Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Sep 2014
Age: 50
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,746
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada

30 Mar 2017, 7:35 pm

Former National Security Advisor, Flynn, has agreed to testify to the Committee investigating Russian influence in exchange for immunity.

Globe & Mail/AP: Ex-Trump adviser Flynn seeks immunity for testimony in Russia probe: report

Quote:
Flynn was fired from his job as President Donald Trump’s first national security adviser after it was disclosed that he misled the vice-president about a conversation he had with the Russian ambassador to the U.S. during the transition.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 72,272
Location: Queens, NYC

30 Mar 2017, 7:54 pm

Oh boy.....this might be "the crap hit the fan" time....



the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jan 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,489
Location: up from the ashes

30 Mar 2017, 8:21 pm

Statement from General Flynn's Attorney

Image

Seeing that General Flynn also very much wants to tell his story, I very much want to hear it. 8)

...



the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jan 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,489
Location: up from the ashes

30 Mar 2017, 8:34 pm

... and since the above statement from General Flynn's attorney Robert Kelner is in small font, I've typed it out for easier viewing:

"General Flynn certainly has a story to tell, and he very much wants to tell it, should the circumstances permit.

"Out of respect for the Committees, we will not comment right now on the details of discussions between counsel for General Flynn and the House and Senate Intelligence Committees, other than to confirm that those discussions have taken place. But it is important to acknowledge the circumstances in which those discussions are occurring.

"General Flynn is a highly decorated 33-year veteran of the U.S. Army. He devoted most of his life to serving his country, spending many years away from his family fighting this nation’s battles around the world. He was awarded four Bronze Stars for actions in Iraq, Afghanistan, and elsewhere in the war on terror. He received the Legion of Merit twice, and the Defense Superior Service Medal four times. He is a recipient of the Defense Department’s Distinguished Service Award and the Intelligence Community Gold Seal Medallion for Distinguished Service, as well as numerous other decorations.

"Notwithstanding his life of national service, the media are awash with unfounded allegations, outrageous claims of treason, and vicious innuendo directed against him. He is now the target of unsubstantiated public demands by Members of Congress and other political critics that he be criminally investigated. No reasonable person, who has the benefit of advice from counsel, would submit to questioning in such a highly politicized, witch hunt environment without assurances against unfair prosecution."

March 30, 2017



pezar
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2008
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,432

30 Mar 2017, 9:13 pm

Given that there are factions in DC who seem to be advocating for the overthrow of a leader who, hate him or love him, was elected fairly according to the constitutional rules, and voted for by 5/6 of America's counties, I don't blame Flynn for engaging in major CYA. The DC Left wants to topple Trump and they don't seem to care about collateral damage; if it takes demolishing Flynn or anybody else to get rid of Trump, well to them the ends justify the means.

What's REALLY scary about this is that the Left seems to have utterly convinced itself that America in 2017 is a banana republic during the Cold War where the CIA has just installed a right wing dictator who is hated by the people and that it's the duty of the Left to ride to the rescue and spark a popular uprising to depose the CIA stooge and install the "rightful winner" of the election.

I keep thinking of the 1986 revolution in the Philippines, where Ferdinand Marcos "won" a rigged election, then had to flee ahead of pitchfork bearing mobs, who then handed the presidency to Corazon Aquino. Aquino was Time Magazine's Person of the Year 1986. The American MSM LOVED her and the story in general.

So, it's 30 years later and the Left is convinced that Trump won in a similarly rigged election, and that the much beloved Hillary will soon be installed in the Oval Office as Trump flees the country in a panic aboard a Trump plane headed for Russia, where he will live in asylum as an honored guest of Putin...at least until Hillary wins a war against Russia and brings "freedom" to the poor oppressed Russians. Trump will then be brought to justice along with Snowden.

If the above sounds utterly batsh!t insane, that's because it is. But enough people in DC seem to believe in the reality of it.



Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Dec 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,074
Location: Dallas

30 Mar 2017, 10:46 pm

pezar wrote:
If the above sounds utterly batsh!t insane, that's because it is. But enough people in DC seem to believe in the reality of it.
straw man
ˌstrô ˈman/
noun
noun: strawman
1.
an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.
"her familiar procedure of creating a straw man by exaggerating their approach"



Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

31 Mar 2017, 12:21 am

the nature of how those Flynn leaks came to be is the story

Flynn was plotted against by factions in the government, the same factions that are plotting against Trump



androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Sep 2014
Age: 50
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,746
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada

31 Mar 2017, 8:21 am

Salon: Donald Trump thought immunity was a sign of guilt: A flashback to Trump on the campaign trail. When it came to Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump's thoughts on immunity weren't what they are now

Quote:
Trump on Sep. 27th: "If you're not guilty of a crime, what do you need immunity for?"


Quote:
Trump today: "Mike Flynn should ask for immunity"



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 72,272
Location: Queens, NYC

31 Mar 2017, 9:29 am

I would LOVE to hear what Flynn has to say.

Yep...definitely "cover your butt."

Trump might have been trying to put him under the bus. Flynn won't have any of that!

This is becoming more like Watergate every day. I lived through Watergate. I used to run home from school to watch the Watergate hearings.



feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 5 Jul 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 881
Location: in the dry land

31 Mar 2017, 9:38 am

"Michael Flynn Is Ready to Sing Like a Canary...Right After He Gets Immunity
Which is funny, because he recently suggested that immunity is for criminals."

