing more than naked partisanship, an act aimed at negating a policy disagreed with committed while acting under the color of law.

U.S. visas, of any class, are different from those issued by other countries. They do not confer the right to enter the United States, but the right to present oneself at a Port of Entry (including airports) to ask for permission to enter the United States.

How Can I Use a Visa to Enter the United States?

Having a U.S. visa allows you to travel to a port of entry, airport or land border crossing, and request permission of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP) inspector to enter the United States. While having a visa does not guarantee entry to the United States, it does indicate a consular officer at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad has determined you are eligible to seek entry for that specific purpose. DHS/CBP inspectors, guardians of the nation’s borders, are responsible for admission of travelers to the United States, for a specified status and period of time. DHS also has responsibility for immigration matters while you are present in the United States.

— U.S. Dept. of State, website, webpage “What is a U.S. Visa”

Thus, the entirety of the judge’s order is unlawful and proceeds from an assumption of legal facts about what a U.S. visa is that is wrong. This judge isn’t stupid. She knows this. She knows that the order she issued is unlawful.

Hmmm.