Page 16 of 20 [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2019, 6:43 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
Darmok wrote:
College Student Suspended For “Antagonizing” skeleton Microaggression Lecture

A second year medical student has been suspended from the University of Virginia after questioning his professors during a lecture on microaggressions.

Kieran Bhattacharya was suspended from the University of Virginia after the institution alleged Bhattacharya became “unnecessarily antagonistic and disrespectful” during a lecture Bhattacharya says was titled “Microaggressions: Why Are They So Sensitive.”

Bhattacharya published audio recordings, both of the classroom incident that led to his suspension, and of the following disciplinary hearing that led to his suspension.

In the classroom recording, as the lecture concluded and students are allowed to ask questions at approximately 28 minutes in, Bhattacharya took the opportunity to raise several concerns with the professor.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/college-s ... n-lecture/

that's pretty ridiculous but the current hysteria surrounding microaggressions has nothing to do with leftism

But what do you mean by that? Leftism is pretty much the only place I see it occurring in large numbers.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2019, 6:48 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
that's pretty ridiculous but the current hysteria surrounding microaggressions has nothing to do with leftism

The entire concept of "microaggressions" from beginning to end is wholly leftist-created tool of social control and domination.

There Are Four Lights!

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2019, 7:04 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
Darmok wrote:
College Student Suspended For “Antagonizing” skeleton Microaggression Lecture

A second year medical student has been suspended from the University of Virginia after questioning his professors during a lecture on microaggressions.

Kieran Bhattacharya was suspended from the University of Virginia after the institution alleged Bhattacharya became “unnecessarily antagonistic and disrespectful” during a lecture Bhattacharya says was titled “Microaggressions: Why Are They So Sensitive.”

Bhattacharya published audio recordings, both of the classroom incident that led to his suspension, and of the following disciplinary hearing that led to his suspension.

In the classroom recording, as the lecture concluded and students are allowed to ask questions at approximately 28 minutes in, Bhattacharya took the opportunity to raise several concerns with the professor.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/college-s ... n-lecture/

But what do you mean by that? Leftism is pretty much the only place I see it occurring in large numbers.

You only look for what you want to see.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2019, 7:05 pm

Darmok wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:

The entire concept of "microaggressions" from beginning to end is wholly leftist-created tool of social control and domination.

Wow, you've really got it out for people. Care to prove that you're not just being paid to sit on here & try to convert us to the GOP?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2019, 2:46 pm

University of North Carolina Asheville Defends Decision to Host Tamika Mallory as Keynote Speaker, Drawing Criticism

Quote:
The University of North Carolina — Asheville (UNCA) has pushed back against demands to cancel an upcoming talk by Tamika Mallory, a co-president of the Women’s March who has been embroiled in controversy due to her ties to Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan.

Mallory will serve as a keynote speaker on Jan. 24 during UNCA’s annual Martin Luther King Jr. Week, which focuses on the late civil rights leader’s enduring moral legacy.

University administrators stood by their decision to invite Mallory in a statement released on Friday, in which they declared their rejection of “bias in all of its forms including anti-Semitism and discrimination,” while also affirming their commitment to “freedom of thought and expression.”

“As has been our custom, the university’s invitation to an individual speaker at a university event in no way implies endorsement of that speaker.

She has repeatedly attended his rallies, and served as an organizer and speaker at the Justice or Else demonstration hosted by Farrakhan in 2015 — an experience UNCA noted in announcing her appearance, without mentioning the Nation of Islam leader’s role. Mallory likewise attended a February rally in which Farrakhan claimed that “the powerful Jews are my enemy,” among other comments criticized as being antisemitic and homophobic.

Chancellor blocks white supremacist from speaking at UNC-Chapel Hill
Quote:
Citing safety concerns, Chancellor Carol Folt said Wednesday that she won't allow white supremacist and alt-right leader Richard Spencer to speak at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

"The lunatics have taken over the asylum" - The Specials

techstepgenr8tion
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy

09 Jan 2019, 2:52 pm

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privelege of owning yourself" - Rudyard Kipling

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2019, 2:55 pm

Yes. Ned Flanders is the head of the Leftist agenda in Academia. He heads a secretive cult whose mission is to make sure left handed shops get rent-free places in all universities and he also is attempting to force universities to offer classes in how to do everything with one's left hand.

Minder
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jan 2019, 6:40 pm

fifasy wrote:
Yes. Ned Flanders is the head of the Leftist agenda in Academia. He heads a secretive cult whose mission is to make sure left handed shops get rent-free places in all universities and he also is attempting to force universities to offer classes in how to do everything with one's left hand.

Stupid sexy Flanders!

techstepgenr8tion
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy

09 Jan 2019, 11:25 pm

Sadly the leftist agenda is more like find someone whose on your side whose not as pure as you are, chew em up, spit em out, and send em off to the neocons/neolibs for a new circle of friends. The colleges aren't part of a conspiracy, they're just having the problem that tends to come of echo chambers in that they accelerate off the rails and crash. What's even sadder is that a crazy enough minority in terms of head-count can hold most sane center-left and thinking progressives hostage. I really hope Bret and Eric Weinstein, Jonathan Haidt, and the Boghossian/Lindsay/Pluckrose team can bring the left back to relevance and sanity because a crazy left is a) unelectable and b) excites their equal and opposite bell-ends on the right into greater numbers and unearned better standing.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privelege of owning yourself" - Rudyard Kipling

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 12:59 am

I wouldn't underestimate a crazy minority of people that much.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 1:02 am

Academia is not black & white, right or left, this or that and it's definitely not anyone's political whipping boy.

I think everyone in this dialog is taking advantage of the scholarly work of millions just to further the agendas of a tiny cabal of political elites. The fact they're taking different sides in public debate is a mere distraction being used to control us.

Academia is a well-known weapon in the fight against political totalitarianism. Right or left has nothing to do with civility at all.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 1:25 am

cberg wrote:
Academia is not black & white, right or left, this or that and it's definitely not anyone's political whipping boy.

I think everyone in this dialog is taking advantage of the scholarly work of millions just to further the agendas of a tiny cabal of political elites. The fact they're taking different sides in public debate is a mere distraction being used to control us.

Academia is a well-known weapon in the fight against political totalitarianism. Right or left has nothing to do with civility at all.

Are you serious? The current people in the top academia institutions are part of the elite.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2019, 1:34 am

True as that may be, it doesn't apply to every academic.

sexbot3
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Jan 2019, 2:27 am

Leftists were embarrassing when I was at school and from watching youtube videos, it looks like they've gotten even worse.

techstepgenr8tion
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy

13 Jan 2019, 11:42 am

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
I wouldn't underestimate a crazy minority of people that much.

Yeah, it's Nassim Taleb's minority rule in effect.

To think, given enough time and effort, we could be seeing flat-earther rights and sensitivity cropping up or blasphemy laws against those who'd publicly make round earth claims.