Anyone tells you that the US bombs people out of kindness

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2017, 2:26 pm

You can show them this and their claim is finished.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Ignotum
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Apr 2017, 7:57 pm

Lol, I've actually been listening to Chomsky for hours on end in my spare time while playing video games, so pretty ironic to see this posted here.

But if there's anything I've taken away from his lectures on American politics, its that the US is basically ran by major corporations, that all of the last 10 presidents have been utter as*holes, and that the mainstream media is propagandized in such a way as to put the state in the most favorable light possible, no matter the facts of the situation.

So... that's pretty depressing :cry:

NotThatClever13
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Apr 2017, 6:04 pm

Chomsky makes a lot of very good points.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 3:03 pm

Ignotum wrote:
Lol, I've actually been listening to Chomsky for hours on end in my spare time while playing video games, so pretty ironic to see this posted here.

But if there's anything I've taken away from his lectures on American politics, its that the US is basically ran by major corporations, that all of the last 10 presidents have been utter as*holes, and that the mainstream media is propagandized in such a way as to put the state in the most favorable light possible, no matter the facts of the situation.

So... that's pretty depressing :cry:

I listen to him while working.

It is depressing, but we have to keep trying to change things.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Ignotum
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Apr 2017, 3:43 pm

Quote:
It is depressing, but we have to keep trying to change things.

Now that I can agree with!