Page 2 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2017, 12:00 am

Is it true that that loonytune, Alex Jones, really believes in Reptoids?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2017, 1:51 am

Darmok wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
BaalChatzaf wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Which way does it go again?

Is it the Bilderburgers who are behind the Bohemian Grove?

Or is the Bohemian Grove that is behind the Bilderburgers?

I know that they both take orders from Rothchildes.

Why stop there? Go on to the Elders of Zion

And the Elders of Zion take orders from the Illumanitti.

And the Illumanitti are just stooges for.....the Alien Reptoids from Arcturus! :D

Who take orders from me. :mrgreen:

I have never received orders from Darmok. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2017, 1:57 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

http://mediamatters.org/video/2016/03/1 ... n-a/209345

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2017, 2:45 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

Who's that, the son of Mother Jones?

Is this the owl ppl are talking about?

https://media1.giphy.com/media/6X1EgnD4tB0re/200_s.gif

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2017, 3:54 pm

Actually THAT owl (wearing an academic mortar board) IS the same owl motif as that of the Bohemian Grove.The Bohemian Grove owl represents "knowledge", and "wisdom", and all of that boring, and nonsinister stuff that owls usually symbolize in Western culture. And actually the common "wise old owl" meme in the modern West is rooted in ancient Paganism- the wise old owl was a symbol of the Goddess Athena in ancient Greece. But nothing to do with Babylonia.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2017, 7:37 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Darmok wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
BaalChatzaf wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

And the Illumanitti are just stooges for.....the Alien Reptoids from Arcturus! :D

That's because I haven't activated your cortical implant yet. Be patient, the signal will be coming. :skull:

There Are Four Lights!

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2017, 8:30 pm

Darmok wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Darmok wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
BaalChatzaf wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

That's because I haven't activated your cortical implant yet. Be patient, the signal will be coming. :skull:

Hmmpph,that little thing? I had it scanned and removed eons ago. :roll:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2017, 10:37 pm

So the bald eagle is the well known bird symbol of America and the owl is the lesser known bird symbol.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2017, 11:35 pm

EzraS wrote:
So the bald eagle is the well known bird symbol of America and the owl is the lesser known bird symbol.

No.

As a matter of fact everyone in the entire Western World over two years old is familiar with the phrase "wise old owl". Surely you too must have heard the expression.

Both birds are extremely WELL KNOWN symbols.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2017, 11:41 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
EzraS wrote:

No.

As a matter of fact everyone in the entire Western World over two years old is familiar with the phrase "wise old owl". Surely you too must have heard the expression.

Probably the most famous coin in history:

https://www.google.com/search?q=owl+of+ ... 68#imgrc=_

There Are Four Lights!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2017, 11:58 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
EzraS wrote:

No.

I never associated owls with America the way I do bald eagles. I don't recall an owl being used the way a bald eagle is used to symbolize America. When I see an owl I think of all sorts of things, when I see a bald eagle, I think Murica. But maybe that's just me.

Darmok wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
EzraS wrote:

No.

And what American coinage has an owl on it? And what other coinage other than American has a bald eagle on it?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2017, 3:02 am

Misslizard wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

http://mediamatters.org/video/2016/03/1 ... n-a/209345

Okay, he stark raving insane. But then again, I don't think I ever doubted he was.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2017, 4:58 am

EzraS wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
EzraS wrote:

No.

I never associated owls with America the way I do bald eagles. I don't recall an owl being used the way a bald eagle is used to symbolize America. When I see an owl I think of all sorts of things, when I see a bald eagle, I think Murica. But maybe that's just me.

Darmok wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
EzraS wrote:

No.

And what American coinage has an owl on it? And what other coinage other than American has a bald eagle on it?

None of us has a clue as to wtf you're talking about.

Nobody said the owl was used as a patriotic symbol for America, or for any place else(except maybe for the ancient city state of Athens).

The Brits have a mammal (the lion), and the non bald martial eagle symbolizes Germany, Austria, and a bunch of other old world countries ( Albania, and Russia, use two headed martial eagles). And we have the bald eagle.

