Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2020, 5:21 pm

When you look at the sign "stop the steal", you know it is a Republican accusing Biden of stealing the election, as opposed to Democrat accusing Trump of trying to do so. So how come when democrats accuse Trump of trying to steal the election they never use the phrase "stop the steal" but instead they look for some other phrases? That is because this phrase is a "stamp phrase".

The phenomenon of a stamp also results in certain issues becoming partisan, when logically it has nothing to do with the party's agenda. What does coronavirus have to do with liberal or conservative values? In what sense would wearing a mask invalidate the conservative beliefs? Yet people act like it does, because its a stamp.

Here is another example of a stamp, from completely different area. When I looked at the translation of the words of Lambada, I was surprised to find out that it is actually a sad song. I had no idea. Based on its melody as well as the way people react to it, I always thought it was a happy song. So I guess those words are just "stamp words" that are sang without real meaning.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2020, 5:40 pm

Trump is trying to claim he won (frequently by a “landslide”) when it is evident that he lost.

He lost by 7 million popular votes.

Nixon lost to Kennedy by less than 200,000 votes. He never sought to overturn the result.