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politi ... s-immunity



Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

31 Mar 2017, 9:42 am

Lock him up! Lock him up! :lol:



Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2014
Age: 59
Gender: Female
Posts: 25,953
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.

31 Mar 2017, 10:33 am

pezar wrote:
Given that there are factions in DC who seem to be advocating for the overthrow of a leader who, hate him or love him, was elected fairly according to the constitutional rules, and voted for by 5/6 of America's counties, I don't blame Flynn for engaging in major CYA. The DC Left wants to topple Trump and they don't seem to care about collateral damage; if it takes demolishing Flynn or anybody else to get rid of Trump, well to them the ends justify the means.

What's REALLY scary about this is that the Left seems to have utterly convinced itself that America in 2017 is a banana republic during the Cold War where the CIA has just installed a right wing dictator who is hated by the people and that it's the duty of the Left to ride to the rescue and spark a popular uprising to depose the CIA stooge and install the "rightful winner" of the election.

I keep thinking of the 1986 revolution in the Philippines, where Ferdinand Marcos "won" a rigged election, then had to flee ahead of pitchfork bearing mobs, who then handed the presidency to Corazon Aquino. Aquino was Time Magazine's Person of the Year 1986. The American MSM LOVED her and the story in general.

So, it's 30 years later and the Left is convinced that Trump won in a similarly rigged election, and that the much beloved Hillary will soon be installed in the Oval Office as Trump flees the country in a panic aboard a Trump plane headed for Russia, where he will live in asylum as an honored guest of Putin...at least until Hillary wins a war against Russia and brings "freedom" to the poor oppressed Russians. Trump will then be brought to justice along with Snowden.

If the above sounds utterly batsh!t insane, that's because it is. But enough people in DC seem to believe in the reality of it.

I, pretty much, agree with everything in this post.




_________________
White female; age 59; diagnosed Aspie.
I use caps for emphasis----I'm NOT angry or shouting. I use caps like others use italics, underline, or bold.
"What we know is a drop; what we don't know, is an ocean." (Sir Isaac Newton)


Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2014
Age: 59
Gender: Female
Posts: 25,953
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.

31 Mar 2017, 10:34 am

Fugu wrote:
pezar wrote:
If the above sounds utterly batsh!t insane, that's because it is. But enough people in DC seem to believe in the reality of it.
straw man
ˌstrô ˈman/ noun noun: strawman 1. an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.
"her familiar procedure of creating a straw man by exaggerating their approach"

IMO, what pezar said, was NOT a strawman, because he said right in his post----the part that you quoted----that it was insane; PLUS, he made a thoughtful contribution to the topic, BEFORE he wrote that part. To ME, a strawman is an argument presented, as TRUTH----as your own dictionary quotation, says: "an intentionally misrepresented proposition".




_________________
White female; age 59; diagnosed Aspie.
I use caps for emphasis----I'm NOT angry or shouting. I use caps like others use italics, underline, or bold.
"What we know is a drop; what we don't know, is an ocean." (Sir Isaac Newton)


Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

31 Mar 2017, 10:42 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
Fugu wrote:
pezar wrote:
If the above sounds utterly batsh!t insane, that's because it is. But enough people in DC seem to believe in the reality of it.
straw man
ˌstrô ˈman/ noun noun: strawman 1. an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.
"her familiar procedure of creating a straw man by exaggerating their approach"

IMO, what pezar said, was NOT a strawman, because he said right in his post----the part that you quoted----that it was insane; PLUS, he made a thoughtful contribution to the topic, BEFORE he wrote that part. To ME, a strawman is an argument presented, as TRUTH----as your own dictionary quotation, says: "an intentionally misrepresented proposition"


He is ascribing a worldview to people in D.C that doesn't exist. That's why it's a strawman.



feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 5 Jul 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 881
Location: in the dry land

31 Mar 2017, 12:55 pm

strawman

You misrepresented someone's argument to make it easier to attack.
By exaggerating, misrepresenting, or just completely fabricating someone's argument, it's much easier to present your own position as being reasonable, but this kind of dishonesty serves to undermine honest rational debate.

Example: After Will said that we should put more money into health and education, Warren responded by saying that he was surprised that Will hates our country so much that he wants to leave it defenceless by cutting military spending.


Love this website
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman



Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2014
Age: 59
Gender: Female
Posts: 25,953
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.

31 Mar 2017, 3:21 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
Fugu wrote:
pezar wrote:
If the above sounds utterly batsh!t insane, that's because it is. But enough people in DC seem to believe in the reality of it.
straw man
ˌstrô ˈman/ noun noun: strawman 1. an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.
"her familiar procedure of creating a straw man by exaggerating their approach"

IMO, what pezar said, was NOT a strawman, because he said right in his post----the part that you quoted----that it was insane; PLUS, he made a thoughtful contribution to the topic, BEFORE he wrote that part. To ME, a strawman is an argument presented, as TRUTH----as your own dictionary quotation, says: "an intentionally misrepresented proposition"

He is ascribing a worldview to people in D.C that doesn't exist. That's why it's a strawman.

No-no, because he said: "SEEM to believe"----if he had done what you said, he would've said, something like: "Get this----people in D.C. believe this garbage"; which makes it sound like ALL people in D.C. believe it, beyond a shadow of a doubt.




_________________
White female; age 59; diagnosed Aspie.
I use caps for emphasis----I'm NOT angry or shouting. I use caps like others use italics, underline, or bold.
"What we know is a drop; what we don't know, is an ocean." (Sir Isaac Newton)