But in each and every one of the above countries the owl is used as symbol of wisdom. But no modern country I know of uses the owl as a national patriotic symbol.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2017, 5:15 am

naturalplastic wrote:
EzraS wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
EzraS wrote:

No.

Darmok wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
EzraS wrote:

No.

Oh really? Part of a collective mind are you?

naturalplastic wrote:
Nobody said the owl was used as a patriotic symbol for America, or for any place else(except maybe for the ancient city state of Athens).

The Brits have a mammal (the lion), and the non bald martial eagle symbolizes Germany, Austria, and a bunch of other old world countries ( Albania, and Russia, use two headed martial eagles). And we have the bald eagle.

But in each and every one of the above countries the owl is used as symbol of wisdom. But no modern country I know of uses the owl as a national symbol.

What happened is I said "So the bald eagle is the well known bird symbol of America and the owl is the lesser known bird symbol". What should have added at the end was, the owl is the lesser known AMERICAN bird symbol. Since I didn't specify AMERICA, it was assumed I meant the owl was a lesser known bird symbol throughout the entire world and all of history. Does that explain it better or are you still stuck in wtf mode?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2017, 10:18 am

Fun owl facts.
http://www.owlpages.com/owls/articles.php?a=62
There used to be a Barred Owl that hung around the house for years,it got really tame and we could walk right up to where it was perched.It was around for about ten years,but vanished.Maybe a victim of old age.I miss seeing the owl.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2017, 11:28 am

EzraS wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
EzraS wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
EzraS wrote:

No.

Darmok wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
EzraS wrote:

No.

Oh really? Part of a collective mind are you?

naturalplastic wrote:

But in each and every one of the above countries the owl is used as symbol of wisdom. But no modern country I know of uses the owl as a national symbol.

What happened is I said "So the bald eagle is the well known bird symbol of America and the owl is the lesser known bird symbol". What should have added at the end was, the owl is the lesser known AMERICAN bird symbol. Since I didn't specify AMERICA, it was assumed I meant the owl was a lesser known bird symbol throughout the entire world and all of history. Does that explain it better or are you still stuck in wtf mode?

This is worse than blind man's bluff!

:lol:

Lets just take it from the top. Start the conversation over again.

Okay: this is what you meant to ask: "Is the owl THE lesser known American bird symbol then the Bald Eagle?".

That is STILL an ambiguously worded question. By "American bird symbol" do you mean "is the bird American?" , or do you mean "is the symbol American?". Lions are not native to England. But lions are used as a symbol by Brits for their country of Britain..

And if the latter ...that the symbol is American (and not that the bird is necessarily American) then what do you mean by "American symbol"?

Are you asking "is the owl used as a symbol FOR America?" Or are you asking "is the owl used IN America as a symbol for something else?" :lol: Could mean either thing.

And your curve balls didnt end there.

But to sum it up:

On one hand:

The bald eagle IS used in America, by Americans (and by everyone else on the planet) as a symbol for America, and the Founding Father choose it as a symbol partially because the bald eagle IS also native to -and is- largely peculiar to-North America.

That much you apparently understand, and we are both on the same page about it.

In contrast:

the owl IS used in America as a symbol, but NOT as a symbol FOR America (its not and never was a patriotic symbol). Owls are found in the USA, but they are not peculiar to the USA. And though Americans USE the owl as a symbol (for education and wisdom and all that), that cultural symbolism is also NOT pecular to the USA. Its is largely universal to the whole Western World. Neither the bird, nor the symbolic use of the bird in America are distinctively American.

Are we still on the same page?

Finally...about it being "lesser known":

Every grade school kid in Europe, and in the American continents, as heard the phrase "the wise old owl". So obviously the use of the owl as a symbol for wisdom is not "lesser known" than anything. Its about as well known a meme as it gets. So the owl symbolism is at least as "well known", if not more well known, than the symbolism of the bald eagle to stand for a particular nation.

Are we still on the same page?

So in conclusion: if you were asking about whether owls and bald eagle jockey for rank to stand for the same thing- the answer is NO! The two birds represent two very different and non competing and noncomparable things despite the fact that both symbolic uses of both birds are "well known".

Comprende?