Page 1 of 12 [ 189 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

17 May 2013, 9:12 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho00FMJ59k4

Warning, the video is graphic. It shows a Syrian 'rebel' cutting out and eating the heart of government soldier.

Meanwhile, the US will be sending $250 million dollars in aid these 'rebels' and they want more. The Syrian government has made advances in the last couple months, unsurprisingly now you hear calls for intervention and Israel has already involved itself with a massive bombing.

Does anyone still believe in the myth of the supposed Arab Spring?



xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2008
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,624

17 May 2013, 9:15 am

He also said that cannibalism was "legitimate". "You are either with us or you're against the cannibals".



MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,442

17 May 2013, 9:40 am

It is sick, but understand this is all a chain of causes and effects. Many Syrians want Bashar Al Assad out, and the comments in Arabic show just how grieved the people are by Bashar's murder of innocent Syrian civilians (including defenseless babies).

Eating the heart out of a soldier fighting for Bashar is nothing to the Syrians compared to what they, their wives, and children have to go through because of Bashar.



MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,442

17 May 2013, 9:40 am

xenon13 wrote:
He also said that cannibalism was "legitimate". "You are either with us or you're against the cannibals".


Do you know Arabic?



Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,897
Location: Lancashire, UK

17 May 2013, 9:44 am

MCalavera wrote:
Eating the heart out of a soldier fighting for Bashar is nothing to the Syrians compared to what they, their wives, and children have to go through because of Bashar.


80,000+ Syrians dead now, isn't it?

It's all indescribably horrific. Whether meted out by the 'rebels', the jihadis, or Assad.



Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

17 May 2013, 9:48 am

http://youtu.be/9cc-HC1CnJg
mass execution by Syrian rebels

there are so many more videos just like this.



MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,442

17 May 2013, 9:53 am

Jacoby wrote:
http://youtu.be/9cc-HC1CnJg
mass execution by Syrian rebels

there are so many more videos just like this.


I understand what they said. These people were criminals that killed innocent civilians and were, thus, being executed as a result. Do you think that's worse than what Bashar regime have done to the innocents among the families of the Syrian opposition?



Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

17 May 2013, 10:55 am

MCalavera wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
http://youtu.be/9cc-HC1CnJg
mass execution by Syrian rebels

there are so many more videos just like this.


I understand what they said. These people were criminals that killed innocent civilians and were, thus, being executed as a result. Do you think that's worse than what Bashar regime have done to the innocents among the families of the Syrian opposition?
'

I see men in masks carrying black flags summarily executing prisoners, I have no reason to trust anything they say. I won't defend the actions of the Assad regime but lets remember that this is a war being waged against the Syrian government by Western backed 'rebels'. This war would not be happening right now without foreign interference, they fuel the bloodshed with weapons and insurgents to justify more overt Western intervention later "to stop the killing". It happened in Libya, Gaddafi had almost retaken all 'rebel' held territory besides Benghazi before NATO intervened.



MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,442

17 May 2013, 11:08 am

Jacoby wrote:
I see men in masks carrying black flags summarily executing prisoners, I have no reason to trust anything they say. I won't defend the actions of the Assad regime but lets remember that this is a war being waged against the Syrian government by Western backed 'rebels'. This war would not be happening right now without foreign interference, they fuel the bloodshed with weapons and insurgents to justify more overt Western intervention later "to stop the killing". It happened in Libya, Gaddafi had almost retaken all 'rebel' held territory besides Benghazi before NATO intervened.


I told you what they said. Up to you to trust them or not.

If you think these Syrian rebels needed the West to start a war against Bashar, you don't know the Middle Easterners well.



MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,442

17 May 2013, 11:12 am

By the way, you didn't answer my question. Assuming that it's true they were executed for killing innocent civilians (including children), do you think executing them is worse than some of the atrocities committed by the Bashar regime against the Syrian people?



Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

18 May 2013, 5:24 pm

MCalavera wrote:
By the way, you didn't answer my question. Assuming that it's true they were executed for killing innocent civilians (including children), do you think executing them is worse than some of the atrocities committed by the Bashar regime against the Syrian people?


It's a loaded question so what is the point of answering it? The group there carrying out those executions is the Al-Nusra Front which has pledged allegiance to al-Qaeda and Ayman al-Zawahiri. Their goal to bring about a caliphate and enforce Sharia law on the populace. They are 100% terrorists and should be opposed by all.



Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

18 May 2013, 5:27 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWBIAIOCsRA[/youtube]

interview Bashar al-Assad gave to Argentinian newspaper reporters

Quote:
Syrian President Bashar Assad accused Israel of "directly supporting terrorist groups" in Syria, referring to rebels fighting against his regime, in an exclusive interview with Argentinian newspaper Clarin, which was shared with the Observer on Saturday.

"Israel is directly supporting the terrorist groups in two ways, firstly it gives them logistical support and it also tells them what sites to attack and how to attack them," the Observer quoted him as saying, in reference to recent alleged Israeli strikes on his country.

"For example, they attacked a radar station that is part of our anti-aircraft defenses, which can detect any plane coming from overseas, especially from Israel," he told Clarin's reporter Marcelo Cantelmi during the interview, held in the library of his palace.

