Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

NotThatClever13
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Apr 2017, 7:55 pm

I think like most stuff of this nature, eventually it will be used to exploit rather than reward. Another possible outcome would be charging higher premiums to people who don't participate. Looking ahead into the future of course.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 8:33 pm

NotThatClever13 wrote:
I think like most stuff of this nature, eventually it will be used to exploit rather than reward. Another possible outcome would be charging higher premiums to people who don't participate. Looking ahead into the future of course.

I will admit my bias in this. I get 30,000 to 40,000 a day, so this program would benefit me.

NotThatClever13
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Apr 2017, 8:46 pm

BettaPonic wrote:
NotThatClever13 wrote:

I will admit my bias in this. I get 30,000 to 40,000 a day, so this program would benefit me.

I have no issues with your personal participation, if it benefits you and you are comfortable with it then go for it. I was just looking at it from a more broad perspective.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 9:39 pm

NotThatClever13 wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
NotThatClever13 wrote:

I have no issues with your personal participation, if it benefits you and you are comfortable with it then go for it. I was just looking at it from a more broad perspective.

I am curious if this becomes widespread and more people participate. Do you think people's health would go up and healthcare costs go down?

NotThatClever13
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Apr 2017, 10:12 pm

BettaPonic wrote:
I am curious if this becomes widespread and more people participate. Do you think people's health would go up and healthcare costs go down?

That is an interesting question to ponder. The eternal pessimist in me says it likely won't. People are resistant to change even when it is something that will benefit them like adopting healthier behaviors. However I could see some people encouraged to be healthier by something like that.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2017, 4:51 am

NotThatClever13 wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:

That is an interesting question to ponder. The eternal pessimist in me says it likely won't. People are resistant to change even when it is something that will benefit them like adopting healthier behaviors. However I could see some people encouraged to be healthier by something like that.

It is an interesting strategy that if more widely used will defiantly benefit Fitbit.