Page 6 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2017, 4:06 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
Both people are paid to harm others, in the name of social justice.

I wasn't aware that UC Berkeley students were being paid to harm others.

Taken in context my comment referred to the fact that it was necessary to cancel Ann Coulter's speech scheduled for last thursday, because the school could not guarantee her safety after the school received threats.

Nicholas Dirks, the chancellor of the university, on Wednesday sent a letter to the university, citing violent protests that led to the cancellation of an appearance by Milo Yiannopoulos in February and political clashes in the city in March and April. He said that the university’s commitment to free speech and security had to be balanced. Conservative students have filed a lawsuit claiming that the school has “systematically and intentionally suppressed constitutionally protected expression” for “conservative students whose voices fall beyond the campus political orthodoxy.”

I find it ironic that UC Berkeley crows about being the 'home of the free speech movement'. Perhaps an asterisk needs to be added to that.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2017, 12:38 pm

Soros is presumed to be subversive, but how is it possible for a known outlaw, to have a notorious, banking presence.

There are also (barely) undercover agent provocateurs, who noone believes are real protesters. They sow doubt, when independents are forever accusing eachother of being pigs.