He described international intervention as a "clear probability, especially after we've managed to beat back armed groups in many areas of Syria."

"Then these [western] countries sent Israel to do this to raise the morale of the terrorist groups." We expect that an intervention will occur at some point although it may be limited in nature," he opined.

Assad denied reports that fighters from Hezbollah and the Iranian Revolutionary Guards had traveled to Syria to militarily aid the regime, but said that members of both groups had been "coming and going" long before the crisis began. However, he categorially stated, "we do not have fighters from outside Syria."

He also denied claims by the rebels that his regime had used chemical weapons, and purported that the West "lies and falsifies evidence to engineer wars."

He further rejected accusations that his army was using excessive force, asking his interviewer "How does one define excessive force? How can one decide whether excessive force has been used or not? What is the formula to be applied?"


http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Assad- ... ria-313552



Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Nov 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,770

18 May 2013, 6:30 pm

You gain the courage of the recently deceased if you consume their heart, duh.



MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,442

18 May 2013, 8:09 pm

Jacoby wrote:
MCalavera wrote:
By the way, you didn't answer my question. Assuming that it's true they were executed for killing innocent civilians (including children), do you think executing them is worse than some of the atrocities committed by the Bashar regime against the Syrian people?


It's a loaded question so what is the point of answering it? The group there carrying out those executions is the Al-Nusra Front which has pledged allegiance to al-Qaeda and Ayman al-Zawahiri. Their goal to bring about a caliphate and enforce Sharia law on the populace. They are 100% terrorists and should be opposed by all.


They were executing terrorists themselves regardless of whether or not they're terrorists. Even though you have no valid reason to doubt what they said, you choose not to trust them because it goes against what you believe, but my question isn't loaded. It's a good question that you're evading.

So why is this such a bad thing compared to what the Bashar regime did. Aren't they also considered terrorists?

What about the original rebels in Syria? What is your say on them? You do believe they exist, right?



MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,442

18 May 2013, 8:10 pm

Jacoby wrote:
http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Assad-accuses-Israel-of-supporting-terror-groups-in-Syria-313552


So I take it you're a fan of Bashar, am I right?



MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,442

18 May 2013, 8:31 pm

Ok, anyway, enough with conspiracy ways of thinking, this one shows USA isn't as involved as one may believe:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013 ... gime-syria

Quote:
President Barack Obama said the use of chemical weapons in Syria would cross a "red line," be a "game changer" and possibly change his opinion about intervening to halt President Bashar Assad's slaughter of civilians in Syria. Reports from NATO, other allies and internal sources from Syria indicate that medical symptoms from civilians, soil samples and the discovery of fields of poisoned animals support allegations that sarin gas has been used in Syria's civil war.

Despite this breach of using a banned nerve agent, the Obama administration remains hesitant to pursue a specific course of action to stop the violence there.

The administration's reluctance will only embolden the Assad regime, as well as other rogue governments that might possess chemical and biological weapons. U.S. inaction is giving the Assad regime, after two years of wanton bloodshed, a green light to take even more outrageous steps to kill innocents. This undermines America's moral leadership. The time has come for assertive U.S. action to lead international efforts to end the bloodshed and promote the mainstream National Coalition of Syrian Revolution and Opposition Forces — which consists of dozens of opposition groups and representatives from local administrative councils — and an interim government, which are diligently implementing seeds of democracy while marginalizing the extremists.

Beyond chemical weapons, the regime's use of heavy weaponry, Syria's deteriorating humanitarian disaster and the growing inability of the neighboring countries to cope with the massive number of Syrian refugees entering their borders are further reasons for the international community to intervene to help topple the regime. Assad's regime will eventually fall, but failing to act now will only cause more destruction and loss of life.

The U.S. must exert diplomatic pressure and force a negotiated transition of power. Support from the international community is crucial, and the U.S. and its allies should urge the United Nations and Russia to send an unequivocal message to Assad to refrain from using chemical weapons and ballistic missiles against his people.

The international community must also establish safe zones with protected air space from any shelling or missiles to allow for the free movement of Syrian refugees back into their country, and the delivery of humanitarian aid to internally displaced people. Also, it should provide medical facilities and supplies for injured civilians.

Syrians are ready for the fighting to stop and the rebuilding of the country to begin. The transition to democracy will not be an easy task. The Syrian coalition and the interim government recognize all the challenges awaiting once the Assad regime falls, including achieving reconciliation among ethnic and religious groups, undertaking reconstruction efforts, establishing a civil legal system and working to prevent retribution. International support will be crucial. But none of these efforts can begin in earnest until the Assad regime is replaced with a transitional government that can steer the country toward democratic elections.

The past decade's wars may have understandably made Americans weary of prolonged intervention in foreign conflicts. And as Syrians, we make these requests with a heavy heart. But we have painfully witnessed two years of mass destruction, lawlessness and more than 80,000 lives lost since the beginning of the revolution. It is critical that the Obama administration move swiftly and strategically to take the right course of action.

George Sabra is acting president of the National Coalition for Syrian Revolution and Opposition Forces.