Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 9:21 am

Too be busy, off course, implies you are doing something important
but what if its not

how can a society establish in law that a corporation has the rights of an individual?

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 10:34 am

syzygyish wrote:
but what if its not

how can a society establish in law that a corporation has the rights of an individual?

A society that is ruled by greedy, ignorant, globalist, neoconservative, evangelical hypochritstian, white nationalist, super wealthy, and ethically challenged people who can take their money and their good looks and go **** themselves raw until they die.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 10:48 am

syzygyish wrote:

If you make enough contributions to the campaign funds of key Senators and Representatives, you can get anything that isn't obviously illegal written into law.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 11:28 am

syzygyish wrote:
but what if its not

Remember the phrase, "No taxation without representation?" If the corporations are taxed, they should have the ability to represent themselves.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 11:40 am

Bataar wrote:
syzygyish wrote:
but what if its not

Remember the phrase, "No taxation without representation?" If the corporations are taxed, they should have the ability to represent themselves.

Well, let one appear in court and argue for that then. Not some person speaking on behalf of the corporation, but the corporation itself.

Gee, that doesn't really make sense, does it.

So we recognize that they are not people in terms of most forms of responsibility, but are people in terms of rights. That probably seems fair to people on the payroll. Otherwise, let's recognize that they are collections of people acting in concert. Each one of those people has rights to representation, the collective entity does not. No taxation without representation is for the individual humans, not the collective entity.

If we don't get this right, we inevitably give up democracy for oligarchy because individuals outside the 1% cannot compete against the power of collectives.